2010.06.30 - KATU Confirming TH posting in its Comments Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty radical in terms of information gathering and release. Sounds quite unethical to me.

This is the same user id that was identified here already.

This is the same user id that was identified here already.

yep...I actually followed that rumor off this board (of course). And saw the posts when they were made. I'm feeling pretty creeped out right now. I think it's significant in that it confirms that she was on-line and checking stuff out and responding for at least a while--even after people were obviously pointing the finger at her and after she took her FB private, iirc.

Pretty radical in terms of information gathering and release. Sounds quite unethical to me.

Well, I wonder what the privacy statement says when you sign up? That they can trace your email and release that information to the public? Sheesh.

ETA: Maybe the email address was public? Was it visible in the postings or by looking at her account? In which case I suppose *anybody* could have traced it, and it wouldn't seem such a breach of privacy.

Yeah, this is pretty scary, releasing this info. But she is not helping herself at all. I feel she is very naive and not so bright, in contrast to so many here who have lauded her intelligence. (Even if she is certified to be a teacher, that does not make her intelligent automatically.) She may have damaged herself if it turns out she says something different at another stage, depending on how liable one is for words on an internet post.

So apparently she wasn't obeying Kaine and keeping totally quiet. I wonder why, if she's a fan of CSI, she didn't realize those comments could be traced back to her? Makes you wonder, if she did do something to Kyron, what other mistakes she's made.

yep...I actually followed that rumor off this board (of course). And saw the posts when they were made. I'm feeling pretty creeped out right now. I think it's significant in that it confirms that she was on-line and checking stuff out and responding for at least a while--even after people were obviously pointing the finger at her and after she took her FB private, iirc.

It is creepy isn't it! It's creepy to me that they actually posted an article about such a thing too.

I wonder is she only used one user name?

Not suprised - she seems quite the poster.

There's a link in that katu article that has a cached list of her posts, by all means she was "not quite the poster", but it was more than enough while your child is missing.

Seeing this/it for what it is...

The internet is a scary place. I post here, and sometimes on CNN. But I don't have a facebook account. If someone wanted they could come on here and look at all my posts. Skeery.

I don't agree with tracing her information and informing the public. To me, that just seems wrong!

Mel

So apparently she wasn't obeying Kaine and keeping totally quiet. I wonder why, if she's a fan of CSI, she didn't realize those comments could be traced back to her? Makes you wonder, if she did do something to Kyron, what other mistakes she's made.

Yes, it does, doesn't it?

I wonder if LE has checked her computer yet? Kaine stated that LE hadn't taken their computers.

Honestly, I didn't think it was her. I didn't think someone could be that, well, dumb.

Obeying? When the weight of the world is on your shoulders you shouldn't be criticized for trying to defend yourself the only way you can. Also, how is posting on a news board a mistake? She had a reasonable expectation of privacy just like we all do here and should not have been outed in the media.

Do not bring comments over please. Link don't bring rumors or unfounded information.

I think the release of information has the potential for a very chilling effect on freedom of expression on the 'net.

~SNIP
Because our Site may offer message boards, conversation pages, chat rooms or other public forums inviting public participation through user submissions, you may choose to provide a user submission. When you do so you might be providing personal information that may be posted publicly or otherwise disclosed without limitation as to its use by a third party. We cannot protect your privacy for your user submissions, and we cannot guarantee your anonymity. We reserve the right to disclose information regarding user submissions pursuant to this Policy. ~~

http://www.katu.com/about/privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member