Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - #10 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cubby please tell me you moved Venus's thread, then brought it back. Or I am going to think I am losing it. lol

Clearly - there is something wrong with RS. No one in their right mind would sign on for what he did, knowing what the outcome would be.

Still, much of what he is claiming can be verified. That will make him the state's number one witness. He won't get away scott-free, but he has the goods.

IMOHO.

I didn't move any of Venus's threads. Just locked one and opened this one. :)

I agree with the other posters in the previous thread that there is something not right about RS - beyond the fact that he knew about and plotted to help an XBox friend commit a murder

I think it's going to come out at trial that he has mental issues JMO

This guy lives in a fantasyland or he is stone cold. It will be interesting to hear what comes out when he is actually cross examined.

I hope everyone gets an opportunity to see RS complete testimony. The news clips really don't capture what it was like witnessing it for two-half hours.

I don't get it though, what was his motivation to help Doug do a murder?

I hope everyone gets an opportunity to see RS complete testimony. The news clips really don't capture what it was like witnessing it for two-half hours.

So what did you think of him? Credible? Childlike? what is the scoop? I mean on the surface we have a 20 year old who lives with his parents and plays xbox clearly in lieu of holding a job...did he seem to have any challenges other than the dyslexia he indicated?

I don't get it though, what was his motivation to help Doug do a murder?

Thrill killing (on his part)? Mis-guided sense of loyalty or justice -- who knows what he was told?

It sounded like Doug wore him down after repeatedly requesting his help. The kid repeatedly told him no. Doug was telling the kid his wife was abusing the children. The kid also say Doug was like his big brother, best friend...

So what did you think of him? Credible? Childlike? what is the scoop? I mean on the surface we have a 20 year old who lives with his parents and plays xbox clearly in lieu of holding a job...did he seem to have any challenges other than the dyslexia he indicated?

To me, he was credible. I also think, his sense of reality was based on video games.

Thanks black dog-I have been reading a number of studies on the teenage brain-and how the frontal lobes are the last to "fuse" to the rest of the brain...basically this is the part of the brain that helps to control impulsivity and perception of reality IIRC. Some people do not obtain their complete growth until into their early 20's, and some of these studies mention the lasting damage done by alcohol and marijuana if smoked in the teen years.

I wonder if this makes it more understandable as to how/why someone like RS might have been a good target for DS in the end. Maybe both of them lived in video-game land.

BTW, I am not saying that it excuses it-just offering a possible explanation.

http://threeriversnews.com/articles/2010/07/02/news/local_news/doc4c2def66eda57594938158.txt

“Around 9 a.m. he called me. He told me he had to pick a new spot to bury her. There were people around.”

Okay so the original spot was less than 2 hours from Venus' parents house.

He got the number at 7am, the estimate for the abduction was 7:10 at the earliest. I am guessing the abduction was about 7:30am. Watch her Mom leave, make sure she didn't come back, then call Venus. They should know from the phone records, hopefully that will be released.

So if he then called at 9am to say he had to find another spot... even speeding it has to be less than a 2 hour drive that he could have done in 1.5 hours. Most likely in the direction of Virginia, since he made it home by 7pm. He couldn't have gone too far off track and still made it back. Hopefully we will also hear if he called and said he found another spot... what time that was.

It takes less than an hour to be out of Michigan. Based on the time line, I don't think she is in Michigan. Unless he didn't abduct her until 8:30 or something. However, there is Coldwater Lake State Park there on the way out.

There isn't much in Indiana... but there is a few places. That would involve 4 states in the crime and complicate things more...

You could get out of Michigan, through Indiana and be IN Ohio in an hour. My guess is that is what he did.

A bit out of your way in Ohio, but towards the border of Michigan is Lake La Su wilderness area. Still only about an hour away from Colon, MI.

2 hours puts you at about Toledo, Ohio.... that's where he bought the abduction kit. Maybe after he bought that he immediately dug the original hole? Maybe that is why he bought the shovel in Ohio, because he needed to USE it in Ohio?

There is no shortage of places there. THIS is my personal guess. Even if there was someone at the first spot, there would have been plenty of others.

There are at least 3 wildlife refuge areas about 30 minutes north of Toledo, OH.

In addition to those, there are also these in the Toledo area:

Oak Openings Park - this has two lakes, not a small place

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aprevit/sets/1178455/

Wildwood Preserve Metropark

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21686909@N07/tags/wildwoodmetropark/

Maurmee State Forest

Another half an hour gets you to Maumee State Park and Maumee Bay

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leisamarie/sets/72157602078074173/

Toledo area metro parks including those listed above which stood out to me:

http://www.metroparkstoledo.com/metro/parksandplaces/index.asp?page_id=483

If there was someone at the first one, he could have gone to another. I would have made one of them work. There is also numerous bodies of water along the route as well.

About 45 minutes past Toledo, you have the Pickeral Creek Wilderness Area.

A few extra minutes will get you to the East Harbor State Park.

About 2 hours past Toledo you have Cuyahoga Valley National Park. That puts you about 4 hours away from Colon, MI. I would not want to still have a body in my truck at this point. I'd stop here if none of the other places had worked.

Mosquito Creek State Park, Mosquito Creek Wilderness Area and Mosquito Creek Wildlife Area are another hour.

A little ways past that you have Tinker Creek State Park.

There are several other Wilderness area just before you enter Pennsylvania, if you go 30-45 minutes off the freeway. I find that unlikely though.

I know there are more... Ohio has an abundance of "isolated yet just off the freeway" locations. My bet is that Toledo area is where she is. It would be another 3 hours until he got to Pennsylvania... I highly doubt he kept her in the truck that long. Unless he had to because he couldn't stop at the next place. There are also numerous places in Pennsylvania.

I think Venus is in Ohio. :twocents:

Cubby please tell me you moved Venus's thread, then brought it back. Or I am going to think I am losing it. lol

:blushing: It was me. I accidentally moved it to another forum when I was moving some other threads. JBean moved it back here for me. :blushing:

Was the murder kit bought in Toledo? I think your right about being out of state. That would really make the search harder for MSP. Doug seems to have thought this trough, so he would know that crossing the border eliminates any search by Michigan state police.

A friend of the family seems to think Venus is buried near Doug Stewart's parent's house.

If it is a fact Doug Stewart called Ricky Spencer at 9:00 AM to inform him he needed to dig another grave, it would be impossible for the second grave to be anywhere near the Stewart's farm.

Here is what I just posted on the wall of the Facebook group "Where Is Venus Stewart?":

Exactly what time did Venus's mother leave to go to work?

I am thinking the reason Doug was parked in the field on the next street is because he was waiting to see, from his vantage point, Venus's mother's car drive off to work and, after seeing it, got into his truck and sped off as reported by the person who saw the truck. (Perhaps he had binnoculars?)

Sure, he probably knew what time she generally left. He, however, wanted to make certain she was gone so she couldn't call the police, go out for the package herself or advise Venus not to go out at all.

I believe Doug wanted to take Venus immediately after Venus's mother left for work. After all, it was light and time was of the essence.

Now that Venus's mother was gone and the two older grandchildren were off to school, three potential witnesses were out of the picture.

Regardless if Larry McComb was up, which Doug banked on was not the case, he could not risk hanging around the area in "broad daylight" any longer.

To determine the driving distance between Venus's parent's home and the original grave, learning the exact time Venus's mother left for work will give us a better idea of how far away it is.

Clearly Doug dug the grave after he purchased the shovel at the Ohio Walmart located two hours drive away.

What is unclear is where he decided to dig the second hole.

Ricky Spencer testified that Doug arrived back at his home in Newport News, Virgina at 7:00 PM.

We know it is a 14 hour drive from Newport News, Virginia to Colon Michigan.

7:15 AM to 7:00 PM is only 11 hours and 45 minutes. Something isn't adding up here. Driving towards Venus's parent's home would have added more time to the trip home because it is in the opposite direction Doug had to travel.

Ricky Spencer was quoted as saying, during his testimony,
“Around 9 a.m. he called me. He told me he had to pick a new spot to bury her. There were people around.” Source: http://threeriversnews.com/articles/...7594938158.txt

If he grabbed Venus at 7:15 AM, and immediately drove to the burial site, that would make it, at most, 1 hour and 45 minutes drive away.

There is no way he would have turned around and driven back to his parent's house.

A friend of the family seems to think Venus is buried near Doug Stewart's parent's house.

If it is a fact Doug Stewart called Ricky Spencer at 9:00 AM to inform him he needed to dig another grave, it would be impossible for the second grave to be anywhere near the Stewart's farm.

Here is what I just posted on the wall of the Facebook group "Where Is Venus Stewart?":

Exactly what time did Venus's mother leave to go to work?

I am thinking the reason Doug was parked in the field on the next street is because he was waiting to see, from his vantage point, Venus's mother's car drive off to work and, after seeing it, got into his truck and sped off as reported by the person who saw the truck. (Perhaps he had binnoculars?)

Sure, he probably knew what time she generally left. He, however, wanted to make certain she was gone so she couldn't call the police, go out for the package herself or advise Venus not to go out at all.

I believe Doug wanted to take Venus immediately after Venus's mother left for work. After all, it was light and time was of the essence.

Now that Venus's mother was gone and the two older grandchildren were off to school, three potential witnesses were out of the picture.

Regardless if Larry McComb was up, which Doug banked on was not the case, he could not risk hanging around the area in "broad daylight" any longer.

To determine the driving distance between Venus's parent's home and the original grave, learning the exact time Venus's mother left for work will give us a better idea of how far away it is.

Clearly Doug dug the grave after he purchased the shovel at the Ohio Walmart located two hours drive away.

What is unclear is where he decided to dig the second hole.

Ricky Spencer testified that Doug arrived back at his home in Newport News, Virgina at 7:00 PM.

We know it is a 14 hour drive from Newport News, Virginia to Colon Michigan.

7:15 AM to 7:00 PM is only 11 hours and 45 minutes. Something isn't adding up here. Driving towards Venus's parent's home would have added more time to the trip home because it is in the opposite direction Doug had to travel.

Ricky Spencer was quoted as saying, during his testimony,
“Around 9 a.m. he called me. He told me he had to pick a new spot to bury her. There were people around.” Source: http://threeriversnews.com/articles/...7594938158.txt

If he grabbed Venus at 7:15 AM, and immediately drove to the burial site, that would make it, at most, 1 hour and 45 minutes drive away.

There is no way he would have turned around and driven back to his parent's house.

I've got my eye on the Pokagon state park, 32 miles south. Both sets of directions that Google map shows intersect here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong