Edit/delete- what happened?

Snick1946

Reaction score
What happened to the edit/delete feature? I'd like to delete a post I made and now cannot do so. Someone else complained to me about this. Is this a system problem? Thanks.

A heads up. We are considering making the time between when you post and when you can edit your post much shorter.

We have had problems in the past with people deleting a slew of posts they made in one day. That can really mess up the flow of the thread itself.

Haven't decided yet but just wanted to give you advanced warning just in case.

I've attempted to edit a few of my posts in recent days but the edit button seems to disappoint faster than I can re-read all my stuff. I'm notorious for typos, so after posting for a while, I go back to re-proofread, and make corrections. Now I can't. It's always best to check after a bit of time to catch errors because not only do I have eye issue and regular typo problems but my keyboard keeps sticking, so now my posts are beginning to look like an uneducated idiot is writing them instead of the usual idiot.

I thought we were allowed to edit for a few hours, now it seems like minutes.

Please, what is the allotted time to edit posts? I want to be aware so I can check back before the clock ticks too long.

Thanks so much.

By the way, our moderators are doing a wonderful job. :Banane35:

We had problems with a small number of posters writing big posts and then editing them 23 and half hours later. The time frame use to be 24 hours from the time you posted to edit your post. It could and did mess up some discussions in the past.

So the time has now changed to two hours. You have two hours from the time you post to edit it.

If you realize you made a mistake and it is past the two hours please contact a mod and they will be happy to help.

I feel your pain...but could we have some more time...let's say 4 hours (or is this non-negotiable)? I hate when I make a typo...but it's not worthy of taking up a moderator's time. :)

Oy vey! Looks like I need about two weeks to edit my posts. I see a glaring error in my above post. I meant the edit button disappears, not disappoints, although it is disappointing when it disappears. Is there an egg-on-my-face icon? :blushing:

Two hours, eh? I'll try to remember that, but as you can see from my above mistake, I'm a terrible proofreader. :shakehead:

Thanks for the information.

Hi aksleuth :)

I have a suggestion for you that others can use as well if they like. You could try typing your post up in word and then copy / pasting into the reply box so you can spell check through that, or there are addons you can download for your browser to check as well. These ways won't catch every error, but it will cut down on a lot, plus you can leave it open and save as you go along and still be able to edit whenever until you decide to post! By the way, it took me a couple read through's to see the mistake, and I think most people still got your point. :)

This is my third edit in 15 minutes!

If you have eye sight issues, another good thing about typing in another program is you can increase the font to whatever size! You can type it up in size 48 and in a cursive font and nobody will ever know!

Along with that, if you have trouble seeing the webpage, you can hold ctrl and hit the + button to increase the page font size.

Doesn't even seem like it is 2 hours to edit. I *wonder* if the powers to be could be persuaded to give us 6 or 12 hours????
Pretty please????? :singing:

Two hours seems like plenty of time. I know most of my posts don't reflect this, but I post, then go back and re-read and edit and correct my spelling and punctuation errors, etc. Later on if I read it again, I will see even more errors and correct them. If I haven't gotten a post edited in 2 hours time, shame on me. 24 hrs is too much time. There could be 50 comments after a post and then the poster could go back and change what they wrote then post that all 50 previous posters mis-read what they wrote, they "actually" wrote so and so.
That ain't cool, JMO

abbie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine