1323 users online (265 members and 1058 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21
    She needs to stay in prison where she belongs.
    I don't care if she's 70 now. She killed 7 innocent people. She never once showed any remorse or regret during the trial.
    IMO

Also, when were the sentences reduced to life?
    I was always under the impression, they were sentenced to death...at least according to the Helter Skelter book.
    If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make that change!
    Where is baby Sky Metalwala? Missing since 2011!

EuTuCroquet? is offline This may be the year when we finally come face to face with ourselves. ~ HST
    The California Supreme Court struck down the death penalty in the early '70s, meaning all death sentences at that time were commuted to life in prison. It was eventually reinstated, but the commutations stood.

Words matter.

Quote Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
    You make a good point. If she had just killed some random person, she would have been out of prison decades ago. But because the murder was so notorious, she has to stay in prison forever. There is just no logic to our criminal justice system.
    But how many prisoners condemned to Death get paroled? Just lucky CA gave that reprieve I think.
    The Seeker / Sports Freak /

Quote Originally Posted by dgfred View Post
    But how many prisoners condemned to Death get paroled? Just lucky CA gave that reprieve I think.
    But she wasn't sentenced to death. Well I guess she was originally.
    But sometime in the 70's all death sentences were reduced to life. Some life sentences do have the possibility of parole. IMO, she shouldn't have even been eligible. Same with Manson.

IMO
    If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make that change!
    Where is baby Sky Metalwala? Missing since 2011!

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...119-story.html

But “in rare circumstances,” Brown said, “the aggravated nature of the crime alone can provide a valid basis for denying parole, even when there is strong evidence of rehabilitation and no other evidence of current dangerousness.”

Brown cited the horrific nature of the murders, Van Houten’s eager participation and what he characterized as her minimization of her role in them.
    Reply with Quote is everyone's friend
    “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.” Patrick Moynihan

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21