DHS opened a case on Kyron's stepmom years ago

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
A source confirmed late Sunday afternoon that the Oregon Department of Human Services opened a case on Terri Horman following a 2005 arrest and charge of driving under the influence. Her biological son, who was 11 at the time, was in the car when his mother was arrested. As such, Horman also was convicted of reckless endangerment of that son.

Horman pleaded guilty in that incident. She had her license suspended for a month and a half, and served out a 12-month probation for those convictions.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97777564.html

I think it's a good thing that they did, if in fact true (since DHS won't confirm due to privacy laws), because ya can't just drive drunk with your kid in the car and be like "oops, my bad".
I think I would be shocked if they DIDN'T open a case after that.

She was most definitely investigated by DHS if she was arrested for a DUII in Oregon. That is standard when you endanger a child here.

MOO

I wonder if she had gone the normal route and tried to divorce Kaine, if this 'mistake' would have affected the outcome of custody issues. :waitasec:

Did TH have to stop teaching because of the child endangerment charges? Wouldn't this prohibit one's ability to teach in most public school systems?

Hadn't Terri already quit teaching a couple of years before the dui when she started being a stay at home person with Kyron? Even if she couldn't teach, she did have a degree and could have done many other jobs, so she didn't have to quit working altogether because of the drunk driving charge.

Are we sure she was drinking and driving? There are many other things she could have been under the influence of, including prescription drugs.

Are we sure she was drinking and driving? There are many other things she could have been under the influence of, including prescription drugs.

I believe she had .15-almost double the legal limit.

What do we know about TH?
Is she still a heavy drinker?
Looking a pictures on the news TH still had a thin shape after
delivering her baby.
But in 18 months I noticed she left herself go........drinking?

Whatever else, it seems clear, or people here and elsewhere would have dug up any other infraction of the law that Terri might have committed. Since I've seen no other report but this one, I can accept that she was most likely scared straight.

What do we know about TH?
Is she still a heavy drinker?
Looking a pictures on the news TH still had a thin shape after
delivering her baby.
But in 18 months I noticed she left herself go........drinking?

You know, I never linked the DUI with this - huh - very good point guys. As for the DUI with a minor, it's a mandatory CPS investigation for driving drunk with a child (news to me but go Oregon - yes I'm biased I live in Portland)

The record shows she took a diversionary program to get the case dismissed (as I recall from the record). I talked to a CPS friend and he says the followup to this is no real investigation, especially if they take the diversion class.

Whatever else, it seems clear, or people here and elsewhere would have dug up any other infraction of the law that Terri might have committed. Since I've seen no other report but this one, I can accept that she was most likely scared straight.
Maybe the media hasn't search TH by her maiden name yet?

Maybe the media hasn't search TH by her maiden name yet?

I could believe that from media, given their penchant for the sensational 'get' of the moment, but I'd hardly believe that of the sleuths of the inter-tubes I've come to know and love. Someone would have had it plastered where it could be found if there was something to find.

I could believe that from media, given their penchant for the sensational 'get' of the moment, but I'd hardly believe that of the sleuths of the inter-tubes I've come to know and love. Someone would have had it plastered where it could be found if there was something to find.

Well, it would be plastered here if it were allowed.

jmhoo:

the fact that they opened a case on her earlier is related to her dui.. not the current case/situation.

I read the thread to mean "Case Opened Years Ago on Kyron's Stepmom by Department of Homeland Security."

They don't call me Dum-Dum for nothin'.

:bananapowerslide::bananapowerslide:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member