2010.07.05 - Report: Kyron's parents passed polygraph tests

I'm not at all surprised by this...now if someone reports that Terri passed hers I'll be so shocked my head would explode.
RawhideLemmingexplode.gif

Interesting that this news is released/confirmed. Obviously the one omission is meant to give us a clue or allow one to read between the lines.

One more turn of the wrench, tighter and tighter.....

Polygraphs are not admissible in a court of law. Passing or failing one, while salacious and gossipmonger-worthy, doesn't change the legal tactics from the lawyers' standpoint since they can't introduce the topic in a courtroom.

I am not surprised..but its nice for the parents that its shown that they passed and arent being deceptive :)

Polygraphs are not admissible in a court of law. Passing or failing one, while salacious and gossipmonger-worthy, doesn't change the legal tactics from the lawyers' standpoint since they can't introduce the topic in a courtroom.

Wow....another "un-named source" with no documentation that they are even associated with the case in any way. Also, the article takes the information from the KH e-mail which specifically does NOT imply that TH did not pass her's also.

OK who is the "reliable source"??? And were is this source from; family, LE, other??

We have have had so many sources saying stuff in this case but very few statements from LE on anything. It is so maddening!!!

Wow....another "un-named source" with no documentation that they are even associated with the case in any way. Also, the article takes the information from the KH e-mail which specifically does NOT imply that TH did not pass her's also.

Exactly what I was trying to say!

I'm sick of these "sources." To me, unless the source is named, these articles are all just rumor mongering.

These are little LE leaks, I saw it happen over and over in Casey Anthonys case, all the leaks turned out to be true:) These won't be the last Its how LE rolls with it

Often, unnamed 'sources' are people in LE who speak to specific reporters on a hush/hush off-the-record manner. I've seen this personally in a different case in my area where I learned some things from a local reporter that (obviously) came from LE, but that nugget of info wasn't ever published or mentioned.

That doesn't mean that this is official and true info because we don't know who the source is...it could just as easily be a family member or intimate of the family in the case, as much as it could be a LE person.

It's good to keep one's mind open in case the info turns out to be incorrect, but if it's being reported then I consider it one step beyond rumor mongering--since most news organizations are careful to check their sources, even though they don't disclose them.

I was just thinking the same thing about sources, one article the last one I read, has source, sources, and source close to the investigation.
The media has me suspicious about who and why they are leaking info.
And I don't put much into LDT's ever since I learned that the Green River Killer had passed his. That just totally freaked me out.

Often, unnamed 'sources' are people in LE who speak to specific reporters on a hush/hush off-the-record manner. I've seen this personally in a different case in my area where I learned some things from a local reporter that (obviously) came from LE, but that nugget of info wasn't ever published or mentioned.

That doesn't mean that this is official and true info because we don't know who the source is...it could just as easily be a family member or intimate of the family in the case, as much as it could be a LE person.

It's good to keep one's mind open in case the info turns out to be incorrect, but if it's being reported then I consider it one step beyond rumor mongering--since most news organizations are careful to check their sources, even though they don't disclose them.

I completely agree. Yes, you need to look at the news organization that is reporting this. If they are a fairly respected outlet, then I would tend to believe their reporting. If a paper/news show runs with unreliable information regularly, they usually aren't around too long. (or they are tabloid types)

I am not familiar enough with KGW to say whether they are a decent news source or not.

These are little LE leaks, I saw it happen over and over in Casey Anthonys case, all the leaks turned out to be true:) These won't be the last Its how LE rolls with it

But didn't many of those state something like "sources inside the investigation"? This article doesn't state where this source was from. Maybe it is assumed that it was a source within LE but I wish they would say for certain.

By the way does Oregon have anything like FL's Sunshine law or will we have to want for the trial to get any definite answers?

Ron & Misty passed their polygraph tests too. According to them.
Caveat emptor.

LDT's are an investigative tool that sometimes don't work at all. Non-admissible in any court.

*sigh*

If you ask me, we've got a big fat Liarpants contest going on here, and several of the contestants are quite gifted. IMO

I'm not at all surprised by this...now if someone reports that Terri passed hers I'll be so shocked my head would explode.

Wouldn't surprise me.

The reason lie detector tests are not admissible in court is that they are so unreliable. They are a tool of investigation but do not prove anything on their own.

In the Green River Killer case, one early suspect failed a polygraph, which caused a lot of LE effort to be focused on him. DNA evidence eventually completely eliminated him.

Another suspect, Gary Leon Ridgway, passed a lie detector test and was pretty much dropped as a suspect on that basis. In 2001, he was arrested in a prostitution sting and then his DNA was compared to samples collected from the Green River Killer's victims. Ding, ding, ding! Despite passing a polygraph, he was guilty.

I'm not going to go back and figure out how many women Ridgway killed after passing that polygraph.

KGW has learned that Kyron Horman's parents and step-father all passed polygraph tests conducted by police during the investigation into the boy's disappearance, according to a reliable source.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kyrons-parents-provide-more-investigation-details-97831899.html

I'm sorry to feel this way but reliable sources and leaks of this nature - for this case - IMO - have become nothing but a game. Even if LE had a presser to report LDT passing test, even if LE came out and said 3 parents had been cleared, I might have to put some more salt on that corn to offset all the slippery butter LE's got on every "fact" released.

I know this is an investigation. Not saying it's not going as they plan & hope. But I am saying it feels like a game - especially when you realize you cannot rely on information given in formal LE pressers. Different than I've observed in other cases. Becoming pretty fascinating. Makes me wonder if we're watching FBI ops, more so than LE ops. IMO and I really have no idea what to think anymore because the normal fact anchors are ... not really anchored... :crazy: Just musing.

Yup... lil LE leaks to turn the wrench....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back