2010.07.07 - Ann Rule weighs in

scandi

Reaction score
Fascinating look at the case by Anne Rule:

KOIN local 6 News
July 7, 2010

Ann Rule on the Kyron Horman case: "I have the feeling it's right on the edge of exploding"

Snippet

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Ann-Rule-on-the-Kyron-Horman-case-I-have-the/TED_cXMFckKYXIXvWJkXnw.cspx

"Some, including famed author Ann Rule, think something could break any day.

"Either he will be found alive or dead, or maybe someone will come forward, maybe that's whistling in the dark, but I have the feeling it's right on the edge of exploding," Rule told KOIN reporter Araksya Karapetyan.

Despite everything Rule has seen in her long career -- which includes 31 books and over 1,400 articles on murder and kidnapping -- she thinks this is one of the most bizarre cases she has followed. . ." {more at link}
. "

If this article is already here, Mod please delete this post. xox

WOW, How exciting to know that Ann Rule has been studying the case since day one! I wonder if she knows about WS? lol

Ann Rule coming forward to comment is pretty good.

Hi Scandi! :blowkiss:

Thanks for this article. I lurve Ann Rule! :D

She calls it like she see's it. I usually trust her judgement on things. :yes:

Well at least we know that she agrees with a good many of us. This is a BIZARRE case.

Ann Rule coming forward to comment is pretty good.

You betcha. She is such a student of crime, bound for accuracy in what she details in her writing and always having that bit of mystique to grab the reader.

PS: Thanks to the Modship Fairy for making this a thread. ;}

"We are fascinated with it and horrified by it at the same time, and of course in Oregon its 1983 now but when Diane Downs shot her three children that was, people were just obsessed with finding out what had happened, and I think that's the case here."

This is one messed up sentence. It's 1983 in Oregon. What?

I love Ann Rule. I have every book she ever wriitten. Thanks

I have lot of repect for her and if she said it getting ready to blow...I believe her.

I enjoy Ann Rule's books a lot! And she is very kind. I used to be on a library board and emailed her for a recipe for a book we were creating to raise funds. She sent her chili recipe. :)

Her book about the bank robber who lived in a tree house has stuck with me for a long time. I can't remember the title.

I do hope she will stay on this case and write more comments about it even though she may not write a whole book. I think it is fascinating how she said "
"I do think that she is the suspect." Why? "Say she hated her husband and was angry and resentful at him for some reason, and how can you hurt someone more than to take their child away. And I think it's all connected."<snipped from article>

"We are fascinated with it and horrified by it at the same time, and of course in Oregon its 1983 now but when Diane Downs shot her three children that was, people were just obsessed with finding out what had happened, and I think that's the case here."

Thanks for posting that. I thought I had finally gone off the deep end, as everyone else seemed to understand that. LOL!

I wrote the authors of the article a little thank you note for reaching out to Ann Rule for her comments:

"I wanted to thank you both Araksaya and Kyle for your reaching out to Ann Rule for her thoughts on the case. A great article, and being a simple Sleuther who follows Missing Children cases, I appreciate reading a true investigative journalist at work".

I pretty sure she knows a lot LE!!

Even if she don't write a whole book she might do a short story in one of collections... But I would love to read a novel on this one.

Thanks for posting that. I thought I had finally gone off the deep end, as everyone else seemed to understand that. LOL!

LOL, The proof reader missed that. I vaguely remember the Diane Downs case but Kyron's case must remind her allot of that case from what we know already. I hope she writes more too as this case develops. Ya Ya

OK so she is a great writer YES.
OK so when the landscaper came up with the "Murder for hire" story my ears perked up and my eyes widened too.
and Yes anyone who is capable to hire anyone to murder can also arrange an abduction.

What bothers me a lot is that the substitute teacher told a child who notice Kyron missing to "calm down, he just may be in the bathroom" and then she herself (substitute) left the class. AND NOBODY CALLED HOME AFTER THE ATTENDENCE. that is insane.
This has been bothering me from the start. I still want to know where did the teacher go, and has she been interviewed.
I still will not point at Kyron's step mom just because there is a lot that points to her.
Ann Rue did NOT lend a new perspective at all. And I am not jumping on any ban wagon.

OK so she is a great writer YES.
OK so when the landscaper came up with the "Murder for /hire" story my ears perked up and my eyes widened too.
and Yes anyone who is capable to h ire anyone to murder can also arrange and abduction.
What bothers me a lot is that the substitute teacher told a child who notice K missing to "calm down, he just may be in the bathroom" and then she herself (substitute) left the class.
This has been bothering me from the start. I still want to know where did the teacher go, and has she been interviewed.
I still will not point at Ks step mom just because everyone is jumping on the ban wagon, and that includes A Rule.

She knows no more than we do. Which is pretty much ... zilch.

Interestin'. I only just read small sacrifices this week. made me think of kyron and the drama surrounding. Diane Downs was not arrested til 8 months after the shootings. LE dotted all Is, crossed all Ts and in the end, she was convicted.

gave me a lot of patience in this particular case. knowing something is one thing, proving it in a court of law is another but with hard work and patience I believe LE knows what they are doing here. I only keep hoping they find A LIVING CHILD.

LOL, The proof reader missed that. I vaguely remember the Diane Downs case but Kyron's case must remind her allot of that case from what we know already. I hope she writes more too as this case develops. Ya Ya

I believe she was trying to bring everyone back to 1983 when the Diane Downs case captivated everyone.

I enjoy Ann Rule's books a lot! And she is very kind. I used to be on a library board and emailed her for a recipe for a book we were creating to raise funds. She sent her chili recipe. :)

Her book about the bank robber who lived in a tree house has stuck with me for a long time. I can't remember the title.

I do hope she will stay on this case and write more comments about it even though she may not write a whole book. I think it is fascinating how she said "
"I do think that she is the suspect." Why? "Say she hated her husband and was angry and resentful at him for some reason, and how can you hurt someone more than to take their child away. And I think it's all connected."<snipped from article>

I read that. I think it was a story in one of her compilation Crime Files books. Happened in the Seattle area. I think the robber lived near Olympia in the forest.

One reason I like Ann is because she is from Seattle and writes about a lot of Pacific Northwest stories, which I can identify with. Small Sacrifices was my first Ann Rule book and I loved it.

She knows no more than we do. Which is pretty much ... zilch.
About the case, yes, you are probably right.

What she does know IMO, after being a crime writer of actual cases is how the criminal mind thinks, what makes it tic. She probably has the FBI's BAU knowledge wrapped up in her little finger. And she knows how LE works, how they approach a case, operate a 'war room', how they strategize and what it takes to find the unsub. That doesn't even touch her literary genius, putting a case together in story format to make sure the details are accurate and yet be able to hold the reader spell bound until the last page.

I read that. I think it was a story in one of her compilation Crime Files books. Happened in the Seattle area. I think the robber lived near Olympia in the forest.

One reason I like Ann is because she is from Seattle and writes about a lot of Pacific Northwest stories, which I can identify with. Small Sacrifices was my first Ann Rule book and I loved it.

Yes, the bank robber lived in Olympia. His name was Scurlock or something like that. I'll see if I can find it and edit this post. ::googles::

ETA: William Scott "Hollywood" Scurlock. Here is a link from the Washington State Historical Society:

http://www.historylink.org/index.cfm?DisplayPage=output.cfm&file_id=9043

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back