When your ex-wife tells you to do what you want with it then do what you want with it

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Linkage

Boot cleaner, scarecrow, sports banner, dish cloth... just some of the 101 uses a jilted husband has for his ex-wife's wedding dress

By Paul Thompson
Last updated at 11:43 AM on 25th May 2010

A jilted husband has exacted hilarious revenge on the wife who dumped him by becoming an internet sensation with ingenious ways of using her wedding dress.

Kevin Cotter was devastated when his wife walked out after 12 years of marriage taking all her possessions.

The only thing she left behind was her wedding dress. When Mr Cotter tried to get her to take that also, she told him he could do what he liked with it.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...band-Kevin-Cotters-revenge.html#ixzz0t2v7Myok

Here are some pics of what he's thought of so far. He's looking for 101 uses before it falls apart.

article-1280804-09A251F4000005DC-1000_306x512.jpg
article-1280804-099E9323000005DC-223_306x512.jpg

Now that really IS useful: Kevin Cotter uses is ex-wife's dress to clean his boots and dresses it up as a 'Darth Vader' scarecrow

article-1280804-099E9367000005DC-124_306x346.jpg
article-1280804-09A251FB000005DC-602_306x346.jpg

A real fan: The dress at a football match and, right, it makes the perfect washing up cloth

:floorlaugh:

If you have suggestions here is his site; Link

I'm surprised he didn't cut it up and use it as TP.

I remember seeing this reported on tv a while ago, sorry I can't remember what show :(
They also had a comment from the ex and she was saying that the dress was intended to be saved for their daughter so not really sure what the truth really is here. You would think that if she did want it saved for the daughter then she would have been sure to put it somewhere safe.
Not sure how old their children are but if they're old enough to know all of this is going on IMO it's not the best thing for them.

VB

I found the article where the ex speaks out, their daughter is 9 and the children have asked him to stop this.

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/enterta...g-dress-uses-ews-canvas-052620101274976095882

He'd probably be safer not to use it as TP since she told him to do as he wishes.....she may have put poison ivy oil in it....ya never know!! :crazy: Too Funny!!!

:spit: I was thisclose to actually doing that. :laugh:

I remember seeing this reported on tv a while ago, sorry I can't remember what show :(
They also had a comment from the ex and she was saying that the dress was intended to be saved for their daughter so not really sure what the truth really is here. You would think that if she did want it saved for the daughter then she would have been sure to put it somewhere safe.
Not sure how old their children are but if they're old enough to know all of this is going on IMO it's not the best thing for them.

VB

I found the article where the ex speaks out, their daughter is 9 and the children have asked him to stop this.

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/enterta...g-dress-uses-ews-canvas-052620101274976095882

IMO, the mother is pressuring the kids to tell their father to stop. When they're older they'll probably think it's funny too. It's a shame she's involving them in this. :loser:

Obviously, if she intended to keep it for her daughters she would have taken it with her. She's just embarrassed now and trying to make him look bad. JMO

I think Always feminine products are looking for new and unique ways of helping a woman out...... lol

Yeah... I went there....

I'm pretty sure that if she meant for the dress to be saved for their daughter, she would have made sure it was safe and secure... she wouldn't have told him to "Do what he wants with it..." I think the ex is just mad that now her little off the cuff statement of doing what he wants with the dress is getting the guy some attention and she's jealous...

I'm pretty sure that if she meant for the dress to be saved for their daughter, she would have made sure it was safe and secure... she wouldn't have told him to "Do what he wants with it..." I think the ex is just mad that now her little off the cuff statement of doing what he wants with the dress is getting the guy some attention and she's jealous...

ITA and I can't imagine why the daughter would want to wear the wedding dress from the marriage gone bad anyway. I sure wouldn't. Not to mention it is rather outdated already and who knows what the style will be when the 9 yr old gets married (if she does). I also doubt the kids care. It's all about Momma being mad that her off the cuff remark didn't break him. What a vicious women.

I think Always feminine products are looking for new and unique ways of helping a woman out...... lol

Yeah... I went there....

I don't know about Always but there are 'green' products that are reusable. There is a movement to go back to 'rags'! I think they mostly use cotton though.

http://shop.moonpads.com.au/

He could have a car wash and use the dress to wash the cars. I like the TP idea but someone already mentioned that one.

I think the mom is coaxing the kids to ask dad to stop it. She wants to make him look bad.

That's a great suggestion for the 101st one!

:clap:

Steely I almost didn't post that. I have tried my hardest to get past that mean streak I was well known for in my younger years. lol but seriously.

I said it because it is something I would have done myself years ago before I learned to let go.

Back when I was a kid, a man did me wrong. I always told everyone that I would visit his grave and pee on it whenever the lord answered my prayers and took him home.

I quit praying that the man would go to heaven right away, and I quit contemplating getting to weewee on his grave because to be honest I'm too old to have my puddin' booty hanging out trying to do that.

But I haven't quite let go of the wish that when I die, if he's still alive, that my Mom have me cremated and bake that son of a gun a fine batch of cookies with a healthy helping of Kathy thrown in.

I told you I am still working on that mean streak! (PS, my Mom said she would do it LOL).

I don't know about Always but there are 'green' products that are reusable. There is a movement to go back to 'rags'! I think they mostly use cotton though.

http://shop.moonpads.com.au/

EWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! :puke:

Who the hades would want those in your laundry basket!!!!

Steely I almost didn't post that. I have tried my hardest to get past that mean streak I was well known for in my younger years. lol but seriously.

I said it because it is something I would have done myself years ago before I learned to let go.

Back when I was a kid, a man did me wrong. I always told everyone that I would visit his grave and pee on it whenever the lord answered my prayers and took him home.

I quit praying that the man would go to heaven right away, and I quit contemplating getting to weewee on his grave because to be honest I'm too old to have my puddin' booty hanging out trying to do that.

But I haven't quite let go of the wish that when I die, if he's still alive, that my Mom have me cremated and bake that son of a gun a fine batch of cookies with a healthy helping of Kathy thrown in.

I told you I am still working on that mean streak! (PS, my Mom said she would do it LOL).

Why? It seems you have it well under control! :crazy:

BTW, I hope to God you're nobody I've ever dated!

Heck, some green movement folks use washclothes for TP!! They keep a bucket in the bathroom to put the used ones in. Oh, and the whole family uses the same one.. until it "needs" to be changed. They call it the "family cloth".

They bring family closeness to a whole new level.

:spit: I was thisclose to actually doing that. :laugh:

IMO, the mother is pressuring the kids to tell their father to stop. When they're older they'll probably think it's funny too. It's a shame she's involving them in this. :loser:

Obviously, if she intended to keep it for her daughters she would have taken it with her. She's just embarrassed now and trying to make him look bad. JMO

To bad so sad for her! She told him to do whatever he wanted with it right? Well!:crazy:

To bad so sad for her! She told him to do whatever he wanted with it right? Well!:crazy:

That's right and if this actually true then the ex wife is trying to cover her tracks by making her ex look bad. She wants people to think he is a jerk for taking her wedding dress, the dress she wanted to save for their daughter, and destroying it.

She will not take any responsibility for what she said. Because he was able to get her with her own words then she has to turn around and try to make him look bad by stating a lie.

Makes my head spin

VB

Meant for their daughter? CYA or CMA comment imo. Cover my Dupa in other words.
IF it was of such importance she would have not left it behind.

One mans trash is the others treasure.
She made a point of letting the ex know- to her the dress was trash.
Glad he is able to make a treasure of it and turn such a painful event in his life around in a positive and humorous way.

JMO

I'm seeing this in a different way, but I gotta confess first that I almost peed in my pants laughing when Dan said he sure hoped she wasn't someone he dated, lol.

The man/husband is showing what a jerk he is and how little he valued his wife, maybe if he had worked on the marriage like he is working off his anger on that dress she would still be with him. You gotta remember, she is the mother of his child/children and as such still deserves respect. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back