FL - Someone is decapitating sea turtles on Cocoa Beach.

greenbean

Reaction score
Because, you know, mounted sea turtle heads are all the rage right now in home fashion. You hang them above your elephant skin sofa.

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. --

Police said they want to know why someone has cut the heads off sea turtles on Cocoa Beach.
It's not the only trouble for turtles this nesting season, and sea turtle advocates had a warning and a plea Wednesday night.
Officials said their best theory is that it's some sort of trophy or souvenir that's selling online.

http://www.wesh.com/news/24178196/detail.html

Damn you, internet. Aren't people pigs?

Because, you know, mounted sea turtle heads are all the rage right now in home fashion. You hang them above your elephant skin sofa.

Damn you, internet. Aren't people pigs?

Some are, apparently. Certainly, they never fail to amaze me.

I cannot see (hope to God I never can) how anyone could be so cruel to another living creature. I stopped the other day to help a huge turtle get across the road we were both travelling and found out that he could move faster than I can. Hilarious. Actually, I didn't realize I could move that fast!

THIS disturbs me as well!

Two people said they witnessed the act.

"The guy was sawing the head off," said Brandon Smith, of the Sea Turtle Preservation Society.

Ummm, me personally, I couldn't watch that happening and not confront the b@ast*rd!
Or, at the very least, whip out my phone and snap a picture of the !

Ummm, me personally, I couldn't watch that happening and not confront the b@ast*rd!

BBM
Really good point.

I hope they increase pm beach patrols. This is disgusting.

Very disturbing. I live on Merritt Island, and visit Cocoa Beach often. It would be interesting to know if Brandon Smith, of the Sea Turtle Preservation Society was one of the two witnesses, and if so, why didn't he get more info for LE?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back