GUILTY FL - Megan Phillippi for using baby to rob neighbors, Sanford, 2010

greenbean

Reaction score
Megan Phillippi, 20, told WESH 2 she's innocent.
"I didn't do it," she said.
Sanford police said Phillippi would knock on a door and act like she and her baby were overcome by the heat.
Once inside the unsuspecting person's home, investigators said she would ask to use the bathroom, leaving her baby with the homeowner. Instead, she would head to the bedroom and steal their jewelry.
Police said the homeowner wouldn't know what happened until Phillippi had left.
http://www.wesh.com/news/24179749/detail.html

Wow. She's classy. Reminds me of the "recording of crying baby" trick. People would record a baby on a hand held tape player and plant it, running, outside someone's house. When the resident would go investigate they would be ambushed by someone probably a lot like this winner here.

That is so shocking to me. how does anyone come up with this? I feel like it's pure evil to take advantage of kindness in such a way.

not to mention this could bite her in the butt in a major way - she would have NO way of knowing that she or the baby was safe once in a random person's house!

Are you flipping kidding me??? Unreal!

Is the baby even hers? Does she not care that she is putting that child in harms way?

about no. 5 on the list for mother of the year 2010

I once managed a name-brand dollar store...
There was a girl that would come in every day and talk to me about basic bs...especially she would come in after I told her we were not hiring and asked me to fill out her welfare form...once ok, but yeah she came over and over and over...and she was not shy about stating her welfare status and how she didn't really want to work etc...
One day she was out on the sidewalk and an elderly lady came in and bought a pack of diapers and then pointed out that they were for the "poor girl outside..." Lo and behold who do you think it was? Yeah.
But what could I say? Yeah I guess I could have said something at that point but as a manager I felt I couldn't....I had my own job to look after to support MY kids.
UNTIL...yeah u guessed it, not even 10 mins after the lady left the girl brought in the pack of diapers PLUS the reciept the poor lady had given her...and as she had a reciept I had NO choice but to give her the money back...none whatsoever.
The poor lady had paid by check though, so whether it was ok or not by company standards I took her check, called her number, and told her basically she might NEVER wanna fall for that trick again. I never heard back from her but I hope no one else took her kindness to their advantage.
Hey I have seen days when I had $10-20 left over out of a TWO WEEK CHECK after paying for my kids daycare...I still never scammed anyone though.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...a-20101203_1_jewelry-thefts-baby-state-prison

Megan Phillippi: Mom with 'hot baby' pleads guilty to jewelry thefts

The 21-year-old jewel thief and mother who convinced two neighbors to let her into their homes on a hot July day, saying her car had broken down and her baby was hot, pleaded guilty to stealing from them and has been sentenced to five years in prison.

snipped
In a letter to the judge, her mother wrote that Phillippi is addicted to oxycodone and needs drug therapy.

Circuit Judge O.H. Eaton Jr. recommended that Phillippi serve her time in a state prison that offers drug treatment.

Phillippi's mother is raising the defendant's 20-month-old daughter

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back