GUILTY SC - Rodricus Williams, 2, Charleston, 6 July 2010

Thank you! I just saw this. Had a late night trip to Savannah. This does not look good at all.:banghead:

I hope this dad just has him hidden and has not harmed him. He has had custody of the boy for the past several months - so maybe, just maybe the child is safe.

Salem

Here is a timeline of the search for missing 2-year-old Rodricus Fred Williams:

Tuesday, July 6, 2010
7:35 p.m. - Police a receive a report that a boy had fallen over the Battery wall.

9:16 p.m. - Charleston County Volunteer Rescue alerts media that a search is underway.

9:20 p.m. - Charleston County Volunteer Rescue provides details that a 2-year-old has fallen over the wall at the Battery.

11 p.m. - A description of the missing boy is released. Authorities are no longer confident that the boy actually fell in the water. Search continues on land and in water.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010
12:14 a.m. - Charleston police release the boy's name and a photo.

12:50 a.m. - Water search suspended. Officials say it will resume at 6 a.m. The search on land continues.

4 a.m. - Police arrest Roger Williams, the father of the missing 2-year-old boy, at a hotel in Summerville.

7 a.m. - The Charleston Police Department calls off the search for the missing boy, stating that the he never fell in the water or was anywhere near the Battery. The call was made up.

http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=12766804

I hope this dad just has him hidden and has not harmed him. He has had custody of the boy for the past several months - so maybe, just maybe the child is safe.

Salem

:( Praying this is the case as well, Salem! What a glorious smile this little one has.

http://www2.counton2.com/cbd/news/l...e_release_details_in_arrest_of_father/153178/

The Summerville Police Department (SPD) arrested Roger Williams on bench warrants as Charleston Police continue the search for his two-year-old son Rodricus Williams. According to the report, SPD officers responded to the Economy Inn around 4 a.m. Wednesday. When they knocked on the door a woman answered, but Williams told the officer “I’m the one you are looking for”. The officer says Williams then turned around to be handcuffed.The officer also reported the room smelled like marijuana, and there were burnt cigarettes in the room.

The report also shows, Williams is wanted by Berkeley County, Dorchester County, and North Charleston.

Williams son is still missing, but officials called off a search of the Battery in Downtown Charleston early Wednesday morning after police learned the child was never at the Battery. The child’s parents are in the midst of a custody battle which resulted in a police report being filed in Berkeley County Monday. Chief Mullen said, the mother traveled from Columbia to Charleston to pick-up Rodricus at the Battery.

This doesn't sound good at all.

http://www2.counton2.com/cbd/news/l...e_release_details_in_arrest_of_father/153178/

The Summerville Police Department (SPD) arrested Roger Williams on bench warrants as Charleston Police continue the search for his two-year-old son Rodricus Williams. According to the report, SPD officers responded to the Economy Inn around 4 a.m. Wednesday. When they knocked on the door a woman answered, but Williams told the officer “I’m the one you are looking for”. The officer says Williams then turned around to be handcuffed.The officer also reported the room smelled like marijuana, and there were burnt cigarettes in the room.

The report also shows, Williams is wanted by Berkeley County, Dorchester County, and North Charleston.

Williams son is still missing, but officials called off a search of the Battery in Downtown Charleston early Wednesday morning after police learned the child was never at the Battery. The child’s parents are in the midst of a custody battle which resulted in a police report being filed in Berkeley County Monday. Chief Mullen said, the mother traveled from Columbia to Charleston to pick-up Rodricus at the Battery.

This doesn't sound good at all.

Nope. I have called a local LE friend to see if he is also wanted here.:p

how did this guy have custody if he had all these bench warrents for his arrest :(

"Mullen said the father has had custody of the child for the last two months. His mother drove from Columbia to Charleston Tuesday to take custody of the child from the father at The Battery, but the meeting never happened.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010/jul/07/search-called/

I hope he did not do anything to this child. The mother was supposed to pick him up yesterday - was the "fell into the water" report an attempt to explain why dad couldn't turn the child over to the mother? I wonder when someone other than the father saw him last??

"Mullen said the father has had custody of the child for the last two months. His mother drove from Columbia to Charleston Tuesday to take custody of the child from the father at The Battery, but the meeting never happened.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010/jul/07/search-called/

I hope he did not do anything to this child. The mother was supposed to pick him up yesterday - was the "fell into the water" report an attempt to explain why dad couldn't turn the child over to the mother? I wonder when someone other than the father saw him last??

Hmm good question.Very good, I do hope this is not a Shania type case.*sigh*

I pray this little guy is found quickly and safely.
I'm hoping he hid the child because he did not want to turn him over to the childs mother. Let's pray that is the case and he did not harm this child thinking he would lose custody and as a way to punish the childs mother.

I'm hoping that he really is hidden away someplace... but there's a tiny voice in the back of my mind screaming obscenities and telling me that I'm wrong... I pray that the tiny voice is wrong...

Almost 24 hours has passed since 2-year-old Rodricus Fred Williams was declared missing and authorities have arrested the boy's father. Sheriff's deputies in Berkeley County have scheduled a press conference to provide information in the ongoing investigation into Williams' disappearance. The press conference is tentatively scheduled for 5 p.m. (EDT)

http://www.live5news.com/Global/category.asp?C=128849&nav=menu1431_1

Sources: Missing boy's body found in Orangeburg County

Updated: Jul 07, 2010 10:49 AM

...Sources with knowledge of the investigation into the disappearance of a 2-year-old Charleston boy say the child's body was found in a trash can in a rural town off I-26...

Rest in Peace little one.

ETA: http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=12763964

Oh no!

I was so hoping he would be found alive.

RIP Rodricus.

Prayers for his mother, and the family that loved him.

for the 'genetic contributor' - I hope they throw the book at him! What kind of 'gc' does this to their child? :furious:

Play with the Angels & Rest in Peace Rodricus

What a shame...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth