GUILTY OR - Sahara Dwight, 5, raped & murdered, Roseburg, 9 July 2010

Missizzy

Reaction score
http://www.kcby.com/news/98112684.html

"ROSEBURG, Ore. -- Police are investigating the death of a 5-year-old girl Friday morning in Roseburg...."

and

"According to the Roseburg Police Department, just before 5 a.m., officers and EMTs responded to a call about a girl who wasn't conscious or breathing..."

and

"It's not normal for a 5-year-old to just pass away," Roseburg Police spokesperson Sgt. Aaron Dunbar said. "We're here for a reason." Dunbar called the death "suspicious."

more at link

Prayers for this little one. Roseburg, OR is being hit hard this week. First, there was the arrest of a well liked 2nd grade teacher, Steve Derlacki, for possession of child *advertiser censored* and now the death of a little one. It's a close knit town of about 20,000 in Central Oregon.

Five! Five years old. Poor baby.

Let's ee how this will pan out. Positive vibes and prayers for this sweet angel.

Oh, Filly, I'm so hopeful these two crimes aren't connected.

Lots of prayers.

oops thought that said 5 month old.

well im guessing beaten or suffocated.

no way its natural

I'm sure that LE knows already what they are dealing with but I wanted to take issue with a comment made by the one officer. He said that five year olds don't just pass away.

Most likely, foul play was involved with Sahara's passing but we do need to keep in mind that children of all ages can and do sadly, just pass away. It's not common but it happens. If the child has special medical needs, it can be due to all manner of problems. But even with seemingly healthy and active children, they can die in their sleep from a seizure or undetected heart problems. I know a child who died in his sleep from SUDEP and it was very shocking and tragic:

http://www.aboutkidshealth.ca/epile...ure.aspx?articleID=6946&categoryID=EP-nh1-02c

Once again, I'm sure this would have been dealt with differently had it been a natural death but wanted to make that comment.

The link I posted above, identifying the child, should be edited, IMO. I find it appalling that the reporter gave a full account of the child's father being told of his daughter's death. That is not responsible journalism IMO. No matter who's to blame, no matter the circumstances, reporters need to respect families at tragic times like this.

Hopefully, they'll edit this article later.

Oh no. A tragic death for a little girl and the parents have to live with the fact they allowed the killer into their home! It's such a sad world. Suffering everywhere and yet - compassion in so many.

ROSEBURG, Ore. - A 16-year-old boy faces rape and murder charges after a 5-year-old girl died early Friday morning at a Roseburg home.

Police arrested Dustin Michael Wallace, 16, on charges of Aggravated Murder, First Degree Rape, First Degree Sexual Abuse and First Degree Unlawful Sexual Penetration.

http://www.kcby.com/news/local/98127224.html

Oh my god. I live in Douglas County. Roseburg is the biggest town here. This is so sick. There are so many children around here that I fear for. Poor little girl. Rest in peace.

Fly little one. There's no pain, no sorrow. And I hear there's chocolate cake for breakfast.

I'll be off-line for a while.

(((hugs)))

Fly little one. There's no pain, no sorrow. And I hear there's chocolate cake for breakfast.

I'll be off-line for a while.

(((hugs)))

Hugs to you, MissIzzy, for all you have done and continue to do for the children.

I feel like I let everyone down. I couldn't sleuth today. I couldn't read the updates on Sahara. I spent the day emailing each of my adult children and asking them to observe a moment of silence for Sahara and to hold each of my grandchildren and tell them that they are loved. Because of my illness, I haven't seen any of my grandchildren in over a year even though they live within a mile of me. But, oh, how I love them. How I crave to feel their sweaty and sticky little hands and revel in their cuddles. I was there when each was born.....and when one passed on. I am usually very pragmatic and cool-headed. I have always been able to pick my way through chaos and come out the other end. But I stumbled this time.

A young teen, Dustin Wallace, killed a tiny girl this morning. He raped her and he killed her as her family slept nearby and that death is resonating through Southern Oregon. My brain will just not wrap itself around this act.

I have spent over 35 years of my life fighting for the rights of children; in courtrooms, state capitals, and Washington--through speeches, articles and trainings. But this little girls' right to live came down to the simple fact that Dustin was bigger than her and stole her innocence and then the little beat of her heart to satisfy his lust. God help him as I can't feel my usual easily forthcoming mercy this evening.

I'm going to post a link to the update about Dustin, with a mugshot. I just feel numb. My heart aches for Sahara's family and her community. I lived in Petaluma when Polly was stolen and Petaluma has never totally healed. If you mention her name, everyone sighs and turns away. And it's been 17 years. People don't get over the loss of a child. Each child is our child. Each child is our gift. This one precious gift is gone.

Please hold your children close tonight.

I feel like I let everyone down. I couldn't sleuth today. I couldn't read the updates on Sahara. I spent the day emailing each of my adult children and asking them to observe a moment of silence for Sahara and to hold each of my grandchildren and tell them that they are loved. Because of my illness, I haven't seen any of my grandchildren in over a year even though they live within a mile of me. But, oh, how I love them. How I crave to feel their sweaty and sticky little hands and revel in their cuddles. I was there when each was born.....and when one passed on. I am usually very pragmatic and cool-headed. I have always been able to pick my way through chaos and come out the other end. But I stumbled this time.

A young teen, Dustin Wallace, killed a tiny girl this morning. He raped her and he killed her as her family slept nearby and that death is resonating through Southern Oregon. My brain will just not wrap itself around this act.

I have spent over 35 years of my life fighting for the rights of children; in courtrooms, state capitals, and Washington--through speeches, articles and trainings. But this little girls' right to live came down to the simple fact that Dustin was bigger than her and stole her innocence and then the little beat of her heart to satisfy his lust. God help him as I can't feel my usual easily forthcoming mercy this evening.

I'm going to post a link to the update about Dustin, with a mugshot. I just feel numb. My heart aches for Sahara's family and her community. I lived in Petaluma when Polly was stolen and Petaluma has never totally healed. If you mention her name, everyone sighs and turns away. And it's been 17 years. People don't get over the loss of a child. Each child is our child. Each child is our gift. This one precious gift is gone.

Please hold your children close tonight.

Thank You for all you do. I will be saying an extra prayer for you before bed. Walk away from this for a bit and try and recover.Thinking of you.

The mind and heart reel at this horror. There are no words sufficient to express it or explain it.

The second chapter the community must now endure is the legal process. Expect this defendant to be surrounded by several crafty lawyers, who will try to blame this heinous act on one or more of the following:

rock music
video games
childhood "trauma"
parental neglect
(choose additional option...)

I'm guessing it will be several years before we see the final disposition of this case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back