Skyline Ridge Neighbors

Calliope

Former Member
Reaction score
http://srnpdx.org/skyline-ridge-neighbors

"Skyline Ridge Neighbors is the nonprofit, all-volunteer neighborhood association that serves rural northwestern Multnomah County, Oregon. Our neighborhood encompasses approximately 17,000 acres and 700 households. Through a variety of educational programs and events, we strive to keep residents informed and involved for the betterment of our community."

This site has quite a bit of interesting information about the Skyline area, including some detailed histories of many of the places we're reading about in this case. There is also a section devoted to kyron. There they have some articles written by locals helping in the search efforts, coordinating media, etc.

--------

Pat stuffed four 20 dollar bills in my hand and we called the Fred Meyer on Cornelius Pass. “Can y’all find 50 baguettes for us?”

“Sure, just give me 30 minutes.”

“Really? OK !” So we set off with our list and found a full basket of 50 more baguettes in the bakery.

At the store, I paid for my own small pile of groceries and inquired of the checker, “So, Ben, can you make me a deal about these loaves of bread?” I briefly explained what we were about.

“Oh no, but maybe if you talk to Paul. He’s the one in the red vest.”

I addressed Paul: “Can you and I make a deal about these loaves of bread?”
“Oh no, you need to talk to Gordon.” Gordon had just walked up.

I stuck out my hand. “Hello Gordon.” I introduced myself and explained, “These baguettes are destined to become 200 MORE sandwiches for the searchers up at Skyline School. May I make a deal with you about this $84.50 ticket?”

At this point he looked me right in the eye, palmed that ticket, stuffed it in his pocket and said, “Go make more sandwiches; we’ll take care of this part.”

IMO the link on the Skyline Ridge Neighbors that was posted by Calliope (Thank you!) is really worth looking at, especially the 2 first hand reports linked there. They give a different angle to what those who are not family but are closet to the search are seeing and feeling. Please excuse spelling, but I am new and cam't seem to get spell check working.

IMO the link on the Skyline Ridge Neighbors that was posted by Calliope (Thank you!) is really worth looking at, especially the 2 first hand reports linked there. They give a different angle to what those who are not family but are closet to the search are seeing and feeling. Please excuse spelling, but I am new and cam't seem to get spell check working.

Welcome!

I agree. The first hand accounts, not only in the section for Kyron, but throughout the site are very interesting and help me get a feel for the area and its history.

Thank you...that was a wonderful item to read.

bumping this reference thread to the front of the reference forum to make it easier to find among the Today's News threads

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back