After the trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

butterfly1978

Reaction score
If Casey is found guilty of murdering Caylee and sentenced to death or life with out parole, how are you going to feel?
or
What if she is found not guilty, stranger things have happened look at OJ Simpson.
I was thinking about this the other day and as much as I despise Casey, I honestly think no matter what the verdict is I am going to be saddened and just plain sick. No matter what the verdict is, it will never be justice. If she is sentenced to death, Caylee will still be gone, Casey will be facing the needle, George and Cindy will lose their daughter Lee will lose his sister, when in reality they already have but you get the point.
If she gets LWOP all the above still apply yet it will be at the tax payers expense.
If she is found not guilty, Caylee will still be gone, Casey will never find a job, constantly be facing threats, George, Cindy and Lee will forever have a broken family.
Is there really justice in this case or any case for that matter?

Were you around after SP's verdict and sentencing? We were all so invested (if I may speak for others) in the content of Laci's murder and the baby's murder that it was a total let-down. There was no rallying point, no speculation issues left for passionate discussion. Of course, some people continued to argue for innocence, but the heart was gone out of us because nothing corrected the horrible wrong done to a beautiful young woman and her baby.

I think we are going to feel the same way. Revenge doesn't feel very victorious because it never rights the wrong. All this, JMHO.

Great point brought here, because I have been thinking about the same thing...how we are going to feel as this sad entry into humanity is concluded. Trash to trash, and the wrong remains. :(

If Casey is found guilty of murdering Caylee and sentenced to death or life with out parole, how are you going to feel?
or
What if she is found not guilty, stranger things have happened look at OJ Simpson.
I was thinking about this the other day and as much as I despise Casey, I honestly think no matter what the verdict is I am going to be saddened and just plain sick. No matter what the verdict is, it will never be justice. If she is sentenced to death, Caylee will still be gone, Casey will be facing the needle, George and Cindy will lose their daughter Lee will lose his sister, when in reality they already have but you get the point.
If she gets LWOP all the above still apply yet it will be at the tax payers expense.
If she is found not guilty, Caylee will still be gone, Casey will never find a job, constantly be facing threats, George, Cindy and Lee will forever have a broken family.

Butterfly. When I followed the Laci Peterson case (the first I really followed in depth), I so wanted Scott P to be convicted for killing his wife and unborn son. He was and was given the death penalty. But Laci and Connor were still gone and Laci's family was still bereft and would never be whole again.

There is satisfaction in knowing that these people are held accountable for their crimes. That their lives are forfit for the lives they took and that they can not hurt anyone else.

But the sadness still remains and the loved ones are still gone. To me there seems to be no winners in these cases, just a grim satisfaction in knowing that justice was done for the victims.

or

Well, we can't turn the clocks back, but a guilty verdict will please me no end. That is the best justice we can come up with at present.
The alternative does not bear thinking about....
I don't care what CA and GA are going through. They are alive with years to look forward to, that is more than Caylee will have. They have disgraced themselves in so many ways since this case started, but the worst is the way in which they have completely disregarded Caylee's life.

If she is found guilty I will be happy that justice served...don't care if she gets LWOP or Death....(Caylee didn't get the choice)--I don't have sympathy for her---I just can't understand how anyone can do that to a child -- let alone their own. There are so many options that are out there--If she didn't want Cindy--adopt outside of the family---tired of people getting away with murder---

In a way I encourage myself in this particular case with the fact that Caylee was found. Prior to finding Caylee that is what drove me crazy. WHERE was she? I believed she was no longer alive, and it made me so angry thet her mother had carried her body for days in the back of that Pontiac. Casey KNEW where her baby was and just kept silent, while thousands of people scoured cell pings, walked around swamps, TES spent thousands of dollars, tears, sweat, and blood shed and on and on.

At this point, I console myself that she is in the arms of Jesus, her body has been found, Casey is in jail where she can't hurt anyone else, and is waiting for trial.

Just as Caylee was found, I have to believe that God will take care of justice in His time. Casey will never go free from this crime. You reap what you sow. Just look at Joran. He ran but he could not hide. Casey must realize that her time is dwindling and she will have to finally be held accountable.

I think that in this case what the public wants to know is the truth about those 31 days. Where was Casey? Why did Caylee have to die? What was the motive? Cause of death? The reason for the tape? How did Casey get money? The BAD pictures....
There are many things we will never know and those will be the things that haunt us. Rarely in trials is the truth really found out. The defense twists the facts and the prosecution can only guess at some of these mysteries. Casey holds the key and I don't think she will ever tell ALL she knows.

We who know the most about this case will be left feeling cheated, even if she is convicted. Many of those unanswered questions will haunt us long after Casey has turned grey in her prison cell.

or

I will feel relief and satisfaction. Of course Caylee will still be gone, but I feel it's important that no MORE injustices occur. To me, it's like at the very least we have to make sure Casey is convicted. I will hope and pray that the SA then prosecutes Cindy at the very least for her horrendous criminal activity during this whole mess. Other than that, the fraud foundationfor Caylee will hopefully be curtailed and there will be some sort of prohibition on the Anthonys from making money off of Caylee.

I will also be relieved that this is over with forever. I'm getting worn out on this 3 year ordeal.

My thoughts are many. Number one is that justice will be served for Caylee. A child was murdered and savagely thrown away in the woods. Her mother did not say a word for 31 days to a soul about the baby's condition.

Right up there with Justice being done though, is the eye-opening reality of our Courts and the twisted means money and greed and the limelight shed on "Innocent until proven guilty." Our courts are a disaster, and this case has opened my eyes to what our world has become. I now follow many cases, however Caylee's story has captured my heart. If, Casey gets away with murder, I'm not so sure of our system anymore. It's all about the greenbacks, baby.

I had a long post but decided to stick to the KISS principle and just keep it simple so....

Justice is served when those guilty of a crime are punished for that crime.

To me it is that simple, nothing more and nothing less. What the perps family might feel is not important nor is what the victims family might feel. The seeking of justice is for the victim and the perp, not their families.

You break the law, any law, and there are prescribed punishments. You run a red light, you get a ticket. You kill someone intentionally and with malice, you get LWOP or death based on the criteria set forth to support the death penalty.

Justice is not revenge even though I hear that a lot. Justice is the application of our laws and the punishment of those who break them. Justice is played out in the courts, revenge is taking matters into your own hands.

No matter how her family feels or how Caylee might have felt, or how we feel, if it can be proven in court that Casey is guilty of this crime and the jury finds her so and she receives the prescribed punishment for the crime, then Justice will have been served for the death of Caylee Marie Anthony.

After the trial, I hope obstruction charges are filed against Cindy and George. IMO

Interesting topic.

I have thought about it so much. I keep holding my breath waiting for Casey to either get LWOP or the DP, but because this case has turned into such a circus, I am fearful that something weird might interfere with true justice here.

I also don't think I will be able to put it behind me until all of Casey's appeals are used up and we know she won't get to show us that smirk again!

Now that I think about it, I wonder if I am more concerned about the outcome of this case than ICA......Hmmm.

I have never followed a case like this before. This one grabbed me by the throat and would not let go for many reasons. First, I live in Orlando, very near many locations that came up early on. Secondly, I have a beautiful daughter who's name is Caylee (spelled differently) and I could not imagine ever harming a single little hair on her head, or her younger sister's. ( The thought has been in my mind alot lately though, because both are in their teens and are driving me crazy..kidding!)
I came from a very dysfunctional family, and always promised myself that I would never in a million years treat a child as I was, and that they would know, by my actions, words and example how much they were loved and wanted. My husband and I have done our best to fulfill that promise. One day, I will be able to face God and feel that while not perfect, I took extremely good care of the children He lent me.
How will I feel when this is all over? Very sad, because a beautiful child was ruthlessly murdered, and tossed away like garbage. What would she have been when she grew up? Doctor, lawyer, Indian Chief? Actress, painter, scientist? We will never know. Such a profound waste of untold possibility.
This case has made me very disconcerted about our legal system. I would expect that all people are treated as innocent until proven guilty, and given a rigorous defense. However, what we have seen in this case is the opposite. I boggles my mind the way these people have lied, changed stories, not answered questions, wasted valuable police and court time, and for what? To sell a book? To promote your center at a University? To be a guest on Geraldo?
Where is the innocent victim in all of this? This little child? Safe in Heaven, I believe, and maybe she is also here: in words on these many threads, and in the hearts of those who have followed her story "from day one". I don't believe anyone here will ever forget her.
I wish I was as articulate as others here, and I hope I have been able to convey my thoughts well enough.

I have never followed a case like this before. This one grabbed me by the throat and would not let go for many reasons. First, I live in Orlando, very near many locations that came up early on. Secondly, I have a beautiful daughter who's name is Caylee (spelled differently) and I could not imagine ever harming a single little hair on her head, or her younger sister's. ( The thought has been in my mind alot lately though, because both are in their teens and are driving me crazy..kidding!)
I came from a very dysfunctional family, and always promised myself that I would never in a million years treat a child as I was, and that they would know, by my actions, words and example how much they were loved and wanted. My husband and I have done our best to fulfill that promise. One day, I will be able to face God and feel that while not perfect, I took extremely good care of the children He lent me.
How will I feel when this is all over? Very sad, because a beautiful child was ruthlessly murdered, and tossed away like garbage. What would she have been when she grew up? Doctor, lawyer, Indian Chief? Actress, painter, scientist? We will never know. Such a profound waste of untold possibility.
This case has made me very disconcerted about our legal system. I would expect that all people are treated as innocent until proven guilty, and given a rigorous defense. However, what we have seen in this case is the opposite. I boggles my mind the way these people have lied, changed stories, not answered questions, wasted valuable police and court time, and for what? To sell a book? To promote your center at a University? To be a guest on Geraldo?
Where is the innocent victim in all of this? This little child? Safe in Heaven, I believe, and maybe she is also here: in words on these many threads, and in the hearts of those who have followed her story "from day one". I don't believe anyone here will ever forget her.
I wish I was as articulate as others here, and I hope I have been able to convey my thoughts well enough.

Just wanted you to know that I agree completely with everything you said.
Thank you.

Excellent post, diz, you did a great job of getting your thoughts across. :dance:

Beautifully stated - thank you!

No, it wont bring Caylee back, but I want justice in this case. Anyone who harms a child deserves to die. I will feel satisfied if she gets the DP. I'm not sure how I'd feel if she gets LWOP. It disturbs me that someone can horrifically kill a child, and continue to live, eat, and breathe. They don't deserve that right.

It doesn't matter what the outcome is, there will not be justice for Caylee.
Nothing can replace an innocent child's life.

The only thing that makes sense is for Casey Anthony also to lose her life.

Even if the ultimate punishment is decided, it won't make anyone feel better about what happened to Caylee.

But it will make some feel better about what will happen to Casey.

I remember the horrible feeling of disgust, embarassment, and defeat after the OJ and Phil Spector acquittals. I imagine I will feel similar if KC is acquitted. If KC is convicted, similar to SP's case, satisfaction that what little justice we can dish out - will be. As I type this Scott Peterson remains very much alive and well in prison.....so only so much justice exists for Lacy and Connor, and like Caylee, nothing will bring them back. LWOP or death, doesn't bring back Caylee, but a guilty verdict would be a good step in the right direction for this bunch. I think I will go through withdrawals over this case. The checking in to see what's new, the doc dumps, the talking head shows.....no doubt some other heinous case will come to the forefront to fill the vaccuum this case leaves behind. There are no shortage of these cases sadly. But this case is unique in its bizarre players. No novel could make up these characters. I would have found such a book unbelievable. Truth is definately stranger than fiction....I also think we've not heard the last of the A family even if there is a conviction. We'll NEVER hear the end of it if she is acquitted though. Never. I now equate this case with the BP oil disaster. There is no good outcome, its too late for that. But at least we can put the lid on the da#$ thing and stop the crap from coming out! I have no idea how this case will end, I have no faith left in the jury system. I think the Sunshine Laws in Florida have been detrimental to this case on both sides. I hope after this case changes are made. I really hope to never go through another case like this, but boy what a ride this case has been! It's not over yet, great thread.

Caylee's case is not the first case I have become emotionally invested with. Precious Doe's case started my almost obsessive interest in murdered children cases where the mother or father are responsible.

I know I won't find any real satisfaction when Casey is convicted. I will be relieved that she is held responsible for the death of Caylee, but, like others have said, it will never bring Caylee back. Caylee should be entering kindergarden this year (or maybe next year based on her birthday?). She should have already learned to write out her name and been able to draw her own hearts around it.

I understand that we are not her family and never had a chance to meet Caylee, but when Casey took Caylee from this world, she took a piece of all of our futures away. Who knows what Caylee would have become? Who knows what lives she could have saved? What diseases she could have cured? What inventions she could have made? She could have been anything. She was obviously a very loving and concerned child. She clearly was able to observe those around her and see that her "Pop-Pop was tired" and she didn't want "Na'na's sunshine taken away." She was wise beyond her years and IMO it makes me sad that she was so aware of the things going on around her. It must have been awful for her.

Casey being convicted of killing Caylee will only guarantee us one thing and that is Casey will never have the opportunity to kill again... which I believe she is 100% capable of.

Unfortunately, when this trial is over... it's only a matter of time before we have another Precious Doe and another Caylee Marie... Makes me sick.

or
Great thread, Butterfly. As I was reading through today's news I couldn't help but think just what you presented...what if Casey is found not guilty? I don't think I could ever be prepared for that. The mere thought of the defense touching the ground where Caylee lay sends shivers down my spine...and angers me beyond belief. It's as if they're desecrating her burial site. I realize I'm reacting emotionally and fully understand they are mounting a defense, but the fact that this mother never took responsibility for her child in life...and now refuses to accept the responsibility of her death...hurts me to my core. There is no defense for murdering one's own child. None...zippo...nada!
JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member