WA WA - Tyler Inman, 3, Aberdeen, 21 Dec 1982

southern_scout

Reaction score
NCMEC also says he was last seen in bed: http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

inman_tyler.jpg

Tyler's name came up when we were looking at another case. It seems there was a string of 2-3 year olds missing in the Northwest in the early 80s, particularly Idaho, Washington, and Montana. Not saying they are all related, but I think it's possible. It was discussed on Jason Cannon's thread here: ID ID - Jason Cannon, 2, Boise, 1983 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Newspaper report (archived google news)

24 DEC 1982

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAAAIBAJ&pg=6757,8481086&dq=tyler-inman&hl=en

That article tells us that Tyler had been left in the apartment alone by his Mother's Boyfriend.

17 MAY 1984

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...DAAAAIBAJ&pg=3950,669126&dq=tyler-inman&hl=en

It says in the article above that Tyler's Mother left her two children in the care of her boyfriend. That there had been a babysitter earlier in the evening but Boyfriend relieved the babysitter at 8 PM.

The first article tells us that the boyfriend "reportedly" left Tyler unattended (does not mention second child) and went to retrieve a boat from the nearby Chehalis River during a violent wind and rain storm.

Hm, more things that make me wonder. In the Charley account, it says he "ran out of the house". To know that he ran out of the house, it seems that someone must have seen him do so. Thanks for those articles.

Hm, more things that make me wonder. In the Charley account, it says he "ran out of the house". To know that he ran out of the house, it seems that someone must have seen him do so. Thanks for those articles.

Possibly. It is also possible that that was what was in the police report many years ago and was either related by BF (explaining how it came to be that when the BF returned home - or it may have been the Mother that returned home first and found one child there and Tyler gone, why Tyler was not in the residence).

I'm not sure that I would attribute it to an eye witness as of yet because IMHO if an eye witness saw him run out of the house they would have followed him and collected him. I don't imagine Tyler could have gotten far in a violent wind and rain storm, or far enough to outrun an eyewitness at the age of 2.

It is unknown if the second child reportedly there was older or younger than Tyler.

JMHO.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/157dmwa.html

Here says they believe someone broke into the house and abducted Tyler from his bedroom. Wonder if he actually ran from the home, or was seen running from the home and the person who was trying to abduct him. Or did someone break into the house and actually take him.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Tyler Jennings Inman – The Charley Project

Tyler Jennings Inman
  • tyler_jennings_inman_1.jpg
  • tyler_jennings_inman_2.jpg
Tyler, circa 1982; Age-progression to age 34 (circa 2013)

• Missing Since12/21/1982
  • Missing FromAberdeen, Washington
  • ClassificationNon-Family Abduction
  • Date of Birth05/27/1979 (39)
  • Age3 years old
  • Height and Weight2'8, 32 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA short-sleeved shirt, blue jeans and no shoes.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Tyler had warts on his right foot at the time of his 1982 disappearance. He has extra skin on his right ear and his left ear has an acquired deformity known as "cauliflower ear."
Details of Disappearance
Tyler was last seen in his family's second-floor apartment in the 1300 block of east Madison Street in Aberdeen, Washington on the evening of December 21, 1982. His mother's boyfriend was babysitting Tyler and his five-year-old sister, and the boyfriend left the apartment for about twenty minutes to pull a boat out of the nearby Wishkah River.

During this time period, Tyler apparently ran out of the apartment and ever returned. His mother realized he was missing when she came home at 10:20 p.m.

There was a severe storm in the area at the time, with winds of up to seventy miles per hour, and two people were killed. Authorities initially believed Tyler fell into the river, but his body was never found. His case is now classified as a non-family abduction.

I have several questions. How old was the mother's boyfriend? I imagine that he would be younger than her because I think she was 25 years old...why did the boyfriend go looking for a boat and leave the child unattended? If the storms warn them before, why didn't he do it before? Was it necessary for the mother to go to bingo knowing that there would be a storm? Could it be that among all the commotion of the storm someone took advantage and stole the child?
rest in peace little one

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back