Virginia ended last budget with $220 million surplus

Thank you, LookingUp, for some good news--even if it isn't my state. :)

Hate to whine, but VA is in desperate need of some services (i.e. severe shortage of mental health professionals in certain places). They cut things left and right...and now they say it's a surplus? I can't see how....when things they cut to get this "surplus" have adversely affected almost all of VA citizens. =(

Hate to whine, but VA is in desperate need of some services (i.e. severe shortage of mental health professionals in certain places). They cut things left and right...and now they say it's a surplus? I can't see how....when things they cut to get this "surplus" have adversely affected almost all of VA citizens. =(

Oh, gosh ... I hear ya! The school system especially has suffered from cuts. Teachers let go, programs eliminated, etc. Even closures. Guess now that there are funds to go around ... this "so called" surplus will create "so called" new jobs that didn't needed to be cut to begin with. Frustrating, eh?

Oh, gosh ... I hear ya! The school system especially has suffered from cuts. Teachers let go, programs eliminated, etc. Even closures. Guess now that there are funds to go around ... this "so called" surplus will create "so called" new jobs that didn't needed to be cut to begin with. Frustrating, eh?

I live in virginia. Our school district is full of excessive spending. New flat screens in every class. One school bought new bikes for every kid who had perfect attendance. The 220 million is most likey because every day the school was closed due to snow storms we saved that much money.

I live in virginia. Our school district is full of excessive spending. New flat screens in every class. One school bought new bikes for every kid who had perfect attendance. The 220 million is most likey because every day the school was closed due to snow storms we saved that much money.

Well, with as much snow as we had, I know we spent millions clearing roads and trees...repairing roads, etc. I think the schools being closed would be minimal...teachers still got paid...it would really just be the operating costs and buses. I dunno. Just sad to hear they're touting a surplus when there really isn't....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back