Chupacabra's Shot In Texas? They're Awaiting DNA Results.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Link

This is a link to a video so I can't provide any text.

It will be interesting to see the results of the DNA.

Link

This is a link to a video so I can't provide any text.

It will be interesting to see the results of the DNA.

Poor thing. It looks like a dog with the worst case of the mange I've ever seen. It wasn't vicious and it wasn't trying to attack anyone...so why did they shoot it?

Poor thing. It looks like a dog with the worst case of the mange I've ever seen. It wasn't vicious and it wasn't trying to attack anyone...so why did they shoot it?

I thought the animal control officer said it came running at him. I'll have to listen to it again.

I'm just heartbroken they shot this poor dog. I would have bought em a sweater and some meds for his skin issues....a nice bath, some nice skin lotion maybe...a collar...found him a name and let him move in!

It's a Mexican Hairless. Rare breed, may also be known as a Colima Dog. This is first dog of the Americas.
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Hairless_Dog[/ame]

When we lived in TX for 10 years there were Chupacabra sightings from time to time.

My Husband's grandmother swears they are in Puerto Rico (she used to, she's too ill now to pay much attention).

Invariably they are usually coyote or a coyote/canine mix. Feral and quite sick. Parasites, mange...etc.

I haven't seen it reported to by anything other than a sick coyote or a sick coyote/canine mixture once the DNA is completed.

It still saddens me when an animal has to be killed like this though.

ETA: In the video it's reported that the animal did charge the officer, sounds like maybe rabies too? I like coyotes.

It'll be interesting to see what the DNA report comes back as, although I'd bet it's either one of those Mexican Hairless Dogs or a really really sick animal (like a coyote). Sad that they shot it, instead of helping it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back