07.14.2010 TJ Hart/Dominic Pape interview

So basically they are in the same place they were a year ago.... It will take a "little time" geez, I'm afraid they have nothing guys, I really do. I pray Haleigh doesnt become forgotten, and this become a cold case.

So basically they are in the same place they were a year ago.... It will take a "little time" geez, I'm afraid they have nothing guys, I really do. I pray Haleigh doesn't become forgotten, and this become a cold case.

They are in the same place that they were 17 months ago. They don't know any more than they did them is what he said in my way of thinking.

I do believe that this is a cold case anymore. I do believe that his statements say that in not so many words.

So basically they are in the same place they were a year ago.... It will take a "little time" geez, I'm afraid they have nothing guys, I really do. I pray Haleigh doesnt become forgotten, and this become a cold case.

Why does this not surprise me? When they jumped on Tommy's Shell Harbor story so quickly, I thought then, they had nothing. Then when we heard Hank, Sr., say that Peggy Cone visited them (April, May?) and told them they had proof that Misty wasn't home that night and they could prove the party happened, that told me they were still grasping.

So basically what i just heard was that LE is no closer to finding HaLeigh then they were the day she disappeared. pityful!

I understand getting through all the BS will take time, but these people have been locked up for sometime now, how much more BS can they come up with, especially since they are all separated in different county jails? Nothing from TN, GGS, no more videos from jail phone calls or visits. What is going on?

"When the timing is right" stood out to me. I'm suspicious now more than ever that these court appearances, sentencing dates, plea deals, etc. are being used as part of the equation to get the process of elimination in place. Can we get an accounting of whose on in front of a judge when and what for? I'm guessing but I think RC is on the schedule last and if I am correct, therein lies the reasoning once everyone else has been processed, he stands alone with nothing to bargain with?

The absence of videos of visits tells me they are making a real effort of taking the status of "celebrity" from the key people behind bars. Another method of isolation, I suppose. I just wish someone would tell the truth.

Transcript for those who can't listen:

TJ: whats FDLE got?
DP: we are still, It’s ongoing, it’s going to take a little bit of time but we are constantly looking at leads, we are working with the PCSO, ummm these kinds of cases take a lot longer than we want them to. We had hoped that when we went into this investigation with PCS that we would have resolved it by now. Everyday as time goes by it makes it a little tougher but I can tell you that my office and the PCSO have not stopped looking at this case and we will look at it until we get it resolved.
TJ: How close is resolution?
DP: uh, I don’t want to speculate, it could happen today or it could happen a year from now. Again a case of this type, it will take time, we will get it to where it needs to be when the timing is right.
TJ: I understand the reason why we need to keep things vague, one last question….did Hank “Tommy” Croslin give you guys any information that was useful in trying to find the young lady ….sans the body….
DP: well I am not gonna respond to that question the sheriff had put out some things, some press releases and I will stand by those press releases.
TJ: thank you very much.

I am not discouraged by this interview at all, in fact I am encouraged. I did not hear that they were back at square one or that they have come no further than they were over a year ago.

Those two statements could very well be true though because it is my opinion Law Enforcement had developed a theory about what happened to Haleigh Cummings soon after she disappeared. Problem is, they have no body, and very little hard evidence to make their arrest. Plenty of circumstantial evidence, very little evidence the State's attorney will take to trial. I have believed this from about May of last year and I still believe it today. LE is being very patient in my opinion and I applaud their desire to bring justice for Haleigh......no matter how long that might take!

Why are there no leaks in this case. People always talk, always gossip. It sounds like LE has nothing, but that doesn't make any sense. Something is very fishy down there and that police force needs to be investigated.

I pray every day that they are getting closer to finding out what happened to Haleigh and seeing that justice is served. Thanks for the transcript, Elle.
The interview didn't really tell us much, IMO. But at least they're still investigating, and not shoving the files into the back of the file cabinet.

Why are there no leaks in this case. People always talk, always gossip. It sounds like LE has nothing, but that doesn't make any sense. Something is very fishy down there and that police force needs to be investigated.

Huh? LE should be investigated because no one in LE is leaking information??

'Scuse me, but they're not supposed to leak info about what they know! Only the ones directly involved in the investigation are supposed to make statements to the public. If some low level officer was going around leaking info they don't want the public to know, he/she wouldn't have a job for very long.

Dear God, I hope this interview is not a foreshadowing of what we will be hearing from Portland in a year, about Kyron...the two cases have far too many things in common for comfort.

Huh? LE should be investigated because no one in LE is leaking information??

'Scuse me, but they're not supposed to leak info about what they know! Only the ones directly involved in the investigation are supposed to make statements to the public. If some low level officer was going around leaking info they don't want the public to know, he/she wouldn't have a job for very long.

Respectfully replying to your above post. Of course I wasn't talking about LE. I was referring to all the the people that Ron worked with, his friends, Misty's friends, teachers, WMG's friends, NayNay et al. People talk, people gossip.

Thanks Elle for doing that transcript. I wish he would have defined "these types of cases". Is she a missing person, a homicide, or what? I know what they've said in the past, but nothing is leading us towards finding Haleigh. Have they changed their mind again, perhaps?

"these types of cases" -
could it be the types of cases where family or extended family kills a child and then the family misleads and misdirects and honors codes of silence and covers it up so as not to risk uncovering all the other various crimes and sins of the family in general?

IMO,
Haleigh's investigation slows again. Those with knowledge of Haleigh's disappearance are in prison on other charges. LE's applied every pressure to this group to get more information about Haleigh; they've spent thousands following tips that were fabrications; they've applied pressure to those incarcerated; pushed the lives around these players to the point of breaking. Yet they have nothing but Tommy & Misty's drug-fogged memories and terrifying descriptions of something horrible that happened to Haleigh that night involving either Joe alone or Joe and Tommy. We are left with Tommy and Misty and these admissions that they last saw Haleigh in great peril and failed to tell all that they knew about it immediately thereafter out of some sort of fear. And if you can follow that ... then you can make the next link as to their motive for failing to disclose what they knew.

Pick your next link:
1) Tommy &/or Misty disposed of Haleigh - where
a) Misty killed Haleigh and Tommy helped clean up
or b) Tommy killed Haleigh and took care of it himself
or c) Joe did it and Misty & Tommy watched and kept silent

OR

2) Misty and Tommy continue to live in fear of Ron killing them or Tommy’s children if they ever tell the truth - and the truth has something to do with Ron being the cause of Haleigh's disappearance.

IMO, the sense of urgency is gone on all sides - these players are hardened by life and have no prospects for future freedom. It is understandable why they see no benefit to themselves for giving up any Haleigh information. Expecting them to be overcome with compassion and magnanimous feelings for those who wait for an answer - is for those who believe in fairy tales.

The only player not incarcerated – and we don’t know if he’s a player or if he’s a patsy – is Cousin Joe.

If no one tells the truth to cut a deal on drug charges, then investigation complacency, cold case syndrome, and/or other LE priorities will likely set in once this crew heads to doing time for drug charges.

With Haleigh’s family either incarcerated or complacent, with an investigation in a cold holding pattern - who is left that has the right to be her advocate? Why aren't they advocating harder?

Finally, IMO, If Pape and others involved in this investigation have nothing to say, then he should just admit it. How condescending to say Haleigh's case could be solved tomorrow or a year from tomorrow. Why not take the opportunity to apply some pressure and send a message to the world - Haleigh's case will never be solved as long as Haleigh's family - including her post-mortem stepmother's Croslin family stands in the way of the truth.

"When the timing is right" stood out to me. I'm suspicious now more than ever that these court appearances, sentencing dates, plea deals, etc. are being used as part of the equation to get the process of elimination in place. Can we get an accounting of whose on in front of a judge when and what for? I'm guessing but I think RC is on the schedule last and if I am correct, therein lies the reasoning once everyone else has been processed, he stands alone with nothing to bargain with?

The absence of videos of visits tells me they are making a real effort of taking the status of "celebrity" from the key people behind bars. Another method of isolation, I suppose. I just wish someone would tell the truth.

Someone else did the fingerwork but the dates are correct of yesterday.

As of this morning, Wednesday, July 14, 2010:

1. M.C. has a trial date of August 23. 'Last chance plea date' is August 16.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...ads-no-contest

2. R.C. has a trial date of July 19

Data Source: Putnam County Docket Number: 42010CF000254XXAXMX

3. T.C. Sentencing Date is August 6

Data Source: Putnam County Dock Number: 542010CF000147XXAXMX

4. Donna Brock Sentencing Date is September 1

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...-cummings-case

As far as I can tell, there is no crime scene or timeline...that's a problem.

Hardy said that Shell Harbor could be the crime scene. If so, that means he is buying into Haleigh being alive at the Harbor. Any chance they were partying at the harbor that night? If not, it would appear that TC told them JO killed Haleigh at that scene.

Pape is going to be patient, so I guess they don't have any evidence to convict anyone.

It could take years but misty or tommy will talk inside prison. You can bet they all will get some serious time to make sure that day happens. The day when a trusted inmate throws one of them under the bus. If JO did this, he should have been arrested a long time ago. There should be his DNA in the van at least. Rumor was LE had his clothes....guess there was no Haleigh on them or it wasn't true. No evidence to arrest JO.

They have misty and ron's clothing from that night..Haliegh would be on both of them since rc said he picked her up at the stop and was in his workclothes and he made sure that she was sitting on this lap for the drive home from the bus stop..(come think of it, that is odd). Was he setting an alibi? ...hmm...now my imagination is going wild!

Was her sitting on his lap a lie? Was he stating that to cover for Halieigh being on his clothing?

Why do I confuse myself so much?

As far as I can tell, there is no crime scene or timeline...that's a problem.

Hardy said that Shell Harbor could be the crime scene. If so, that means he is buying into Haleigh being alive at the Harbor. Any chance they were partying at the harbor that night? If not, it would appear that TC told them JO killed Haleigh at that scene.
Pape is going to be patient, so I guess they don't have any evidence to convict anyone.

It could take years but misty or tommy will talk inside prison. You can bet they all will get some serious time to make sure that day happens. The day when a trusted inmate throws one of them under the bus. If JO did this, he should have been arrested a long time ago. There should be his DNA in the van at least. Rumor was LE had his clothes....guess there was no Haleigh on them or it wasn't true. No evidence to arrest JO.

They have misty and ron's clothing from that night..Haliegh would be on both of them since rc said he picked her up at the stop and was in his workclothes and he made sure that she was sitting on this lap for the drive home from the bus stop..(come think of it, that is odd)....hmm...now my imagination is going wild!

BBM

I sort of believe that Shell Harbor could have been the crime scene and for one reason: who could make something like that up? Yes, Tommy is a lier, et al., but I don't think he is smart enough to just dream this up.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back