2010.07.15 Hearing Ruling

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it is good cause' those tapes are riveting.

....constitution does not bar the admission of a statement as long as the person is at trial to defend or explain the statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG as a 2nd year law student this is AWESOME. Real life lessons on Sixth Amendment, Heresay, and Due Process. I think the Judge is a little nervous because they are using US Supreme Court decisions here. He's on the record with it. He's doing a good job.

I have no video links at all. My hubby's laptop doesn't have what it needs to show video from the news sites (I'm so mad at him now!! LOL!). Keep up the descriptions!

Excited utterance! Woohoo!

JP---ruled CA had no time to reflect before 911 call
CA crying a little
This fits def of excited utterance

JP: in this case we have three calls. state has indicated that 1 and 2 not offered for truth of matter asserted therein. call 3 which i will talk about now FALLS SQUARELY IN DEFINITION OF EXCITED UTTERANCE. in order for that statement, there must be a startling event that causes nervousness or excitement. testimony today evidences that mrs anthony upon hearing daughter's statemnt about missing granddaughter picked up phone called 911 and began to say what she said. quite evident from testimony here that there was not time to reflect on what she was saying. statement also made under stress of excitement of learning her gdaughter missing and no one knew where she was. quite clear that third 911 call fits E.U. definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow