Your Pick for Red Herring

GrainneDhu

Verified Expert
Reaction score
Every major investigation I have followed ended up to have one or more leads that turned out to be red herrings. That includes some really unlikely coincidences as well.

What is your pick for a red herring in Kyron's disappearance? Why?

My own pick is the neighbour's white truck sighting. I do not doubt his sincerity but based on the timing, I suspect it is a weird coincidence and, therefore, a red herring.

Every major investigation I have followed ended up to have one or more leads that turned out to be red herrings. That includes some really unlikely coincidences as well.

What is your pick for a red herring in Kyron's disappearance? Why?

My own pick is the neighbour's white truck sighting. I do not doubt his sincerity but based on the timing, I suspect it is a weird coincidence and, therefore, a red herring.

I was going to say that one. Another one is the guy that was in the back of the picture that TH snapped of Kyron that morning beside his red eye tree frog project. Because that guy had the misfortune of being in the same picture people were sure he was a predator.
Another one to me is TP. I am sure he meant well but I think he got so caught up in trying to help that he caused more confusion then actual help. I think he may have had some valuable information for the police but in his media interview he just threw everyone off.

Kyron's best friend who stated Kyron said he was going to look at a cool electric exhibit. I don't doubt his good intentions either.

I was going to say that one. Another one is the guy that was in the back of the picture that TH snapped of Kyron that morning beside his red eye tree frog project. Because that guy had the misfortune of being in the same picture people were sure he was a predator.
Another one to me is TP. I am sure he meant well but I think he got so caught up in trying to help that he caused more confusion then actual help. I think he may have had some valuable information for the police but in his media interview he just threw everyone off.

Gotta agree with both of these.

Good topic Grainne!

At this point, the main red herring to me is the LDT. IMO, there has been a lot of speculation about TH's guilt or innocence, based on something that is not even admissible as evidence.

Furthermore, since we have no knowledge of what question(s) she showed deception on, it's difficult to form any opinion at all about the LDT.

I often wonder if she had passed the LDT "with flying colors" what the public's opinion of TH might be?

But, since I have little to no faith in the LDT, I give it little to no weight in terms of evidence of guilt or innocence.

IMO, all the hullabaloo about it is a red herring.

I think the 8:45 a.m. wave-goodbye time is a red herring purposely planted by Terri. I also think the "about 9:00" last seen time is something of a red herring put out by LE to keep from revealing the exact last time there was a credible sighting of Kyron. (I don't think they want Terri to know exactly when or where anyone else last saw Kyron or her that morning.)

Red Herring... hmmm... I would have to say everything that's been reported so far.
IMO, none of it has to do with Kyron

Red Herring... hmmm... I would have to say everything that's been reported so far.
IMO, none of it has to do with Kyron

Dang,I kind of believe this also,so far it's mostly about a divorce and people's emotions.I really wish LE would tell more than what they are,all we're getting is media's accounts and they're playing up alot of things for a sensational story.Right now I'm not even sure about the whole MC thing,I think it was his intention on getting in that house to find info,there is a reward,I believe.And the landscaper thing is odd,why wasn't she arrested if she tried to get someone to off KH?This makes no sense.

So now we are making up imaginary red herrings? It's a red herring that the officials stated something? The officials are making up red herrings? Oh, lordy, I can't even go into that.

I think the 8:45 a.m. wave-goodbye time is a red herring purposely planted by Terri. I also think the "about 9:00" last seen time is something of a red herring put out by LE to keep from revealing the exact last time there was a credible sighting of Kyron. (I don't think they want Terri to know exactly when or where anyone else last saw Kyron or her that morning.)

Red Herring?

How about divorce? This case is sounding more and more like a nasty he-said (she hasn't said yet) divorce. What about the kid? Where is Kyron?

I will not pay to read the details of this story. Hopefully you will not either.

Red herring for me is last known sighting also. It doesn't feel right and it's important.

Red Herring?

How about divorce? This case is sounding more and more like a nasty he-said (she hasn't said yet) divorce. What about the kid? Where is Kyron?

I will not pay to read the details of this story. Hopefully you will not either.

Hellz no I wouldn't pay to read the details. Especially when they'll be (a) here first, and (b) more accurate here.

Eventually, that is.

The psychic crowd might disagree about TP being a red herring. There is some discussion over there about the P family being integral to the case.

I do tend to agree that what LE is releasing (via "sources") frequently seems like red herrings (to us), but only because we don't have the full picture yet, and I believe (AND HOPE) that they have a LOT more info that they're keeping close to the vest. If so, they've got a very well-oiled machine for managing leaks.

TMH as the last person who was with Kyron on June 4. While she may have been the last person to be seen with Kyron, I feel that Kyron was with another person when he left the school.

My red herring is that Teri left the school alone that day. I feel she left with Kyron and nobody happened to see her and Kyron exit the building, together or seperate exits.

abbie

My red herring is that Teri left the school alone that day. I feel she left with Kyron and nobody happened to see her and Kyron exit the building, together or seperate exits.

abbie

I kind of agree. Based on everything we've seen, it'd be difficult for me to imagine her choreographing a handoff involving someone else with such a tight timeline.

I even have doubts as to someone else's involvement in planning or execution. I do think someone else is involved after the fact. Time will tell, and I wish it would freakin' hurry up.

My pick: Baby K was with TH at the science fair.

"Terri was a good person until she got pregnant."

Heck, I'm tempted to say "that Kyron is really 'missing'"........but I guess that that's just wishful thinking.

So many to choose from--alas.

The white truck, apparently seen here, there and everywhere.

The LDT and how it's being played up.

The continued statements that TH isn't cooperating with LE, when early in July the MCSO sheriff disputed that:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/03/sheriff-says-missing-oregon-boys-stepmother-cooperative/

" Staton said he believes Terri Horman is working with investigators.
"To date there has been no indication that she has been uncooperative," Staton said. "She has been cooperative throughout this entire process."

By this point, DY & KH were already "imploring" her to cooperate.

And a lot of "he said" stuff being attribued to LE, when MCSO at one point said that info in a KH/DY presser did *not* come from them.

The whole MFH "plot."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back