Is Terri's Odd Behavior Part of Her Plan?

Day Dreamer

Reaction score
So, I find myself wondering, is Terri's odd behavior part of her plan? IF Terri is responsible was it her goal to make sure Kaine knew she was involved to torture him?

Kyron's CSI shirt ... I now believe it was intentionally put on him to remind Kaine about Terri's love of CSI programs. Was it the first clue that this was a game to Terri?

She had her FB page available to the public for a long time. Her postings on there caused a great deal of speculation and anger. Was it intentional?

Her account of what she did that morning does not match what LE is finding. Did she intentionally drive to SI knowing her cell phone would ping? Did she drive around and do other things to further confuse the search and then lie?

She has been very vocal about failing the LDT's ... why? Did she purposely make a big deal out of it to make sure that Kaine would realize that she was the reason for his anguish? That she held all the cards?

Then there's MC. Was her sexting an intentional act that she KNEW would get back to Kaine and further twist the knife she has plunged into his heart? Was it revenge for Kaine taking her daughter?

Did all of this get way out of hand? Has the national attention caused Terri to drag this out much longer than she originally intended?

There are so many things I have noticed about Terri's behavior that makes me question if it is intentional. Anyone else have that feeling?

If her odd behavior, which has served to vilify her in the eyes of an entire nation and make her a virtual pariah in her city/state, is purposeful than she is certifiable. I cannot imagine anyone purposefully making themselves out to be the prime suspect in a scenerio such as this simply to torture her mate.

I haven't seen any behavior of Terri's that I consider odd.

The sexting is unusual under the circumstances, but I knew a woman when I was younger who had... unusual sexcapades, let's say... when she was stressed. She was in therapy for it, and she knew the reason she did it was because she was attempting not to think about what was stressing her out by doing somewhat outrageous things.

Terri's sexting could be something similar.

Sooo... again... I don't know of any other behavior of Terri's that I think of as odd. We all engage in odd behavior. For me to consider behavior odd to the point of suspecting the person may have abducted or murdered a child, it has to be pretty darn bizarre. I just don't see that on Terri's part.

I don't really see anything "from" Terri, I see things "about" her, but nothing "from" her.

I should qualify my post above with the following. I have seen no one thing "from" Terri (TY to tehcloser for the distinction) that is odd but have seen plenty "about" Terri that taken in bits and pieces does not strike me as odd, however when taken in sum do seem to be odd.

The sum of the whole, for me, is becoming more than the sum of the parts, although I am still riding the fence. If Terri is involved, she did not act alone.

I indirectly know someone who became a widow at 20, her husband died in a house fire she had sex with his best friend the night of the funeral. When she finally got into counseling the counselor told her that is a common thing that happens when people are overwhelmed with grief you will seek "relief" at any cost, I thought it was the strangest thing I had ever heard and then she hears it's not that uncommon....

What I am wondering is if Terri has had intentional odd behavior in front of Kaine to ensure that he suspected her w/out her admitting to anything? I tend to think that if she is responsible she wants Kaine to know she did it.

Of course, it could all be that she is just that stupid. For me, her behavior has been a big key that she was involved. That is just my opinion though.

So, I find myself wondering, is Terri's odd behavior part of her plan? IF Terri is responsible was it her goal to make sure Kaine knew she was involved to torture him?

Kyron's CSI shirt ... I now believe it was intentionally put on him to remind Kaine about Terri's love of CSI programs. Was it the first clue that this was a game to Terri?

She had her FB page available to the public for a long time. Her postings on there caused a great deal of speculation and anger. Was it intentional?

Her account of what she did that morning does not match what LE is finding. Did she intentionally drive to SI knowing her cell phone would ping? Did she drive around and do other things to further confuse the search and then lie?

She has been very vocal about failing the LDT's ... why? Did she purposely make a big deal out of it to make sure that Kaine would realize that she was the reason for his anguish? That she held all the cards?

Then there's MC. Was her sexting an intentional act that she KNEW would get back to Kaine and further twist the knife she has plunged into his heart? Was it revenge for Kaine taking her daughter?

Did all of this get way out of hand? Has the national attention caused Terri to drag this out much longer than she originally intended?

There are so many things I have noticed about Terri's behavior that makes me question if it is intentional. Anyone else have that feeling?
Good Morning, Day Dreamer,

This is a very intriguing thought, though I agree with the poster above (tlcox) that Terri making herself into a societal pariah seems really crazy. That, to me, doesn't mean it couldn't be true, though; especially if Terri doesn't feel and perceive things the way most people do.

Could she truly be so full of venom as to not only be capable of "disappearing" a child and to have previously plotted to have her husband killed, but to still have the warped (evil, some would term it) need and desire to continue the charade, even at the expense of her own reputation, the loss of her daughter, the loss of everything, really? It seems she has also sacrificed her teen-aged son.

It all sounds so...what is a good word? Unbelievable! Insane! Evil?

I don't know how much of this Terri planned, how much she has done as she rolls with each new development, or if she hurt Kyron, hid Kyron (which I do not believe), or if she lost her temper that morning and Kyron paid the ultimate price, and now she is just reacting.

It doesn't seem that way, though (meaning, an accident involving Kyron) or she would be behaving and responding completely differently to the loss of her baby daughter, the loss of Kaine, the loss of her home, the loss of her life, basically. Unless she is wired very differently than most of the people on the planet. And I tend to think that she is.

These are all my OPINIONS and speculations.

What I am wondering is if Terri has had intentional odd behavior in front of Kaine to ensure that he suspected her w/out her admitting to anything? I tend to think that if she is responsible she wants Kaine to know she did it.

Of course, it could all be that she is just that stupid. For me, her behavior has been a big key that she was involved. That is just my opinion though.

I misunderstood your post then. My answer in that case would be no, I don't think she's engaged in intentional odd behavior because I haven't seen (heard of) any odd behavior on her part at all.

Good Morning, Day Dreamer,

This is a very intriguing thought, though I agree with the poster above (tlcox) that Terri making herself into a societal pariah seems really crazy. That, to me, doesn't mean it couldn't be true, though; especially if Terri doesn't feel and perceive things the way most people do.

Could she truly be so full of venom as to not only be capable of "disappearing" a child and to have previously plotted to have her husband killed, but to still have the warped (evil, some would term it) need and desire to continue the charade, even at the expense of her own reputation, the loss of her daughter, the loss of everything, really? It seems she has also sacrificed her teen-aged son.

It all sounds so...what is a good word? Unbelievable! Insane! Evil?

I don't know how much of this Terri planned, how much she has done as she rolls with each new development, or if she hurt Kyron, hid Kyron (which I do not believe), or if she lost her temper that morning and Kyron paid the ultimate price, and now she is just reacting.

It doesn't seem that way, though (meaning, an accident involving Kyron) or she would be behaving and responding completely differently to the loss of her baby daughter, the loss of Kaine, the loss of her home, the loss of her life, basically. Unless she is wired very differently than most of the people on the planet. And I tend to think that she is.

These are all my OPINIONS and speculations.

Good morning! I agree that Terri is definitely wired differently. I don't think Terri, in her wildest dreams, ever thought this would go so far or get so much media attention. I think it got out of hand quickly and she did not know how to react to that. I don't think she expected Kaine to turn on her and take her daughter either.

I am kind of back and forth because when I read other's intelligent takes I can definitely see their points and why they think the way they do.

If she really had nothing to do w/ this then she has been her own worst enemy in her actions.

Terri's behavior is no more or less odd than the major players in most of the other high-profile cases that I've followed. There always seem to be weird characters associated with every case, but I suppose that my behavior might seem strange if I found myself under the careful scrutiny of the media on a daily basis. Most of these people didn't ask to be thrust into whatever predicament they or a family member might find themselves, so they don't have a manual for how they act in such circumstances. jmo

I should qualify my post above with the following. I have seen no one thing "from" Terri (TY to tehcloser for the distinction) that is odd but have seen plenty "about" Terri that taken in bits and pieces does not strike me as odd, however when taken in sum do seem to be odd.

The sum of the whole, for me, is becoming more than the sum of the parts, although I am still riding the fence. If Terri is involved, she did not act alone.

BBM I agree w/ you. It is everything that has come out about her and the things she has said and done that make her look guilty to me.

At first I defended Terri's trip to the gym. I can understand why a parent of a missing child would need to relieve stress and anxiety, especially if working out is part of their daily routine. However, I also questioned the way she phrased it.

Then, to add the MFH plot and KH, DY, & TY claiming she is not being truthful w/ LE (among other things) are really damning for Terri.

Like I said before ... if she had nothing to do w/ this then she has been her own worst enemy as far as the image she projects to the public. Of course, that is just my opinion.

Odd behavior is in the eye of the beholder. You would all probably think I'm odd if you looked closely enough. And vice versa.

The only odd behavior is reported second hand. "she asked me to kill her husband" "we think she reacted weird to failing the lie detector" (and what exactly did she fail at - which questions?) I haven't seen direct evidence of odd behavior.

saying you hit the gym on FB is not odd IMO. suppose you have a hundred close friends wondering how you are doing and so after you exercise to relieve stress you re-assure all of them that you hit the gym and now most of them will react "oh good, Terri must of relieved some stress, I am reassured she is OK."

what I want to know is if she dropped off her cell phone on SI BEFORE school, did whatever to Kyron, then went to pick up the phone. Because if she did that it was a CSI double switch back. Has a criminal even ever used that on TV? - Plant a cell phone in a place, knowing it would be pinged, to throw off LE? Did she get that idea from TV? (if that is what she did) because if she did that then, yes, that is very odd behavior. and pre-meditated.

If she put a CSI shirt on the child knowing what was going to happen, wow, that blows my mind. BTW IMO having a child wear a CSI shirt is wrong to me anyway.

I wish I knew when the pings were and what her debit/credit card receipts show.

I don't think her behaviour is any more odd then anyone else's behaviour when under a microscope. Somethings I am not even sure really occured like the MFH. The sexting I think was just as much MC's behaviour, and I figure he was taking advantage of a vulnerable woman and looking for his 15 minutes. I can only imagine what everyone else has been doing for the last few years, and if it went public how shocked some would be ? Just imagine yourself one day, a tragedy like this strikes, and you fail your LTD. What will they find out about you ? How odd are you going to look?

I'm not sure she did that. If she did, then yes indeed, it is bizarre behavior.

No need to insult me.

Quick question - would the judge have granted the restraining order if there was no evidence of the MFH plot? Would he have done this just based on the word of the landscaper, or would he/she have required some other evidence first? I'm trying to come up with a list of definite odd behaviors that are not just he-said/she-said, and the MFH plot is a big one, but LE hasn't indicated if there's evidence of it or not, so I've been assuming it's just based on the landscaper's word - but would that have been enough to support all of the recent legal actions against Terri?

Odd behaviors list I have so far:

MFH plot (assuming there is evidence of such which hasn't yet been released to the public.)

Showing up at the gym asking about Kyron and Baby K.

Telling the reporters that everything is ok after Kaine had already moved out (acting like she was blindsided, but I don't think she was being truthful).

Posting on FB that she's "hitting the gym" shortly after Kyron disappeared.

Sexting with one of Kaine's former friends, who I think (correct me if I'm wrong?) was one of the people running the website for Kyron, also shortly after Kyron's disappearance.

3 polygraphs, which include failure and walking out in the middle of one of them.

Not once coming out to the public with a statement claiming her innocence! (this is the biggest one for me!)

Voluntarily surrendering custody of Baby K, the house, etc. without a fight (do innocent people do this? I find it odd), yet asking for money from Kaine.

Being untruthful about her whereabouts on the day Kyron went missing (was it Kaine or LE who confirmed this?) - her cell phone pings and credit card usage not matching where she said she was.

Am I missing anything?

The problem is, almost all of our indicators of what her behavior has or has not been has come through second-hand sources.

She "hits the gym" - Some found it odd, others not so much

She doesn't post Kyron's pic as her profile one on FB as quickly as some other family members do - again, not so much a red flag for me.

She was the last KNOWN to have seen Kyron - not odd for me as his primary caregiver.

She may or may not have had a yelled conversation in a busy gym with a teacher regarding an upcoming doctor appointment/absence - not abnormal to me, I have done similar myself.

LE states that a landscaper she was in contact with in fall 2009 claims she tried to hire him to murder her husband - more than odd IF true - I find this claim not credible at this juncture. Not that I disbelieve LE, I think they believe wholeheartedly that this man makes this claim. I do not believe LE has been able to substantiate one word of it.

She has, according to LE, engaged in a series of "sextual" communications with MC, who claims these contacts only started in the days AFTER Kyron went missing - I believe the sexting was occurring, however, I do not find MC claim that they only began recently is at all credible. Either way, would it be behavior I would engage in, uh, no. Do I find it odd enough to throw her in jail and lose the key? Nope. If they start throwing people in jail for bad judgment and bad taste let me know. I've got candidates aplenty.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, in innitial pressers she either blinked too much or not enough (sorry, I can't recall) - Unless she was blinking in morse code, I don't read anything into how she blinked on camera.

have I forgotten anything else that set off some oddmeters?

ETA - ALL OF THE ABOVE said, I am starting to have my doubts about Terri, but am awaiting some sort of EVIDENCE before falling off the fence on either side.

ETA later: one more thing folks call odd, the supposed cel phone pings on Sauvie Island. Is there any known statement from LE to substantiate this claim or just anonymous sources in blogs and news reports?

Terri's behavior before Kyron went missing was allegedly pretty odd. She seems to have been a woman with a lot of "secrets." And who was closest to her that would have been around the most, who had the best opportunity to overhear what she was up to, and who most people forget to watch what they say around? Kids that's who. Everyone believes that Kyron is alive, that she stashed him somewhere, with someone. I don't think so.

I think that Kyron either overheard something and said he was going to tell, or she was abusing him in some way and he threatened to tell. And I think she decided that she was going to have to shut him up.

Odd behavior after Kyron went missing? I think that she expected that she would tell her story about leaving Kyron at the school, then heard later that Kyron was missing. And of course everyone would believe her, there were witnesses at the school after all. She didn't realize her secrets would come out so she didn't plan for how she should act after that. I mean didn't she do the good stepmother thing? She took him to school, she looked at his little projects. Who would ever suspect her?

Is her behavior really odd? Or is it normal for her? I mean not that many women look around for someone to allegedly do a hit on their husbands. Probably a few more women do engage sexting activity with persons that aren't their husbands, but justify it as after all it isn't like they are having sex outside the marriage. And the timing of her sexting? Think of it in her context. Well it is lonely being watched like she is being watched. So really is it her fault if she looks for some company or for something to do while she is being watched? And it being Kaine's friend? Maybe, just maybe he will let some little tidbit out about the investigation. Or maybe she could drop a few little hints of diversion. Or maybe he would just become sympathetic to her. Who knows how useful he might be? He was a risk, but she sounds like a woman who was both willing to take risks and was confident in her ability to "handle" men.

Did she normally take him to school in the am? Did she normally get involved with his school activities and little projects? Or was this new behavior for her?

Quick question - would the judge have granted the restraining order if there was no evidence of the MFH plot? Would he have done this just based on the word of the landscaper, or would he/she have required some other evidence first? I'm trying to come up with a list of definite odd behaviors that are not just he-said/she-said, and the MFH plot is a big one, but LE hasn't indicated if there's evidence of it or not, so I've been assuming it's just based on the landscaper's word - but would that have been enough to support all of the recent legal actions against Terri?

IANAL, but my understanding is that yes, the judge could have granted it based on the sworn testimony of Kaine alone, because it was an emergency hearing, and Terri was not there to refute it. There is another 'full' hearing (non-emergency hearing - I'm not sure what you call this second hearing as opposed to the emergency hearing) where more evidence will be necessary, and Terri or her representative will have a chance to refute the evidence, should they choose to do so.

My understand is that neither Terri nor a representative was there for her, and that the landscaper was not there either.

The MFH plot is he-said, she-said, that is, I haven't seen anything that indicates there is any evidence it happened other than reportedly, the landscaper's word to LE. Terri's reaction to the reported 'sting' - calling 911 - speaks in her favor IMO.

The only thing that I think could be construed as odd behavior is Terri hiring a criminal defense attorney when LE has stated that she is cooperating and is not a suspect in the abduction of Kyron.. But I believe I would do the same if my child went missing - so to me -not odd at all.

I know other people have posted that it is a problem that Terri is hitting the gym while Kyron is missing - but it's odd to me those same people have posted they don't think it odd that Kaine is hitting the gym while his son is gone. I have no problem with either one of them going about their usual activities. I know it is hard for them to do - but life does go on - for them and their other child(ren).

As far as the "plan" terri has - I think it is the same as most people - Find Kyron - alive - pray the abductor is caught and convicted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back