Investigation shifting to Southern Oregon

matou

#los2188
Reaction score
This just released. Not much info yet. It seems to have to do with TM moving to Roseburg.

-The spotlight surrounding the Kyron Horman case has shifted to Southern Oregon, according to a reliable source. Terri Horman, step-mother of missing seven-year-old Kyron Horman, moved back to Roseburg over the weekend.

http://www.kgw.com/home/Terri-Horma...g-kyron-horman-missing-portland-98764869.html

Oh boy, have the police been looking in the wrong place? Does this have to do with looking for Kyron in new areas now?

I took that article to mean that since Terri is in Roseburg, that LE will continue to watch her closely. I wouldn't call the investigation itself shifting, because Kyron was not taken from that area.
Media plays with words a lot. Since Terri seems to be the focus of the investigation, and she moved... I guess that is the shift they're talking about.

You know, I read the title to this thread and wondered if maybe she used those hours to take him to southern Oregon to hide. I wonder if LE has been tracking gas receipts and they have led to Roseburg on that day or something. Or her speedometer is showing far more miles than she told them she drove. Maybe that's why she mentioned multiple stores to account for the miles they found on the truck speedometer. Wow. I hadn't even thought about the speedometer! That would explain a lot! Maybe she took a note from Casey and decided hiding his body further away from home would be better!

That's if that is evidence they have. I don't know what they have at this point. And if they find Kyron there, well what better than to have her close by to arrest?

I'm sorry to say this, nothing personal, but that is a non-story. Here's what "new"...

"The spotlight surrounding the Kyron Horman case has shifted to Southern Oregon, according to a reliable source. Terri Horman, step-mother of missing seven-year-old Kyron Horman, moved back to Roseburg over the weekend.

Notice that the graf doesn't say that the search has shifted, or investigators have moved in. It simply says that TH moved back to town and hence, a "source" says, the spotlight is now there.

Everything else in that story is just refried beans.

IMHO, this is a very weak and journalistically unethical attempt to create news, and get in on the action with a "local angle" on the story.

Hmm, who else lives in Roseburg.

I hear that, Deb. But if that person and that fact had anything to do with an investigation "shifting" the reporters should have said so with attribution to someone.

Right now it's just "oh she moved back, we're in the spotlight now."

Hack work like this really irritates me. (The story, not anyone's post.)

Seems to me the only thing that moved to Roseberg, other than Terri, was the media encampment.

KGW seems to be stretching the headline a bit.

Terri's parents live in Roseburg, and Terri's teenage son reportedly lived with his grandparents for a while after he left the Horman home in Portland.

Is there a connection? I suppose that's the question for which everyone would like an answer. Probably not tonight... jmo

But why mention the reliable source? We all know she moved to Roseburg. I think LE is actually investigating there now about the case.

More bad journalism and speculation, nothing more. Unless LE is totally inept and just now said, oh yeah, maybe we should check out that town she comes from...

I give up. Who?

I hear that, Deb. But if that person and that fact had anything to do with an investigation "shifting" the reporters should have said so with attribution to someone.

Right now it's just "oh she moved back, we're in the spotlight now."

Hack work like this really irritates me. (The story, not anyone's post.)

What person? What fact?

I missed something, didn't I. lol

I'm sorry to say this, nothing personal, but that is a non-story. Here's what "new"...

"The spotlight surrounding the Kyron Horman case has shifted to Southern Oregon, according to a reliable source. Terri Horman, step-mother of missing seven-year-old Kyron Horman, moved back to Roseburg over the weekend.

Notice that the graf doesn't say that the search has shifted, or investigators have moved in. It simply says that TH moved back to town and hence, a "source" says, the spotlight is now there.

Everything else in that story is just refried beans.

IMHO, this is a very weak and journalistically unethical attempt to create news, and get in on the action with a "local angle" on the story.

Agreed, you have to watch how news stations play their words. They love the attention viewers would give.

What a misleading article.

I agree with Kat010.

Apparently, the investigation has not shifted. Just the "spotlight."

From the article:

"The spotlight surrounding the Kyron Horman case has shifted to Southern Oregon, according to a reliable source."

It took a "reliable source" to say that? I think anyone who's mildly interested in this case would figure that out.

But whoever else lives there has lived there the whole time. And it's not like TH chose to move back there. It was foisted upon her. So why would they shift the investigation to those other folks now, just because TH is in the neighborhood? I'm sure LE is continuing to watch HER carefully, so it's shifted in that sense. But I would think if other "Rosebergers"
are suspected, LE would have been watching them all along, no?

Maybe they were already looking there, and now the need to investigate is more urgent because she moved there? I know what it looks like, but if LE has some leads there, I am all for it. What better place to hide a body than the place she grew up and knows best?

I'm just saying it's a possibility, but I am not blind to what this looks like either, just media wanting a reaction.

But whoever else lives there has lived there the whole time. And it's not like TH chose to move back there. It was foisted upon her. So why would they shift the investigation to those other folks now, just because TH is in the neighborhood? I'm sure LE is continuing to watch HER carefully, so it's shifted in that sense. But I would think if other "Rosebergers"
are suspected, LE would have been watching them all along, no?

Okay looks like everybody knows but me. Who lives in Roseberg besides Terri's parents?

If she had moved to Nebraska, would the investigation be shifted there? She moved where she has a place a stay and she may not even stay there long if the media won't leave her family alone.

Okay looks like everybody knows but me. Who lives in Roseberg besides Terri's parents?

haha...I must be the bottom of the barrel lol. I assumed others were referring to the bio Dad and older son of TH.

Umm, I think that the article is just referencing the fact that TH has left Portland, and now resides in Southern Oregon. The investigation will surely go wherever viable leads take it ? Hopefully.....

All JMO

It's difficult to keep so many facts straight, but I thought I read that Terri had grown up in Roseburg, graduated from Roseburg High School, and that her parents still live there. Her teenage son went to live with his maternal grandparents for a while after he was ousted from the Horman home. Perhaps Terri has friends from high school who still reside in Roseburg or in nearby communities? How about an old boyfriend? There might be several ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back