Hornsby on Steph Watts

Blaise

Reaction score
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/profile.aspx?userurl=watts-up-with-this

First 'on demand' episode.

I swear, Hornsby can take material that I already know and give it such an interesting spin.

His thoughts:

* Defense is in the tank. Baez's big payday never panned out, $200,000 for two years of work on a case like this isn't very much. Baez is simply tired. Mason might have been one heck of an attorney one or two decades ago, but he's way past his sell date and this ain't nearly as much fun as he thought it was gonna be. There's nothing for them to do now except simply slog on to the end.

* Kronk's wife's testimony will probably come in. If not, it would almost surely lead to a successful appeal.

* Cindy's testimony was carefully scripted, after meeting with Baez.

* Da Judge was bored during the hearing. Per Hornsby, he can't say, 'lookie, I'm gonna take a break and go drink a CoCola while y'all boys argue. Lemme know when you're finished, and I'll come back and rule.'

* His most interesting -- all and all, this is a very simple case. It's not complicated.

* Jeff Ashby is one of the stars of the State's stable.

* So is LDB.

* The third guy is very good, too.

* Baez doesn't have the attributes of a successful trial lawyer (Blaise's comment -- Ya think?). He is not nimble, he is not quick on his feet, he is not witty, he is not likable. (Blaise's comment -- he ain't the smartest bulb on the tree, either.)

VERY entertaining hour. I've got a warm 'n fuzzy that Hornsby still lurks here. I feel his spirit. If I misquoted, I am confident he will pop up.

Blaise

I swear, Hornsby can take material that I already know and give it such an interesting spin.

His thoughts:

* Defense is in the tank. Baez's big payday never panned out, $200,000 for two years of work on a case like this isn't very much. Baez is simply tired. Mason might have been one heck of an attorney one or two decades ago, but he's way past his sell date and this ain't nearly as much fun as he thought it was gonna be. There's nothing for them to do now except simply slog on to the end.

* Kronk's wife's testimony will probably come in. If not, it would almost surely lead to a successful appeal.

* Da Judge was bored during the hearing. Per Hornsby, he can't say, 'lookie, I'm gonna take a break and go drink a CoCola while y'all boys argue. Lemme know when you're finished, and I'll come back and rule.'

* His most interesting -- all and all, this is a very simple case. It's not complicated.

* So is LDB.

* Baez doesn't have the attributes of a successful trial lawyer (Blaise's comment -- Ya think?). He is not nimble, he is not quick on his feet, he is not witty, he is not likable. (Blaise's comment -- he ain't the smartest bulb on the tree, either.)

VERY entertaining hour. I've got a warm 'n fuzzy that Hornsby still lurks here. I feel his spirit. If I misquoted, I am confident he will pop up.

Blaise

Yes,this was an excellent show!!!!:twocents:

Drat, I step away from the computer and miss RH's no holds barred take on things.

I know a little of his bio but somewhere down the line he's a Yorkshireman.

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS/Misc/Books/FolkTalk/Chapter9.html

The Yorkshireman has, no doubt, a way of speaking his mind very freely, and telling you what he thinks, even if his opinion be never so contrary to your own; what others would let you know by an innuendo or side-wind, he makes known to you without the slightest reserve or disguise. However unpleasant this habit may be at times, it has its advantages; you at least know where you are with them; you can always tell whether a Yorkshireman likes or dislikes what you do; he as good as tells you. I must add, however, that this bluntness of manner is more marked as between Yorkshiremen and strangers than as between themselves.

Crap, I missed it!

I do have to give HUGE KUDOS to Richard Hornsby!!! He is a lawyer's lawyer! This man has the ba**s to come right out and say he thinks Baez is a moron! Gotta love it!!!

Wonder what Richard thinks of Baez moving his chair to the center of the aisle while CA was being questioned by the SA? Was Baez "threatening" or "scared"?

I heard the last half of the show when it was airing live. Mr. Hornsby did a very good job. I'm glad he's finally coming around to my way of thinking. :wink: You reminded me that I haven't listened to the first half yet. Maybe later. :smile:

Crap, I missed it!

I do have to give HUGE KUDOS to Richard Hornsby!!! He is a lawyer's lawyer! This man has the ba**s to come right out and say he thinks Baez is a moron! Gotta love it!!!

Wonder what Richard thinks of Baez moving his chair to the center of the aisle while CA was being questioned by the SA? Was Baez "threatening" or "scared"?

kinda makes one reflect back to the "zip it" comment he made during the depos with Morgan & Morgan.....:innocent:

kinda makes one reflect back to the "zip it" comment he made during the depos with Morgan & Morgan.....:innocent:

I'm sure it was so he could be seen by CA when she was testifying so he could throw signals to her :furious:

IIRC, those were the depos last summer with LDB. Baez was not there for the Morgan depos. And I think the zip it comment was regarding the photos of Caylee, lol. All of that is out in public now, but I'll bet he'd still like us to all "zip it" with regards to that subject, lol.

LOL - Baez saying "Zip It"!

Pot calling Kettle Black........

Say, how bored would we all be if someone like RH or NeJames had been the Defense lawyer instead of Baez. Instead of watching The Keystone Cops we'd be watching the Clash of the Titans!

Crap, I missed it!

BBM

Yes! And, I'd love to know what HHJP thought about it as well!

His thoughts:

* So is LDB.

Blaise

I think the hardworking taxpayers on the jury are going to come to court with the good, old fashioned common sense of Mr. Hornsby, therefore, justice will prevail. He has been on the show several times with interesting takes on things. One of my favorites is August 8, 2010. He sure cuts through the nonsense. God bless the jury foreperson, in advance!

Drat, I step away from the computer and miss RH's no holds barred take on things.

I know a little of his bio but somewhere down the line he's a Yorkshireman.

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS/Misc/Books/FolkTalk/Chapter9.html

The Yorkshireman has, no doubt, a way of speaking his mind very freely, and telling you what he thinks, even if his opinion be never so contrary to your own; what others would let you know by an innuendo or side-wind, he makes known to you without the slightest reserve or disguise. However unpleasant this habit may be at times, it has its advantages; you at least know where you are with them; you can always tell whether a Yorkshireman likes or dislikes what you do; he as good as tells you. I must add, however, that this bluntness of manner is more marked as between Yorkshiremen and strangers than as between themselves.

I am also from Yorkshire :)

I am also from Yorkshire :)

While I've never visited Yorkshire, it's one of the places I would love to spend some time. Many of my ancestors are from the villages of Fridaythorpe, Westow, and Wheldrake in Yorkshire. Most of my Yorkshire ancestors came to the U.S. via Canada in the 1840's and 1850's. I've been looking online to find pictures of the villages where they lived and the churches they attended in Yorkshire. From what I've seen, it's a beautiful place. :)

While I've never visited Yorkshire, it's one of the places I would love to spend some time. Many of my ancestors are from the villages of Fridaythorpe, Westow, and Wheldrake in Yorkshire. Most of my Yorkshire ancestors came to the U.S. via Canada in the 1840's and 1850's. I've been looking online to find pictures of the villages where they lived and the churches they attended in Yorkshire. From what I've seen, it's a beautiful place. :)

We live in Hull which is in East Yorkshire but my husband works in Fridaythorpe :)

Here you go guys.....a little piece of home : )

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7Z1q9hL2I[/ame]

For the kids - Parky (talk show host) lass here.

Lovely clip Mrs G Norris. Greeeeeeeeeeeeen!

KaRN - save one for me.

Leila - small world heh?

Right, let's get back on topic 'cos I am gerrin more than a bit homesick right now!!!:crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back