2010.07.19 - Terry Shoemaker's comments to Art Harris RE: Misty

Helplessly Hoping

Bred for Humanity/Proud Bottom Dweller
Reaction score
“Ronald doesn’t want to believe Misty had anything to do with harming Haleigh or helping those who did,” Terry Shoemaker tells me, “but if she’s been holding back, and it looks like she has, that it’s because she was threatened or coerced.”

He tells me his client has told cops everything he knows about his ex, even playing along in kicking her to the curb and keeping her isolated to pressure her, try to “make her crack.” As a result of what he’s done so far in the Haleigh case, he’s found a small window of opportunity.

By offering to preserve the 15 year trafficking sentences, and hinting he’d drop two counts with 25 year mandatory maximums, “they gave us a 10 year widow of opportunity,” Shoemaker tells The Bald Truth. “They offered us 10 years less than what we could have gotten. That was nice of them.”

www.Artharris.com

More at link. Interesting quotes IMO and just thought this was worth discussing.

"If she is holding back, it's because she was threatened or coerced.."

Yep, I believe that.

she was threatened or coerced

keeping her isolated to pressure her

"they gave us a 10 year widow of opportunity."

Freudian slip or message to Misty.

she was threatened or coerced

keeping her isolated to pressure her

"they gave us a 10 year widow of opportunity."

Freudian slip or message to Misty.

That is what i don't understand... what does that mean? they gave him a 10 year window of opportunity? as in, they will only sentence him to 10 years, if what he testifies is true?

confused.....

Yep, I believe that.

I believe that as well, and IMO she was threatened and coerced by Ronald. But that is JMO.

I find it very disturbing that Fields has been saying for a while that Misty has given LE info yet LE "Will Not Act On It". Why? They should act on any and all info. They all have lied IMO, why not follow up? Is it because it may have something to do with Ron? And if so, why would LE just ignore it? I just don't understand this case....:banghead:

Posted: July 19, 2010
"Snip" http://m.jacksonville.com/news/crim...ings-father-reaches-tentative-plea-drug-cases

By Dana Treen

Haleigh has not been found, and Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy has said he believes she is dead.
Fields said the questioning of co-defendants and the threat of them testifying against his client puts more pressure on Croslin but won't have an impact on the defense. He said Croslin has told detectives what she knows about Haleigh's disappearance.
"If they don't want to act on that, that's their decision," he said.

Cant stop laughing.

So.... by at first keeping her "secluded" was supposed to find out the truth, so thats what he must have been doing when he cut off interviews for those 5 months? And then when isolation didn't work, kicking her to the curb, even though we know he didn't, was supposed to find Haleigh? Was he allowed to waterboard her in seclusion?

As a result of what he’s done so far in the Haleigh case, he’s found a small window of opportunity.

Obviously, Ron hasn't done much, Haleigh hasn't been found, and it seems no one is actually close to being charged and Ronnie is still looking at 15 years. Other than alert Misty to snitches (i.e. Donna Brock) and spreading Misty and Tommy's lies (i.e. the alligator story) I seriously wonder what he has done other than trafficking and engaging in car chases, killing rats and threatening to kill himself and others. I'm not buying the bs story LE told him to marry her then told him to divorce her or any of that bs. Wonder why he hasn't claimed LE told him to go out and sell drugs with her ?

As a result of what he’s done so far in the Haleigh case, he’s found a small window of opportunity.

Obviously, Ron hasn't done much, Haleigh hasn't been found, and it seems no one is actually close to being charged and Ronnie is still looking at 15 years. Other than alert Misty to snitches (i.e. Donna Brock) and spreading Misty and Tommy's lies (i.e. the alligator story) I seriously wonder what he has done other than trafficking and engaging in car chases, killing rats and threatening to kill himself and others. I'm not buying the bs story LE told him to marry her then told him to divorce her or any of that bs. Wonder why he hasn't claimed LE told him to go out and sell drugs with her ?

Using logic its not even believable the LE would encourage statuatory rape and encourage him to marry a child that wasn't even able to sign the papers without a parents consent. So where the Croslins in on this scheme, did the LE make them sign off their daughter? Too many things had to happen before Ron could marry her and the cops would never encourage a marriage, period. No way.

jmo

Using logic its not even believable the LE would encourage statuatory rape and encourage him to marry a child that wasn't even able to sign the papers without a parents consent. So where the Croslins in on this scheme, did the LE make them sign off their daughter? Too many things had to happen before Ron could marry her and the cops would never encourage a marriage, period. No way.

jmo

I'm sure his refusing to cooperate with LE was to gain Misty's trust also.

:sick:

Well sorry to say this is coming from Art Harris, he changes his tune on which program he is on and I will say that until the end of this case. I do not believe a word he says in the Haleigh case.

I do not believe anything Art Harris says either. He does change his tune on NG! Just my opinion, but this is just total BS!

That is what i don't understand... what does that mean? they gave him a 10 year window of opportunity? as in, they will only sentence him to 10 years, if what he testifies is true?

confused.....

My interpretation FWIW is that the 25 years is knocked down 10 years to 15 years..............:waitasec:

“Ronald doesn’t want to believe Misty had anything to do with harming Haleigh or helping those who did,” Terry Shoemaker tells me, “but if she’s been holding back, and it looks like she has, that it’s because she was threatened or coerced.”

He tells me his client has told cops everything he knows about his ex, even playing along in kicking her to the curb and keeping her isolated to pressure her, try to “make her crack.” As a result of what he’s done so far in the Haleigh case, he’s found a small window of opportunity.

By offering to preserve the 15 year trafficking sentences, and hinting he’d drop two counts with 25 year mandatory maximums, “they gave us a 10 year widow of opportunity,” Shoemaker tells The Bald Truth. “They offered us 10 years less than what we could have gotten. That was nice of them.”

www.Artharris.com

More at link. Interesting quotes IMO and just thought this was worth discussing.

Too bad the attorneys do not have to put their hand on the bible and swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth! How Shoemaker can state these lies with a straight face is amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, I believe that.

I thought that early on - but so much time has gone by. We are so impatient for justice that it seems like such a long time. I would imagine it is even longer for those locked up, each day must be an eternity. Misty and Tommy have both come up with stories - true or not I don't know. LE believed the story about being thrown off the dock enough to conduct a costly search. That led me to belive they do not have any evidence they are trying to match... Sorry for being OT.

Art Harris reports what is said to him by these lawyers knowing he will report it. He cannot know if they are telling him as it really is.

Posted: July 19, 2010
"Snip" http://m.jacksonville.com/news/crime...lea-drug-cases

By Dana Treen

Haleigh has not been found, and Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy has said he believes she is dead.
Fields said the questioning of co-defendants and the threat of them testifying against his client puts more pressure on Croslin but won't have an impact on the defense. He said Croslin has told detectives what she knows about Haleigh's disappearance.
"If they don't want to act on that, that's their decision," he said.

IMHO..IF Misty has really told LE the truth about what she knows concerning Haleigh's disappearance and LE has made a decision not to act on it, then there is a whole lotta corruption going on down there..
However, I suspect Mr. Shoemaker is referring to all the BS that went down about Jo O and Tommy C being the ones who are responsible for Haleigh's disappearance.. And under those circumstances I suspect LE is not acting on any of that carpola because they know it is all lies. Last thing LE in Putnam County wants is to charge Misty, Tommy and Jo O with Haleigh's disappearance... IF they did, they know what would happen...Someone down there can't risk the truth about Ronald Cummings being involved ever being revealed in a court of law...
Just my opinion as to WHY they have made a decision not to act on anything they have been told concerning Haleigh's disappearance.....JMO

Snipped from Lorann

Art Harris reports what is said to him by these lawyers knowing he will report it. He cannot know if they are telling him as it really is.

www.Artharris.com

Lorann I agree that these lawyers know that AH will report the things that they say. So why would Shoemaker make those comments? Did Ron tell him to say that:waitasec:?
IMO, Shoemaker stating that Ron doesn't want to believe Misty had anything to do with harming Haleigh, is Ron's way of saying that he is still on Misty's side, or he would like for it to seem that way, at least. Shoemaker mentions Misty being threatened or coerced, IMO, is Ron's way of reminding Misty of her script and what would happen to her if she didn't continue to go along with it. They knew this information would get back to Misty one way or another.

I am also confused about Lisa and Hank showing up for Ron's hearing. What was that all about?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back