Could the photo of Kyron be photo shopped?

Skully

Reaction score
Mods I don't know if this is okay or not, but the question of Kyron having gone to school that morning keeps coming up. I don't know if we have any witness that Kyron was seen other than one other child. His statement is not used at "last time seen". LE has stated TMH is the last person to see him and the time is 8:45. I think this is important. If no one recalls seeing him, is it possiable that the photo of Kyron standing at his desk is a fake? I am by no means an expert on Photo shop, but have found an article in Scientific American: Digital Forensics: 5 Ways to Spot a Fake Photo. While the article is good and gives some information we could compare too, their is a comment by a Dr.Ab*** Mal***

11:51 PM on 06/02/08
"You failed to point out the simplest and most obvious indicator: halination, the appearance of a halo around an object in a digital image. Halination frequently occurs when digital images are manipulated by identifying and/or sharpening edges, required for some cut and paste alterations. A good, if unresolved example, was the widely published photo of OJ in Bruno Magli loafers. The picture was taken with a film camera, not digital, yet a distinct halo was seen around OJ and his shoes."

I bring this up because if you look at the photo of Kyron, his right side or left side of the picture as you are viewing it, has a yellow shadow. This could be to lighting, but I have looked at all the other pictures taken of him and the shadows are not yellow, they are dark outlines. So if anyone here is an expert on fakes or Photo shop, please chime in here.

I am not good at getting photos in here, so if somebody could put the two side by side of Kyron in front of the project and the one without him in it, we may be able to discuss lighting and shadows and things that could be off or things that make it a real photo.

Ths has been brought up before and it was determined that the photo was not shopped. I didn't get too much into the conversation but apparently you can tell my looking at his hair and that you can see it seperately.
Also he was seen at 8:15 am by the president of the PTA who saw TH take the picture and at least 2 other boys have given interviews saying that they saw him there this morning. I think this goes into the myth category.

Ths has been brought up before and it was determined that the photo was not shopped. I didn't get too much into the conversation but apparently you can tell my looking at his hair and that you can see it seperately.
Also he was seen at 8:15 am by the president of the PTA who saw TH take the picture and at least 2 other boys have given interviews saying that they saw him there this morning. I think this goes into the myth category.
BBM

I will say this, the hair is not the way to tell. I use Photo shop and you can clone an individual hair and put it all around the edges to make it appear natural. They have excellent examples of photos that have been altered to put people into a setting and the hair is not what gave it away. The light direction of the eyes vs irises, was one. Cloning pixels was another,and this included doing serious math and counting them and camera Fingerprints was another.

But if there were credible people saying they saw him in front of that project and she took the picture, you are correct it would belong in the myth category. I will say this, if this day was as hectic as I imagine it to be, I have to wonder where all the people are in that room with the projects. Also if she is recalling this after the fact, hours later, is she sure Terri was taking a photo of Kyron? I ask this because, people remember things they don't see if there is a picture of that event. For instance, a friend of mine was in a car accident. She was taken to the hospital at 7:30 in the am. She was on her way to work and had to call in from the hospital to say she wasn't coming in due to the accident. Well, people there thought she was at her desk, some said they thought they saw her that morning. Why, because she was always there, they just thought she was at work, or saw her. Not to mention no two witness saw the same thing regarding the accident. Anyway, I thought if there was no one sure as to whether or not he was there, I would start this discussion.

Putting aside the picture (let's just say it was photoshopped):

- two teachers saw him in the school

- the president of the PTA saw him in the school

- a second grader saw him in the school

- a seventh grader saw him in the school

- LE believes he was in the school

- Kaine believes he was in the school

I can't think of a reason LE and Kaine would say he was in the school if he wasn't if they are truly trying to find him, and I do believe they sincerely want to find him. But... who knows?

Putting aside the picture (let's just say it was photoshopped):

- two teachers saw him in the school

- the president of the PTA saw him in the school

- a second grader saw him in the school

- a seventh grader saw him in the school

- LE believes he was in the school

- Kaine believes he was in the school

I can't think of a reason LE and Kaine would say he was in the school if he wasn't if they are truly trying to find him, and I do believe they sincerely want to find him. But... who knows?

I concede. I didn't know that many people were saying they saw him that morning. I never questioned LE or Kaine not wanting to find him, my point was, maybe the whole time frame was off. If he never made it to school, well something may have happened earlier. But I do know they want him found, we all do. Just sleuthing out another reason why no one saw him leave and how in 15 minutes he vanished into thin air.

I concede. I didn't know that many people were saying they saw him that morning. I never questioned LE or Kaine not wanting to find him, my point was, maybe the whole time frame was off. If he never made it to school, well something may have happened earlier. But I do know they want him found, we all do. Just sleuthing out another reason why no one saw him leave and how in 15 minutes he vanished into thin air.

There were also two people visible in the background of the photo, a little girl and a man. I'm quite sure they were contacted to confirm when they were in that particular classroom.

There were also two people visible in the background of the photo, a little girl and a man. I'm quite sure they were contacted to confirm when they were in that particular classroom.

IIRC, the man was identified and interviewed, and decided not to be a person of interest. I don't have the link at my fingertips, but there was a thread on this fellow.

ETA:
Finally found the thread!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107537"]2010.6.23~ issues with JVM~ could mystery man in photo crack the case? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

If people are interested, here's the thread on whether or not Kyron was last seen in the school, etc.:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108425"]2010.07.03 Sheriff confirms Kyron last seen *inside* school - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Here's another thread on whether Kyron and TH were really at Skyline that day:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107366"]Were TH and/or Kyron really at Skyline on Friday, June 4? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

That's true they are there in the background. I see Kyron in front of a tall cardboard structure because I am in the front, I wonder if they remember seeing him in that room or Terri taking that photo? Did they walk to the front of that project and see him there? We don't know. That is all I am saying. As far as the other guy, Kyron isn't in that photo. Kryon may have been in the room or not. People thought he was in the bathroom or getting a drink and he was also marked absent for the day at 10am. So I am saying it is possible that his picture was put into that photo of the project. But is people saw him, actually remember seeing him in that room on that day with Terri, I am completely off in thinking he may not have been at school that day at all.

So in that school a child (student) has the ability to walk out? I assume that there was much movement that day with the projects, etc. Nevertheless, we had lots of things going on in my school and there was no way a child could just leave. Even when parents came to the school to get their child they rang the bell and were let in to the office. We had art exhibit day;, science days, musical production perfornmances and parents were invited but we kept an eye on the kids and parents and this in a very large inner city school.Parents stayed with their children, those students whose parents did not come were assigned to teachers like me who were not classroom teachers. I always had two students and I was responsible for them during the production, etc. NO way any kid was getting out of Dodge on my watch..There would have been he.. to pay if that happened!!!

So in that school a child (student) has the ability to walk out? I assume that there was much movement that day with the projects, etc. Nevertheless, we had lots of things going on in my school and there was no way a child could just leave. Even when parents came to the school to get their child they rang the bell and were let in to the office. We had art exhibit day;, science days, musical production perfornmances and parents were invited but we kept an eye on the kids and parents and this in a very large inner city school.Parents stayed with their children, those students whose parents did not come were assigned to teachers like me who were not classroom teachers. I always had two students and I was responsible for them during the production, etc. NO way any kid was getting out of Dodge on my watch..There would have been he.. to pay if that happened!!!

Not to be harsh, but that ship has sailed...this school was clearly more casual than most about security issues, as proven by the number of posters who outlined the procedures at schools in their worlds. Unless of course, we are all wrong and every moment/child was accounted for but LE simply has not made the info pulblic.

IMO, the picture is obv. Photoshopped--I've said it on several different threads and no one seems to agree. If you look at the picture, the right arm is photoshopped as are the unnaturally straight lines of his shirt on the right. I feel like this could change the whole timeline of the case. Another thing that bothers me is that TH posted that pic on her FB soon after she got home that day--could that mean anything in relation to the case??

I can't think of a reason LE and Kaine would say he was in the school if he wasn't if they are truly trying to find him, and I do believe they sincerely want to find him. But... who knows?​

IMO, the picture is obv. Photoshopped--I've said it on several different threads and no one seems to agree. If you look at the picture, the right arm is photoshopped as are the unnaturally straight lines of his shirt on the right. I feel like this could change the whole timeline of the case. Another thing that bothers me is that TH posted that pic on her FB soon after she got home that day--could that mean anything in relation to the case??

There were people there who witnessed the photo being taken. It was NOT photoshopped. Kyron was posing in front of his science fair exhibit. Law enforcement investigated the photo and the other people who were in it. They know where Kyron was.

IMHO this is dead issue.

There were people there who witnessed the photo being taken. It was NOT photoshopped. Kyron was posing in front of his science fair exhibit. Law enforcement investigated the photo and the other people who were in it. They know where Kyron was.

IMHO this is dead issue.
Does anyone know who the man in the background is? Not the one with man and child, the one with the man in the background?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back