AL AL - Clara Vaughn Rogers, 74, Clay County, 9 July 2010

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.therandolphleader.com/articles/2010/07/20/news/201-missing woman.txt

Search continues for missing woman

by The Clay Times-Journal
Tuesday, July 20, 2010 9:19 PM CDT

CLAY COUNTY--Seventy-four-year-old Clara Vaughn Rogers is missing from her residence on Cheaha Road in Clay County near Salt Creek Cemetery. She was last seen at home around 8 a.m. Friday, July 9, by her husband Joseph Edward Rogers.

Clay County sheriff's deputies, along with local rescue squads, fire departments, police departments and several volunteers combed the surrounding area searching for Mrs. Rogers until 2 a.m. that Friday night.

The search team reassembled and began the search again at daybreak Saturday morning, assisted by the Alabama State Troopers helicopter, but Mrs. Rogers was not found.

A person fitting Mrs. Rogers' description was reported to have been seen on Stockdale Road in Talladega County around 9:30 p.m. that Friday night. Mrs. Rogers is 5 feet, 3 inches and 180 pounds with blue eyes and grey hair. She was last seen wearing black shorts and a black shirt and may be suffering from dementia.

According to reports, the search was called off on Tuesday, but a mystery remains as to where the victim went or what happened to her.

Anyone with information about this case, please contact Sheriff Jean Dot Alexander, Investigator Jason Sims or Lieutenant Cory Ligon at the Clay County Sheriff's Department (256) 354-2176 or call 911.

201-missing%20woman.jpg

East Alabama disappearances remain unsolved, some for decades

Some East Alabama communities have been waiting decades for solutions to a few baffling missing persons cases.

[snip]

Clara Rogers, 73, of Mumford. Missing since July 8, 2010. She was last seen by her husband that morning, but was gone when he came back to the house in the afternoon. She may be suffering from dementia.

http://blog.al.com/east-alabama/2013/05/east_alabama_disappearances_re.html

I am unsure if she was found or not, since her namus profile was still up and I couldn't access/find any other articles on her.

I submitted this doe as a potential match:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

There aren't any definite criteria that made me suggest it, but hair color, distance, type of clothing sounded really promising to me.

**Bump for Clara**

Mrs. rogers was last seen around 8 A.M. on July 10, 2010, by her husband at home. Around 3 P.M., he went back into the house and found her missing.

2 Unidentified Person Exclusions

1670421976412.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni