Store Video

ChuckMaureen

Reaction score
Are the brown-shirted man and boy shown in the Shell station surveillance video yet identified?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq7MU7Xvics

The man appears more grandfather age (mid-40's to early 50's) than father age, as compared to the boy's assumed age of 10 - 11 yrs.

The man dresses 'younger' than as he appears.

The man is wearing a watch on his right wrist (01:05).

The man is sporting a chin-shapped, gray, perhaps salt-n-pepper, beard. (00:14 - 00:15)

The man inserts his right hand in to his right front pants pocket and retrieves a wallet. (01:07)

The man holds the wallet in his left hand and works in the wallet using his right hand.

The man gives something (probably paper money) to clerk from his right hand then immediately inserts his right hand in to his right front pants pocket. A habit?

The man turns right, looking toward where the boy walked, as if to verify the boy's location. (01:15)

The man then grabs the brim of his 'baseball-style' cap with his right hand as he turns back to face the clerk. (01:16) This is noteworthy because that action, along with demeanor and facial appearance presents as a thinking moment. What is the man thinking? Was he thinking of what he just witnessed on the street, looking toward the boy as if, "what if that happened to him .. should I report what I saw or did I really see what I thought I saw", or am I reading too much in to his action?

Clerk hands change to the man (01:26) and the man places something in to his left front pants pocket (the change?) and returns the wallet to his right front pants pocket.

The man appears more grandfather age (mid-40's to early 50's) than father age, as compared to the boy's assumed age of 10 - 11 yrs.

The man gives something (probably paper money) to clerk from his right hand then immediately inserts his right hand in to his right front pants pocket. A habit?

The man turns right, looking toward where the boy walked, as if to verify the boy's location. (01:15)

The man then grabs the brim of his 'baseball-style' cap with his right hand as he turns back to face the clerk. (01:16) This is noteworthy because that action, along with demeanor and facial appearance presents as a thinking moment. What is the man thinking? Was he thinking of what he just witnessed on the street, looking toward the boy as if, "what if that happened to him .. should I report what I saw or did I really see what I thought I saw", or am I reading too much in to his action?

Snipped for space

Mid 40s to 50ish says father to a 10 year for me - child was born when man was in his mid 30s to 40. This is a very 'normal' age to be having children.

I just see a man looking for his son to kind of say...are you ready to go? and then readjusting his hat. Many men play with their ball caps. I don't see anything wierd, unusual or telling in his body language.

Snipped for space

Mid 40s to 50ish says father to a 10 year for me - child was born when man was in his mid 30s to 40. This is a very 'normal' age to be having children.

I just see a man looking for his son to kind of say...are you ready to go? and then readjusting his hat. Many men play with their ball caps. I don't see anything wierd, unusual or telling in his body language.

I'll agree to the age analysis. As for body language, there was something beyond what you describe. It was more than an 'I'm ready to leave' moment. There was some other thought process taking place. I'm just curious as to what it might be.

I thought the body language was probably asking the boy if he was going to buy something more. Or maybe the boy said something to him and he turned to say "No, you can't have it."

I thought the body language was probably asking the boy if he was going to buy something more. Or maybe the boy said something to him and he turned to say "No, you can't have it."

The mans actions played more toward the visual realm, as opposed to a verbal procedure.

During the turn sequence the man reaches for the brim of his cap, effectively placing his arm between his mouth and the direction of the boy. I do not expect that would be a natural movement if he was responding verbally to the boy.

It seemed to me the man was in a thought process that included the boy beyond the 'immediate' ... it was a look-ahead thought, hence the brief 'stare to nothing' during the turn before returning and continuing focus on check-out.

I am not suggesting anything sinister ... just attempting to ascertain mindset.

Please have the discussion regarding the store video here. If there are other posts you would like to have moved over, please send me the link and I'll move them here.

Remember: This is about the store video, not the video of Lindsey playing.

Thanks,

Salem

I'm bumping this thread because I don't know if the man/boy have been ID'd it also came up in the general thread again. Does anyone know if they have been identified? I looked back in the main thread and haven't missed many posts, but didn't know if I missed the answer....somewhere

Where's Lindsey

The video is still posted on Lindsay's FBI site, so somebody on it must still be unidentified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back