Illinois Town Wants to Outlaw Eye Rolling

STEADFAST

Reaction score
. . . The idiocy stems from a recent city council meeting where an Elmhurst resident was ejected from the room after rolling her eyes in reaction to something that was said by a council member.
Members of the Elmhurst city council have asked the City Attorney to look into the creation of a "disturbance and disorderly conduct" violation and to see if eye-rolling could somehow be shoehorned into its definition. . .

http://consumerist.com/2010/07/illinois-town-wants-to-outlaw-eye-rolling.html

. . . :rolleyes:

I can see where it would be important, assuming of course that all other problems in this town have been satisfactorily addressed and fixed...no unemployment worries, no lack of rain for crops, no crime, etc...

I can see where it would be important, assuming of course that all other problems in this town have been satisfactorily addressed and fixed...no unemployment worries, no lack of rain for crops, no crime, etc...

They're also going to need to build a huge juvenile facility to house all the teenagers they'll be arresting.:behindbar

speechless :waitasec:

Oh yea I remember sending my kids to their room for rolling their eyes;)

With all due respect Mr. and Ms. Lawmaker(s):

Look into my eyes...look real closely.........

do you see any concern in there? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"Eye" didn't think so!

If eyerolling was outlawed, how would I ever survive listening to my boss? or my DH complain about little things, or to the defense lawyers? or to the 'talking heads' on tv? or reading 'media' articles full of mistaken facts or 'unnamed sources', or reading posts on the blogs online?

Nope, sorry, Illinois. Just can't stay sane without my :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The perfect town to live in, no crime and no problems
- just pure heaven on earth.

Favorite post of the day.

::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Goz:angel:

I find this particularly funny because my city has a former mayor who was notorious for rolling her eyes during city council meetings (as well as elsewhere). I remember seeing a news story where they showed pictures of something like 10 eye-rolls during one meeting alone. She was accused of being kind of difficult, but never of disorderly conduct!

Ick... I grew up in Lombard, which is the town next to Elmhurst... My little cousin got busted by the Elmhurst cops for riding his bike on the sidewalk... Got a ticket and a fine... I think they just don't have anything better to do in that town...

Is noggin rolling illegal too? Just keep your eyes on the council member and roll your head around them. :thumb:

From the article;

The idiocy stems from a recent city council meeting where an Elmhurst resident was ejected from the room after rolling her eyes in reaction to something that was said by a council member.

Members of the Elmhurst city council have asked the City Attorney to look into the creation of a "disturbance and disorderly conduct" violation and to see if eye-rolling could somehow be shoehorned into its definition.

Illinois state law defines disorderly conduct is "an act in such unreasonable manner as to alarm or disturb another, or to provoke a breach of the peace."

Those council members take themselves a little too seriously. Getting thrown out is good enough. JMO

hope that they add teeth sucking and clucking to their list of statutes too

Ick... I grew up in Lombard, which is the town next to Elmhurst... My little cousin got busted by the Elmhurst cops for riding his bike on the sidewalk... Got a ticket and a fine... I think they just don't have anything better to do in that town...

I grew up in Lombard too! Do you pronounce it Lombard or Lumbard?

6ed179.jpg

You forgot Villa Park is between Lombard and Elmhurst.

Once a child reaches age 13 they are no longer supposed to ride their bike on the sidewalk. Not sure if that is a village ordinance or county ordinance.......

I HATE Elmhurst. Too city like for me..... and York Rd bugs me too. No parking, too congested.
Villa Park west to Wheaton, all good, but ick for Elmhust. No offense to anyone who lives there, just too city like and too close to Cook Cty for me.

BUT :floorlaugh: on outlawing eye rolling. Sounds like something Elmhurst would to do.

MOO

I grew up in Lombard too! Do you pronounce it Lombard or Lumbard?

6ed179.jpg

You forgot Villa Park is between Lombard and Elmhurst.

Once a child reaches age 13 they are no longer supposed to ride their bike on the sidewalk. Not sure if that is a village ordinance or county ordinance.......

I HATE Elmhurst. Too city like for me..... and York Rd bugs me too. No parking, too congested.
Villa Park west to Wheaton, all good, but ick for Elmhust. No offense to anyone who lives there, just too city like and too close to Cook Cty for me.

BUT :floorlaugh: on outlawing eye rolling. Sounds like something Elmhurst would to do.

MOO

I'm a LOMbard kinda gal... Went to Glenbard East and all. :cool:

My little cousin was 9 when he got popped by the Elmhurst fuzz for riding his bike on the sidewalk... It all just seems like overkill for me...

I went to GE too. Wonder if we went to HS together...... Wow, 9 and popped for riding his bike on the sidewalk? I wouldn't only roll my eyes, I'd point my finger and shake it too! Wonder if that will be outlawed in good old Elmhurst next.

I thought about transposing two letters at the end of Elmhurst but since name calling is a TOS violation I won't. ;)

We always said Lumbard, probably just lazy speech, lol.

Oh well GREAT! This is all I needed! I am going to Jail :(

Oh wait... I don't live there.. .Never mind.. LOL

That town must be full of people like me. A young person rolls their eyes at me, and I go from zero to FURY in 1 second flat!. In fact, I get mad just sitting here and thinking about it, lol.

Anyway, I just can't see a law banning it. Teenagers there would have to wear paper sacks over their heads to stay out of jail!

That town must be full of people like me. A young person rolls their eyes at me, and I go from zero to FURY in 1 second flat!. In fact, I get mad just sitting here and thinking about it, lol.

Anyway, I just can't see a law banning it. Teenagers there would have to wear paper sacks over their heads to stay out of jail!

Two words; Anger management. :croc: :innocent:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back