FL - Thomas Spioch, Sentenced to 315 Years in Prison, to Be Released

sleutherontheside

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.wftv.com/news/24352991/detail.html

BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. -- A Brevard County man, who was originally sentenced to 315 years in prison for molesting a 14-year-old boy and then hiring a hit-man to kill witnesses, will soon be free. After a series of appeals, a judge ordered Thomas Spioch to be set free Thursday.

WFTV was told that Spioch will be moving to Orange County. His new address in Orange County hasn't been revealed, but it will become public since he will have to register as a sex offender.

The judge tried to place tighter restrictions on Spioch, but was bound by the law.

When Spioch was sent to prison in 1997, he wasn't supposed to walk free again. His original sentence would have kept him locked up until the 24th Century. Now, a court has ordered his release. Spioch’s original convictions and sentence were tossed out through appeals.

The doctors say the 52-year-old's age and evaluations suggest he doesn’t meet standards allowing the state to hold him.

What does age have to do with it? A 52 year old is perfectly capable of raping and molesting a child. He needs to be in prison, where he was supposed to finish his days. Why do they keep letting these people out? I just watched the documentary on Jaycee Dugard, and Garrido only served a few years of his 25 to life sentence! What did he do when he got out? Kidnapped, raped, and held Jaycee Dugard for 18 years.

Shame on the law for letting this man out.

Here's the opinion releasing him - over ineffective assistance of counsel. You have to be kidding me!!! Here's an interesting quote:

"
With respect to the rest of it, we just move for a Directed Verdict on lewd and lascivious acts on the basis that the State just simply failed to prove their case with any kind of competent evidence other than general testimony that it happened twenty times, over a period between March the 1st [*5] until September of the next year. I would think that’s (inaudible) for a conviction on separate counts of lewd and lascivious behavior."

So the child's testimony is insufficient now?

http://www.miami-criminal-lawyer.net/caselaw/2007/03/16/spioch-v-state/

WHY?

Why, why, why??????

This is why it will never stop and we'll always be here discussing these cases.

WTH will it take? These guys CANNOT be fixed!

This is OBSCENE. I swear now I know how the villagers felt in the old Frankenstein movie except our monster is real..

What should happen is there should be someone watching him all the time. Every minute of every day.

If he were close to me I would volunteer.

I have a feeling he is not going to be really be "free." Now that the public is aware of where monsters like him live then people can keep an eye on him.

The problem is the public shouldn't have to worry about him. He should be locked up for good.

This info is going on the front page of Websleuths and the front of the forums page. In big letters so everyone will see.

This is the exact reason I quit working for the State of Florida, and moved to another state. If people only knew how many molesters were released yearly. We would work years putting them in, then before you know it some loop hole would let them back out. There is no doubt this guy will molest another child in a year or two, might even move up to murder, because he has a sense of power now. If you live in Orange County I would find out where he lives and pass out fliers to all the neighbors. Let him know you know who he is and you are watching everything he does, and please make sure all the kids know who he is and tell them not to go near him. Makes me so sick.

This is too horrible, insane, and utterly ridiculous for me to even comment on. Rest assured another innocent baby will be raped, probably murdered for what - so a piece of chit can have an ejaculation?

My opinion only

Thanks for putting this on the main page, Tricia. This is my county and I had no idea.... ugh. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!

I forgot to mention, I did post this all over my facebook and I'm going to let everybody know. I know a lot of people from both Brevard and Orange county. This is just repulsive. We need to move, asap.

How absurd!

Age has nothing to do with sexually offending children. Besides, it's not the penis that offends, it's his mind...you can take his penis away and he'd still find some object to use...just absurd!

You cannot rehabilitate a child molester, ever...

I'm sure this will not be the last he's heard of. He still has 12 years of probation and I fully expect him to reoffend. Such a shame that he now puts all children at risk! I do hope his neighbors keep a keen eye out for this man, watch his every move for no children are safe....JMHO

Justice has not been served, IMO....

This is the exact reason I quit working for the State of Florida, and moved to another state. If people only knew how many molesters were released yearly. We would work years putting them in, then before you know it some loop hole would let them back out. There is no doubt this guy will molest another child in a year or two, might even move up to murder, because he has a sense of power now. If you live in Orange County I would find out where he lives and pass out fliers to all the neighbors. Let him know you know who he is and you are watching everything he does, and please make sure all the kids know who he is and tell them not to go near him. Makes me so sick.

Now I understand why Florida seems to be the SO capital....such a shame...JMHO

This is just wrong, wrong, wrong.

There is only one way to rehabilitate these monsters, and it's a gun and good aim.

This is so tragic. As tragic and sad as anything I read on Websleuths.
He will re-offend given the opportunity. I wish society would wake up and demand laws to be changed.

What a horrible injustice for this young man. He will carry this with him forever. :steamed:

WHY?

Why, why, why??????

This is why it will never stop and we'll always be here discussing these cases.

WTH will it take? These guys CANNOT be fixed!

You are absolutely CORRECT!! Even if castrated these freaks will use whatever they can to overpower, control and sexually assault the vulnerable! They need to be locked up for life OR put to death!! IMO there is no other solution! God, I am so FURIOUS!!!!!

ive always thought there should be billboards put up with the faces of the judges who set these monsters free saying "come rape my children, its ok by me!"
grrrrr

ive always thought there should be billboards put up with the faces of the judges who set these monsters free saying "come rape my children, its ok by me!"
grrrrr

I agree with you.

I understand that in this case he won appeals that reduced the number of "incidents" or whatever the monster chooses to call it, therefore reducing his time.

Its like its saying, "its okay if you only do it a couple times. We will let you get back to life shortly after a mildly uncomfortable incarceration. Just hold in there. You'll be free to do it again shortly."

One time is enough to torture an entire child's life. The offender therefore needs to pay with his entire life also.

I don't know if this website would advocate doing this, but I'd love to see flier's sent out exposing lenient judges to every citizen in the district. If they can't do the right thing just for the sake of children, maybe they can be shamed out of the robe.

This is OBSCENE. I swear now I know how the villagers felt in the old Frankenstein movie except our monster is real..

What should happen is there should be someone watching him all the time. Every minute of every day.

If he were close to me I would volunteer.

I have a feeling he is not going to be really be "free." Now that the public is aware of where monsters like him live then people can keep an eye on him.

The problem is the public shouldn't have to worry about him. He should be locked up for good.

This info is going on the front page of Websleuths and the front of the forums page. In big letters so everyone will see.

He never should be free. If society needs to keep him imprisoned, so be it. The justice system has dropped the ball. And they drop the ball ALL THE TIME. I'm tired of it. It's our children who suffer. They are so vulnerable and powerless and we need to speak for them.

I just don't understand how someone sentenced to 315 years can get out of prison. How can that happen????

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20100723/NEWS01/7230332/1006/13+years+later++sex+predator+a+free+man++not+returning+to+Brevard

13 years later, sex predator a free man, not returning to Brevard
BY KAUSTUV BASU • FLORIDA TODAY • July 23, 2010

snip...

News of the impending release of the man who molested the 14-year-old boy between March 1992 and September 1993, has already led to one victim leaving Brevard.The victim, whom FLORIDA TODAY agreed not to identify, was a witness in the molestation case and was on Spioch's hit-list. Court records show Spioch paid the hit-man $2,500 as down payment for the planned killings, but the operation was foiled sheriff's office investigators.
"It is not right. I have to leave the state I was born in," she said earlier this week.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24370860/detail.html

Sex Offender Seeks Place To Live
Trailer Park Home To Dozens Of Offenders Rejects This One

POSTED: Friday, July 23, 2010
UPDATED: 5:13 pm EDT July 23, 2010

Spioch spent his first night at the Lakeshore Village mobile home park on North Orange Blossom Trail, but was told to leave today by the owner, Lori Nassofer. She told Local 6 she did not want to deal with all the publicity Spioch generated.
Spioch was working with his probation officer today to find another place to live, telling Local 6 "media coverage" was making that difficult.

http://www.wesh.com/news/24362645/detail.html

300 Years Knocked Off Sex Offender's Sentence
Spioch Convicted Of Molesting Teen, Hiring Hit Man To Kill Witnesses

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member