Singer Al Jarreau hospitalized in France

Dark Knight

Reaction score
PARIS - Singer Al Jarreau was in intensive care in a French hospital Friday after running into breathing problems in the Alps that forced him to cancel at least four concerts.

The 70-year-old fell ill before a concert Thursday at a jazz festival in the French mountain town of Barcelonnette and was brought to an intensive care unit in the city of Gap, the hospital said Friday.

Jarreau's British agent said he "became weak from the altitude" in Barcelonnette, which is in the southern Alps.

"Upon medical advice, (he) was advised not to perform to allow him time to recover," Marshall Arts Ltd. said in a statement, adding that Jarreau hopes to resume his tour next Thursday.

The Grammy Award winner was conscious and breathing without assistance Friday but was still in intensive care receiving treatment for respiratory problems, said Maurice Marchetti, deputy director of the hospital.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/singer-al-jarreau-hospitalized-in-france/44392

I absolutely love Al Jarreau. I hope he's going to be okay.

Prayers heading Al's way. Love his music and I've always heard he was amazing man. It's too soon for you, Al. Stick around and sing some more of your sweet tunes.

This man has a great voice! I hope Al Jarreau will recover and be able to sing again.

Al Jarreau has meant a lot to the people from his hometown of Milwaukee. Even an old Milwaukee "headbanger" like me still gives props to Al for being a wonderful musician and ambassador for Milwaukee, and the state of Wisconsin. Get well soon Al!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back