TH's friends claim LE "has probable cause to arrest TH"

nurseratchett

"Luck is the residue of design"
Reaction score
In this KATU video at ~ 2:15 reporter states one of the friends who underwent a polygraph on Thursday 7/22 says LE told her they already have probable cause to arrest Teri Horman on both MFH and dissapearance of Kyron charges...:waitasec:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/99151549.html?tab=video

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

AND....DA needs more money now, but MCSo not so much.....

AND.....TH spent 9 hours at Barrister Houzes office today.....

Dreams CAN come true :)

sounds like a heavy shoe dropping to me

I'm thinking LE may have told this friend that they have probable cause to arrest TH to scare her & put pressure on her to cooperate i.e. answer any & all questions & take a poly. It sounds like an LE tactic to me. Looks like it worked, because the friend cooperated fully. MOO

I'm thinking LE may have told this friend that they have probable cause to arrest TH to scare her & put pressure on her to cooperate i.e. answer any & all questions & take a poly. It sounds like an LE tactic to me. Looks like it worked, because the friend cooperated fully. MOO

Could it be that they tipped their hand (LE) to put friend at ease that her/his testimony would be appreciated but not critical to the outcome (we know better) :angel:

I think we're getting there folks. :D Lotta leaking going on here. Protection of witness identity. Throwing an alleged accomplice under the bus (Dede). Planned Tuesday LE presser. And everything nurseratchett metions above.

It's GJ time! (I hope.) :woohoo:

I really hope the police have enough evidence to force a revelation about Kyron's whereabouts and what happened to him.

Could it be that they tipped their hand (LE) to put friend at ease that her/his testimony would be appreciated but not critical to the outcome (we know better) :angel:

Oh, I believe LE told this friend they have probable cause to arrest TH. I have no doubt whatsoever they told her that.

I know of cases where LE has told a suspect they have a witness (when in fact they didn't) in order to get the suspect to confess.

IMO, LE used the "probable cause" claim in order to gain the cooperation of this friend, and it apparently worked because the friend consented to a poly after several hours of being interviewed.

I just doubt the veracity of the claim. MOO

I think we're getting there folks. :D Lotta leaking going on here. Protection of witness identity. Throwing an alleged accomplice under the bus (Dede). Planned Tuesday LE presser. And everything nurseratchett metions above.

It's GJ time! (I hope.) :woohoo:

I so hope, and honestly, after repeatedly watching the Fireflies song (one of Kyrons favorites) on Youtube over and over while browsing thru pics of Kyron for the last 45 minutes, I need something to hope for.

:beagle-flip:

If it is true, why has she not been arrested yet? If they believe they have enough to arrest/convict her, why wait and give her the opportunity to flee or commit suicide? Unless they no longer believe Kyron is alive and her giving up info leading to his safe return is no longer a possibility.

It sounds like LE is trying to obtain information from the two people who may provide them with clues, leading to evidence. If the third woman, DD S has obtained an attorney and isn't talking, LE might obtain enough evidence to strike a plea deal with DD S, if she was in any way an accomplice or accessory.

At this point in time, LE is not going to arrest and charge anyone unless they have everything lined up and are prepared.

Nine hours at her attorney's office???? ((wish I could have been a fly on that office wall):waitasec:

Nine hours at her attorney's office???? ((wish I could have been a fly on that office wall):waitasec:

I just would not want to be that attorney.

9 hours is not suggesting it was about something mundane. Maybe someone reported the wrong info, or TH needed to be in the office so as not to be near someone else for that specific day? Or, just going through all those phone, text, computer records and verifying. IDK.

It would be interesting if we could input from an attorney regarding the ''length'' of her visit - (to say it is unusual is gross understatement) --

Good lord if nine hours is correct I just had a KC deja vu. <shakes it off>

Good lord if nine hours is correct I just had a KC deja vu. <shakes it off>

EEwww.. Makes my skin crawl remembering Casey strutting around in daisy duke short shorts, those hideous big ol' white framed sunglasses(which BTW ended up being one the items shown on Target video that Casey had used stolen checks to purchase)... All that and thinking about her with her feet kicked up on Baez's desk, flirting her butt off with him everyday for 8 hour periods of time, being taken and dropped off at Baez's office and then picked up and taken back home everyday by Lee in his black Mustang with the tinted windows....
BLAAHHH:sick:, Her strutting out to the car with that sick little smirk that said"OMG! I'm loving this! I'm like a movie star, I'm sooo HOTT and who cares that my baby's dead.. Caylee who??"

Sorry went on the Casey rampage but Kat brought up some disgusting memories of Casey that I just had to get of my chest..
Ok now back to Terri's so called friends...

That was exactly my instant reaction lol. If the person was hesitant to cooperate - maybe hesitant to take the poly - LE can lie to get someone to talk. And that sort of thing is a common ruse LE uses to get someone to talk. "We have probable cause on so-and-so, and you're going down with them, unless you take the poly and clear yourself."

A fishing expedition with two things to catch. Details these friends know that they don't know are key, and as an extra bonus, and thanks to the nature of the thought-provoking questions, more isolation for TMH from those was-been friends who up to now still thought she was being railroaded.

This Q&A from LE (Staton) may be taken as denying LE told Kaine there was probable cause, as he wrote on the RO:

Jung: "And is there anything in terms of Kaine's decision to get divorced from Terri Horman &#8212; the statement that was released suggested that there was information revealed by investigators that lead to that breakup. Is there anything you can tell me about if they had met with Kaine to brief him about the investigation and is there anything that you know of that led to that?"

Staton: "That I can't comment on. I &#8212; I don't believe there's anything indication that would lead me to believe that, but I can't comment on that."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_investigation_tra.html

Hard for me to believe LE would tell a friend if they really did have probable cause. I wonder if they might have been simiply explaining to the friend what probable cause is, in relation to the search warrant they got to search his/her home.

Just a note - the thread title says "friends" said LE told them about probable cause. Just listened to the video. It says "friend" - one friend. No idea if that's significant, if they had to tell that to one person for a reason, but not to the others.

This Q&A from LE (Staton) may be taken as denying LE told Kaine there was probable cause, as he wrote on the RO:

Jung: "And is there anything in terms of Kaine's decision to get divorced from Terri Horman — the statement that was released suggested that there was information revealed by investigators that lead to that breakup. Is there anything you can tell me about if they had met with Kaine to brief him about the investigation and is there anything that you know of that led to that?"

Staton: "That I can't comment on. I — I don't believe there's anything indication that would lead me to believe that, but I can't comment on that."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_investigation_tra.html

Hard for me to believe LE would tell a friend if they really did have probable cause. I wonder if they might have been simiply explaining to the friend what probable cause is, in relation to the search warrant they got to search his/her home.

I think it might have been a coercion tactic to make the friend cooperate, to imply that LE has more than they actually do, but I HOPE that it is true and they're moving towards an arrest.

But IMO what the friend stated and what Kaine stated are different. Kaine never said that LE have probable cause to arrest Terri, he said he has probable cause to believe she's into something shady.

"I believe respondent is involved in the disappearance of my son Kyron who has been missing since June 4, 2010. I also recently learned that respondent attempted to hire someone to murder me,'' Kaine Horman wrote in his petition. "The police have provided me with probable cause to believe the above two statements to be true."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/judge_releases_restraining_ord.html

It has been some time since the restraining order was petitioned for and I suppose it is possible that LE could have more evidence to support an arrest now than they used to have then.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back