Hi new to this forum.....my thoughts on the Routier case

misspriss26

Reaction score
Hello! I am new to this forum but no stranger to the Darlie Routier case as I have followed it for years now. I have enjoyed reading many of your posts and am happy to try to contribute!

I believe she is guilty for several reasons (in no particular order):

The cement beneath the carpet where one of the boys lay dead...an indenture was found. The killer had such rage that this little boy was (sorry for the graphic aspect) stabbed all the way through his body, the knife
piercing the carpet, padding and leaving a mark in the cement.....yet she has slash-like injuries? No way. :snooty: The boys were the killer's intended target.

There was evidence that after Damon crawled away he was later finished off. The knife was put down and the outline was seen on the carpet. Darlie wants us to beleive that she slept through that?? What I'm saying
is we are not talking about quietly killing 2 sleeping kids here. He didn't die right away. He crawled away. Someone had to put the knife down (obviously to struggle with him or pin him down). This poor baby had to be screaming and fighting (this will also explain Darlie's arm bruises). Damon also had bruised heels and other defense wounds. Regardless, he fought and fought hard with SOMEONE....yet she didn't wake up?

No intruder breaks into a house unarmed hoping a weapon will be waiting unless it's a burglary, rape, etc. This was clearly a "go in and kill" type crime. These crimes do happen but Darlie wouldn't be here to talk about it. Knife wounds would have peirced through her entire body as well. She also would have been the first one killed. Darin and Drake probably wouldn't be here either. There was no burglary or rape....

What strikes me very odd is that if I awoke to a stranger in my house I would *immediately* scream for my husband. We are supposed to believe this frail little woman simply FOLLOWED the intruder? She sees that he dropped a knife (does she yell out yet? nope) she then picks it up BUT DOESN'T HOLD ONTO IT!!! I don't know which is harder to swallow, the so-called "intruder" disarming himself as a grown up is walking right behind him ("he" knows she's alive because "he" would have heard Damon and Darlie speaking to each other, right? According to her testimony she and Damon were speaking to each other as Darlie followed the intruder. Oh but he doesn't turn around and kill her....instead he drops the knife....riiight).

Her lies are obvious. If Damon was walking and talking to her as she says then what about the evidence that he crawled on the floor? She says she told him to lay down. Again....what about the knife outline? That was found near the spot he was laying there dying, not the initial spot he was attacked.

What mother wouldn't be throwing herself all over those boys hysterically trying to help? I don't care if you have first aid or cpr training.....she would have done something! Other than hold pressure to her own neck. At least hug them! Oh soooo sad!!!

Let's talk about her antisocial behaviors. There are many so I will touch on a few. See, a psychopath has problems conforming with social norms. That will explain all the odd behaviours (silly string, gangstas paradise song played at the funeral, knives placed in the casket, etc). Also, when she
returned to the house of carnage for the first time she was MAD that the police messed up her house with the fingerprint dust!! Those jerks! How dare they mess up her house while trying to find the man who slaughtered her kids! Supposedly she said "Just look at this mess, I'm going to get new
carpet, new drapes and fix this place up!". Who would ever want to live there again let alone redecorate? Did she shed a tear when she returned there? No. A normal mother would have collapsed in that house having to return there! And did she cry during her trial as autopsy photos were shown? No. When all the details were rehashed? No. But she cried when she found out her private letters were obtained and read in court. The judge actually asked her if she was ok! (Again, this waswhen she was crying over her privacy being violated!!!) She never cried except for herself, never for those boys!

Her claims that her mouth "felt raw" made no sense. She had no injuries inside or outside of her mouth. I also
think the cast off blood on the back of her nightshirt, her breadknife being the one to cut the screen, the
washed out sink and cabinet speaks volumes!

I have read a lot of the trial transcripts and as for those letters she wrote her family (the ones
she cried about above)....wow she had so many versions of what happened! Yet on the stand she had the mantra of "I don't remember".

Also, what about Barbara Davis changing her opinion? So weird!

My theory is Darlie was unstable, sick of her life, depressed, and clearly a psychopath (no empathy,
no conscious - seeing objects not people). She is also a histrionic, craving attention.
The marital and finacial problems had been mounting.
She was acting super strange (more than normal) in the months leading up to the murders and
the day of the murders she was even more deranged (note Basia's testimony about her neglect and near
suffocation of Drake earlier that day). She had been thinking about killing those boys for weeks and
that night she snapped. The throat cutting? You wouldn't believe the things people like Darlie do to
themselves for attention (I'm an ER nurse and see it pretty often, sadly).

On my last note I will say that I find it so deplorable....all the she was Mary Poppins, etc that her defense team served up. Yeah while using f-bombs to order her kids around, letting toddlers roam far from home and locking them outside. Lovely lady. :furious: Also, there is this website I came across where you can buy items from famous inmates. They had super flirty letters from Darlie to other men. She doesn't mention her boys.

Also does anyone know Drake's relationship with her today? He has a facebook and I noticed he is not a fan of some of the pages Darlie Kee is (such as freedarlie, etc). As he gets older will he look into the evidence? I wonder what his friends think.....

Anyway, glad I found this site!! :heart:
Sorry so long but I had pretty much to say....I am heading to work and hope that there will be some responses when I log back on tonight! : )

You have summed it up for me! Thank you! I check this forum every day and always enjoy such details reiterated. I firmly believe that she is guilty. I am local and remember the terror and then disgust very well.

Welcome to WS! Great people here.

Author Diane Fanning has a new commentary posted on Women In Crime Ink. Hi, Diane! She expresses some doubts about Darlie's guilt. I enjoyed reading her thoughts. BUT, the primary reason for this post is the continuing misinformation that is posted in the comments under Diane's article. The same ol'. Check it out if you are interested. I believe, as stated in other posts here, firmly, Darlie is guilty, and that she really did not have any facts to dispute the state's case.

Hi Misspriss and welcome. I have always thought Darlie was guilty for many different reason, but I would like to correct one bit of info. Neither boy was stabbed completely through the body and into the carpet and into the floor. I think it was Devon who was stabbed thru the back rib cage and the knife hit the front rib bones on the inside, but there was no complete penetration of the body to the outside. Keep posting we love new members.

In the book Precious Angels, it says that in the very end of the book. Anyaway....thank you! I really enjoy this site!

Hello! I am new to this forum but no stranger to the Darlie Routier case as I have followed it for years now. I have enjoyed reading many of your posts and am happy to try to contribute!

The cement beneath the carpet where one of the boys lay dead...an indenture was found. The killer had such rage that this little boy was (sorry for the graphic aspect) stabbed all the way through his body, the knife
piercing the carpet, padding and leaving a mark in the cement.....yet she has slash-like injuries? No way. :snooty: The boys were the killer's intended target.

I just wanted to say that this did not happen. The autopsy photo of Devon shows no wounds to his back and Damon's shows no wounds to his chest or stomach. Other than that, I wholeheartedly agree with your post. I too believe Darlie has a histrionic personality disorder and that she emotionally detached from the boys long before they were killed.

Welcome aboard, we are happy to have you contribute!

I'm with you on her guilt

I don't participate here much but I do lurk once in awhile

she put knives in the caskets? :eek:

Darin put Swiss Army knives in the caskets because the boys had always wanted them. Very odd and creepy considering they died by way of a knife.

As for the stabbings....why did Barbara Davis say this in her book (Precious Angels, page 307?) :waitasec: So many other things were 100% accurate with the court transcripts :banghead:

Oh well, thanks for pointing out the truth! That particular detail has freaked me out for years!

Hi Miss Priss! :seeya:

Great first post and I totally agree with you.

I never really believed there was an intruder, either. There have been no similar break-ins or murdered children here in the last 14 years. Darlie didn't get the death penalty for nothin'.

Do you believe Darin slept through all this?

Good point! I for one have always found it hard to believe he stayed asleep. And then stood by Darlie despite the absolute TONS of evidence against her. Poor Drake, I hope he has found happiness and peace in his life somehow...

snipped by puf...

Wow, misspriss, this post says it all. You discuss some stuff I knew about, and some stuff I didn't know about. I see I have a lot of research to do on this topic.

Thanks for this post.

Misspriss
you have a lot of facts incorrect. I suggest reading the trial transcripts, the appeals, the autopsy reports, and avoiding internet chat rooms where the evidence is made up or expounded to the point of falsehood. Remember the books written about the case are meant to line the pockets of the authors, much misinformation is available in several books both pro and con on this case. The best source for crime scene photos is a book called media tried justice denied. This book also contains fabrications so just like other info, other than trial transcripts etc., watch out for being led down the misinformation highway.
The heel bruising is called lividity. The process occurs after death.

I like web sleuths because they tend to stick to the facts and evidence that can be confirmed. It matters not which crime they discuss the posters seem to respect each other no matter which side they are on. When misinformation/information is posted everyone researches it and many posts links. Pro or Con what matters most is that the truth is discussed, no one wants to waste time or form opinions based on the wrong information. Welcome to the forums, I hope you feel welcome to post your opinions but you may find that some people here know the case inside and out and will not hesitate to correct misinformation. If this occurs please don't get offended as everyone is nice and they don't call you names or make you feel stupid. This is a great place to discuss all kinds of cases but I think you will find that crimes against children seem to be what tugs at most peoples hearts here. Welcome again and follow those links people post as they support the opinions of the posters and will take you to sources you never knew existed.

Misspriss
you have a lot of facts incorrect. I suggest reading the trial transcripts, the appeals, the autopsy reports, and avoiding internet chat rooms where the evidence is made up or expounded to the point of falsehood. Remember the books written about the case are meant to line the pockets of the authors, much misinformation is available in several books both pro and con on this case. The best source for crime scene photos is a book called media tried justice denied. This book also contains fabrications so just like other info, other than trial transcripts etc., watch out for being led down the misinformation highway.
The heel bruising is called lividity. The process occurs after death.

I like web sleuths because they tend to stick to the facts and evidence that can be confirmed. It matters not which crime they discuss the posters seem to respect each other no matter which side they are on. When misinformation/information is posted everyone researches it and many posts links. Pro or Con what matters most is that the truth is discussed, no one wants to waste time or form opinions based on the wrong information. Welcome to the forums, I hope you feel welcome to post your opinions but you may find that some people here know the case inside and out and will not hesitate to correct misinformation. If this occurs please don't get offended as everyone is nice and they don't call you names or make you feel stupid. This is a great place to discuss all kinds of cases but I think you will find that crimes against children seem to be what tugs at most peoples hearts here. Welcome again and follow those links people post as they support the opinions of the posters and will take you to sources you never knew existed.

With all due respect, I beg to differ, I don't see that he/she has a lot of things incorrect. Except for the knife through the body of Devon, I think he/she summed it up pretty well. Damon did move after he was stabbed the first time, he was then stabbed again in another area of the room. there is an imprint of the bloody knife in the carpet, etc. Absolutely no way was Damon up walking and talking...with six stab wounds in his lungs and liver..no way, this is patently false yet Darlie et al continue to float it.

WOW!!! Extremely impressive I must say misspriss26!! I love the way you put this into so few words.... I also have followed this case for many years and have been the thorn in many folks side, however, I must tell you that I love the way you speak/write so eloquently. I never heard about the the knives in the casket (creepy if actually true?) or super flirty letters as well as some other points you made. Thanks, I have been sitting on the fence for almost 10 years and you might have actually sold me on the GUILT side for once. Kudos!!! Ann :woohoo::twocents::waitasec:

I don't trust much of what Basia says as she is a nut case herself. If what was printed about her in MTJD is untrue she would have sued. Not Darlie or Darin but the author and most likely Darlie Kee who provided the author with leads and stories they had uncovered. Since CPS and the local PD keep records she can't deny what was written about her.
What bothers me about her is I think the Routiers were aware of her legal troubles yet continued to employ her and her daughter. Would you want that nut case and her family around your kids?

Doctors who specialize in diseases and disorders of the mind examined Darlie and found no evidence of mental illness, unlike Andrea Yates. Now that woman was OBVIOUSLY ILL.

Darin and Darlie are guilty of bad behavior, they were not the social norm and representing Darlie that way was stupid JMO.

DDI scenario aside people do break into houses all the time without a weapon. John Douglas discusses this FACT in several crimes he solved. In Rowlett at the time of the murders a perp was breaking into homes and using the victims own kitchen knives against them. He was also gagging the victims with socks.
In a DDI scenario I have noticed that no one points out this fact as part of the staging. Could Darlie have heard about these crimes on the local news and decided to stage her crime to look like this perp did it?
In an IDI scenario the fact that similar crimes were committed in the area is used as proof the RPD did not investigate other possibilities other than the family.
The rawness of her mouth is purported to be from the sock being shoved down her throat.
I hope I pointed out what I think is misinformation here. The knife wound depths, the fact that crimes are committed everyday with victims own possessions (it happens with guns too), no evidence by skilled and qualified doctors of mental illness, the heel bruising is lividity,

It may be our opinions but deciding what is "normal" behavior is based on what
WE THINK WE MIGHT DO is stretching the limits. Behavior analysis should be left up to the professionals those people who hold PHD's and that we call doctors.

I am still on the fence about her guilt because the evidence for and against her is very compelling.
DDI- the night shirt blood stains - IDI- her camp says it was contamination that caused the stains.
DDI- the screen fibers IDI- once again the camp points to contamination before Lynch ever looked at the fibers- he did admit later contrary to his original testimony, he looked at the knives in question after they had been dusted.

JMO I think Darin is involved, either alone or with Darlie's help. The evidence cannot be neatly tied up with a workable time line unless she had an accomplice or IDI.

The time-line work just fine if Damon was stabbed in two different areas of the room. Darlie could have come back from the sock run and found that Damon had crawled from where he was sleeping to the doorway of the kitchen. She then had to stab him again there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back