THE 911 call

LadyL

Reaction score
I haven't seen much discussion about the 911 call to report Kyron missing. I've seen threads on the other 911 calls made from or near the residence after the fact but what I want to know about is THE 911 call.

I've seen it stated that Terri made it. I want to know what time it was made and from which phone (her cell/the house landline/the bus driver's cell?). I've read that Terri called the school and that Desiree called the school shortly after that.

I want to know the exact sequence of events after Kaine & Terri met the bus and realized Kyron was not on it. I'd like to get an explanation if possible from Kaine the next time questions are submitted.

Mostly I want to hear that 911 call if it was made by Terri. I don't suppose there's any chance the public will have access to it though? Can anyone in the know answer that?

MCSO POI timeline:

1) What time was 9-1-1 called?
Answer: BOEC received call at 1556 (3:56 p.m.). Dispatched to police units at 1559 (3:59 p.m.).

2) When did the first officers arrive on scene?
Answer: Portland Police Bureau and Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office units arrived at 1633 (4:33 p.m.) simultaneously at Skyline school and Kyron’s home.

3) Who made the call?
Answer: Skyline School secretary Susan Hall.

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom/Kyron_PIO_timeline.pdf

I wonder why they haven't released the 911 call to the media? :waitasec:

Maybe it gives timeline and / or witness' information LE doesn't want disclosed?

I mean ....

"Hi, Skyline elementary here. We have a missing child."

"When did he go missing?"

"We have no idea."

I can only imagine the conversation from that point...

=\

MCSO POI timeline:

1) What time was 9-1-1 called?
Answer: BOEC received call at 1556 (3:56 p.m.). Dispatched to police units at 1559 (3:59 p.m.).

2) When did the first officers arrive on scene?
Answer: Portland Police Bureau and Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office units arrived at 1633 (4:33 p.m.) simultaneously at Skyline school and Kyron’s home.

3) Who made the call?
Answer: Skyline School secretary Susan Hall.

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom/Kyron_PIO_timeline.pdf

thank you!

ok, so this lends itself to more questions

such as, why is a school secretary making the call & not the parents?

and, does it really take a 1/2 hour to respond to a missing child emergency (rhetorical)? my god, what a horribly long wait for parents

Credible sources have reported the 911 call coming from Skyline. If it were placed by Terri, I would be interested to hear it as well. Since I believe the call did come from Skyline, I'm not too interested in hearing the call. IMO it hasn't been released because it was a secondhand source without much pertinent information to go on....

I'd like to know if there was a call to 911 from Terri at all.......and if not, why???

I can see why TH called the school first if she is innocent of this crime. I once had my son not come home on the bus and I called the school first, of course! In my case, he decided to stay after school for some event and didn't bother to let his mother know about it. <rolling eyes>

I've actually wondered what would have happened if my situation would have been different and the school said he wasn't there all day. I would think BOTH of us would be calling 911, but who knows for sure?

I can see why TH called the school first if she is innocent of this crime. I once had my son not come home on the bus and I called the school first, of course! In my case, he decided to stay after school for some event and didn't bother to let his mother know about it. <rolling eyes>

I've actually wondered what would have happened if my situation would have been different and the school said he wasn't there all day. I would think BOTH of us would be calling 911, but who knows for sure?

scary as all get out
I can imagine a parent's heart literally stopping

ok, so here we have a school secretary making the call and the parents waiting about 1/2 hour for the police to show up ...

wild horses couldn't keep me from dialing 911 during that IMO excrutiating long wait

I could swear Kaine had said something somewhere that they (or terri?) had called 911. Perhaps there were simultaneous calls and the school was the first to get through; that would keep what the POI posted as being true, but side-step the question of if the parents called in as well.

thank you!

ok, so this lends itself to more questions

such as, why is a school secretary making the call & not the parents?

and, does it really take a 1/2 hour to respond to a missing child emergency (rhetorical)? my god, what a horribly long wait for parents

IIRC it was classed as a low priority call. So for some reason there was no urgency . There had to be a reason for that.

Also...

Kaine indicated in his interview(s) that they headed straight for the school, but Capt. Gates said in a PC something to the effect of the parents doing what parents would normally do, looking around, calling (or calling on) friends, that sort of thing.

I'd like to have that little bit of factoid clarified by LE.

I can't look for links now. I'll try to search them out when I"m not experiencing double vision :(

It's funny that you would start this thread, you must be psychic...

I was just contemplating about the 911 calls today.

Some of my questions have been answered now, but I too wonder why it wasn't released to the public.

I'm also 99.9% sure I heard Kaine state in an interview that Terri called 911 as well.

IIRC it was classed as a low priority call. So for some reason there was no urgency . There had to be a reason for that.

Seems I remember too there being mention of traffic delay or something to that effect (so turn on the siren ???).

I wonder what the secretary may have told the dispatcher that caused them to make it a low priority? Or what the parents may have said that led LE to believe there was no big hurry?

Kyron's stepmother met the school bus about 3:30 p.m., but the bespectacled 7-year-old wasn't aboard. She called Skyline, and the school secretary called 9-1-1.

The initial report was given the "lowest priority" rating by emergency dispatchers

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_may_have_s.html

Okay was looking for the link, on the call given lowest priority. Here it is and it seems strange a missing child would get low priority.

We need a dispatcher in here to make sure I have this right, but from the little bit of testing I took I understood that dispatchers are not allowed to determine priority levels on their own accord. There is protocol on how to prioritize calls and it is based on the information rec'd coupled with where the units are at the time and what priority levels that they are already handling. I think there are a lot more levels to making a priority decision than what we realize.

I want to hear that tape now!!! <stomping feet>

Maybe OT a bit (not sure at this point), but I wonder about Kaine's comment that he initially thought Kyron may have been confused and was waiting at school to be picked up for his special treat.

I'd like to know if he'd ever done anything like that before? Or if was he usually picked up from school on special days as well as being taken to school.

Gates said in the PC on the 5th that Kyron always rode the bus except on days where something special was going on---like the science fair; I'll have to go listen again to see if he was referring to Kyron being brought TO school or if he meant to and from school. If the parents conveyed that to LE, that may be another reason for the lack of urgency.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back