OH OH - Christopher Haas, 38, Crown City, 15 July 2010

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://wowktv.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=83421

Officers Searching for Missing Crown City Man
Posted Monday, July 26, 2010 ; 02:07 PM
Updated Monday, July 26, 2010; 02:16 PM

CROWN CITY, Ohio -- According to the Lawrence County Sheriff's Department, Christopher Haas, 38, of Crown City was last seen around 3 p.m. July 15.

Haas was wearing green army shorts, sandals and had a grey t-shirt with him. He is 5 feet 11 inches tall and 185 pounds. He has brown hair and hazel eyes.

Haas told family members he was on his way home but his car was found at John's Creek Trailhead the next day.

If you have any information on Christopher, please call the Lawrence County Sheriff's Department at 740-533-4373.
072610021342_haas1.jpg

http://www.irontontribune.com/news/2010/jul/27/public-must-help-locate-missing-man/

By Tribune Editorial Board | The Tribune
Published Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Someone knows what happened to Christopher L. Haas. Someone saw something or heard something that will help authorities solve this case.

It has been more than a week since the Lawrence County man has been seen at a Greasy Ridge gas station and then reported missing a few days later. His car was also found abandoned on a rural roadway.

--- On Fri, 7/22/11, Anonymous Tips <helpthesheriff@lawcoso.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: OH - Christopher Haas - 38 years old - Crown City - 15 July 2010
To: <redacted>
Date: Friday, July 22, 2011, 8:51 AM

XXXX XXXX,

I am sorry to say that Mr. Haas has not been found. Exhaustive searches were done at the time of his disappearance and several follow ups since then but unfortunately he has not been located. We do follow up on any and all leads.

I am sure the family would appreciate you remembering them in prayer if you are so inclined.

Thank you,

Sheriff Jeff Lawless

Continued prayers for Mr. Haas and his family! May they find answers and peace in the very near future.

This is an old article, from July 2010, but it states the location where Christopher L. Haas was last seen and gives a full description of his vehicle that LE found abandoned.

fran

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...arch-intensified-for-missing-man.html?sid=101

Haas was last seen at the R&R Grocery on Greasy Ridge at 4:30 p.m. Thursday, July 15. A friend, Harold White, reported Haas missing Sunday.

.........................snip...................................

The car, a 1992 tan Honda four-door, was searched by investigators from the Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation.

"We are conducting a search and following up some leads," Sheriff Jeff Lawless said yesterday morning.

There was nothing out of the ordinary found in the car, the sheriff said.

<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Was Mr. Haas an experienced hiker?

If so, had he previously trekked from that particular trailhead?

I'm curious about what he purchased at the grocery store. Maybe he was just up for a short hike to a quiet spot or something with the expectation to return by nightfall.

So sorry to hear a loved one is missing...

Thank you everyone!

I like to think that our interest in Mr. Haas is helping, even if it is just being aware that Mr. Haas is still missing.

He is now listed at NamUs.

Continued prayers for Mr. Haas, his family and friends.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Enforcement/Unsolved-Cases/Missing-Persons/Missing-People/Haas

Nickname or alias: Chris
Missing from: Scottown, Ohio
Missing since: 7/15/2010
Missing age: 37
Current age: 38
Date of birth: 12/14/1972
Race/Ethnicity: White
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 185
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Hazel

Details
Christopher Haas' car was found abandoned at Johns Creek on July 16, 2010. He was last seen at R&R Grocery on Greasy Ridge Road on July 15, 2010. He was wearing camouflage shorts, flip flops and had a blue shirt. The store surveillance video shows that he was not wearing the shirt at that time. He has a tattoo on his left arm and a pierced left ear. He usually wears eyeglasses.

Contact
Anyone with additional information or questions regarding this case should contact Lawrence County Sheriff's Office at (740) 532-3525.

Over the course of the last 6-8 months I have became closer to this situation. Someone asked if he was a known hitchhiker, no he was not. The family came in contact with me because I trained one of the dogs I was handling to search for human bones. One thing led to another I went out to the place where Chris was believed to be buried, the dog hit on a couple of spots. I contacted the appropriate authorities and nothing was ever done. I feel that missing people are not a priority in Lawrence County, OHio.

I know A LOT more on this situation and strongly believe that Chris was murdered but finding his body is the problem. I have names of parties involved, so so the police but they really aren't doing anything. They even have text messages from the suspect and events that took place.

His car was found at the trails but nothing was found in it. It is not far from the place we believe his body is located.

Over the course of the last 6-8 months I have became closer to this situation. Someone asked if he was a known hitchhiker, no he was not. The family came in contact with me because I trained one of the dogs I was handling to search for human bones. One thing led to another I went out to the place where Chris was believed to be buried, the dog hit on a couple of spots. I contacted the appropriate authorities and nothing was ever done. I feel that missing people are not a priority in Lawrence County, OHio.

I know A LOT more on this situation and strongly believe that Chris was murdered but finding his body is the problem. I have names of parties involved, so so the police but they really aren't doing anything. They even have text messages from the suspect and events that took place.

So you are saying that LE never followed up on your dog hits? They never went out and "dug" around the area?

So sad....

I swear LE never went out after I called, they didn't care and still do not. They questioned me more about my dog and his credentials than anything. Questioned me about my connection, maybe me feel guilty for even calling.

And as for the killer, you are a <modsnip>. I do know who you are, KARMA does follow close and I hope one day it allows us to watch.
Chris' Daddy just wants to give him a proper burial!

Hello Kyovacrimealerts and Welcome to Websleuths!

:greetings:

Thank you for caring so deeply about Mr. Haas.

Did you speak directly with Sheriff Lawless? I know from my (limited) communications with him that he seemed very interested in finding Chris, for his family!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back