Terri's Emails to Desiree

Etilema

Kind to the cruel = Cruel to the kind
Reaction score
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/terri_hormans_emails_to_kyron.html

On the day Kyron Horman vanished from Skyline School, stepmother Terri Moulton Horman exchanged several emails with the boy's mom.

But something was amiss.

Terri Horman's email updates on Kyron were brief, to the point, rather than the long, rambling missives that Desiree Young, the boy's mom, was accustomed to getting from her.

ETA: The article goes on to say that this is just one new detail that came out in an interview whose audio will be available late today.

At least she didn't email Desiree to tell her Kyron was missing...

I can see what Desiree means. I have one friend that if I get a short email, I know something is seriously wrong immediately.

If TH was emailing DY on a blackberry/iphone while DY was driving up to Portland after she'd been notified that Kyron was missing, it makes sense that the emails would be brief. Frantic situation, needing to update DY quickly, etc... JMO

My emails are so varied in length that there is no way you could think something was hinky. It's the content that would be the sign, IMO.

And I suppose if she'd have sent the "same rambling emails" she's always sent, someone would say she didn't react as though anything were affecting her, same old same old.

We don't know if these emails were before Kyron was realized missing or after. I have to wait for the video to be posted which probably won't run until after the news conference to decide what this may mean to me.

And I suppose if she'd have sent the "same rambling emails" she's always sent, someone would say she didn't react as though anything were affecting her, same old same old.
what exactly is the "same old same old"?

I'd like to know what time Terri sent these emails and if she can email from her phone.

That would mean a lot more to me than how long they were.

Let's face it... any deviation from Terri's normal behavior would be suspicious in the mom's eyes. But, I agree with Debs... if Terri had sent long, detailed emails, she would be accused of having no sense of urgency and acting like everything was okay when it clearly was not. I don't think she could do anything right, at that point.

On the day Kyron Horman vanished from Skyline School, stepmother Terri Moulton Horman exchanged several emails with the boy's mom.

The key words here are "on the day Kyron went missing." I would think Terri and Kaine were meeting with LE while Desiree was driving to Portland.

:waitasec: Why is this only coming out today? I have to file this one with the bee allergy and strawberry birthmark "oh by the way" ....

hmm, maybe just updates like Kyron's project looks great, Kyron was all excited, I took pictures so you can see it etc.

This sounds like these were emails sent prior to Kyron being discovered missing but, on June 4th...the day of the SF and maybe just to say...Hey, check out my FB, I posted a pic of Kyron with his project!

Just a guess...

Um, I thought these two didn't really like each other - or at least Desiree didn't like TH? So why not shut down these long chatty emails a long time ago?

The key words here are "on the day Kyron went missing." I would think Terri and Kaine were meeting with LE while Desiree was driving to Portland.

:waitasec: Why is this only coming out today? I have to file this one with the bee allergy and strawberry birthmark "oh by the way" ....

It was something I read or heard right in the beginning. I think from a vid or interview with dy's local friend. Classified as rumor, I think, and no msm mention of it since then. Kind of like the dr. appt. business, imo.

And yet Terri took the time to write "long, rambling missives" about Kyron to Desiree. You don't spend time on something if you don't care about it, IMHO.

So even the length of Terri's e-mails are suspect now? Again, the more the feelings of the parents, and perhaps even LE, rely and are shaped by nitpicks such as this, the more I doubt they've got any real evidence against Terri, and that makes me continue to question whether or not Terri is guilty.

Clearly the gist of this is the emails came BEFORE TH knew Kyron was missing.
that's the point

And clearly the gist of it is that Desiree wants people to know she had that "mother's instinct" right away, like she said in the Dateline episode last night. She seems to constantly have to reinforce that she had any sort of mothering instinct where her child was concerned.

I did notice that she was once again sans Kyron Is Missing Teeshirt like Tony and Kaine were sporting.

hmm, maybe just updates like Kyron's project looks great, Kyron was all excited, I took pictures so you can see it etc.

Yes, running errands, baby is fussy, here is a quick pic for ya'!

Um, I thought these two didn't really like each other - or at least Desiree didn't like TH? So why not shut down these long chatty emails a long time ago?

I imagine she wanted to hear about Kyron's life and perhaps Terri and Kaine's as well.

If my child spent a lot of his time away from me I'd gladly read emails from people I don't love to stay up to date (and if there is any reason to worry about my child or his circumstances it helps to have a lot of contact with his caretakers).

I don't think this information means much to us without reading the actual emails and getting a feel of her usual writing style and comparing it to the latest missives. It could be significant - but we have no way to assess it.

The innocent explanation is that she didn't have much time to write and had to send off just a brief reminder or something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back