Has this turned into a reality show?

Chewy

Reaction score
I was thinking about this case a lot. I'm new to websluething but for some reason this case really bothered me. As the case has gone on I'm feeling very disturbed by the way DY and KH are using the media to prosecute TH in the court of public opinion.

On the one hand it is understandable for them to use the media to pressure TH to get information. However so much of what is coming out has nothing to do with finding Kyron and it's leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm wondering if this is going to go down in history as the first "reality show" child abduction where the gossip and drama has usurped finding the child. I'm upset that even I participating in this unfolding by speculating about TH when I don't know anything about these people.

Personally I've had it with all the high drama and Springer rejects.

I was thinking about this case a lot. I'm new to websluething but for some reason this case really bothered me. As the case has gone on I'm feeling very disturbed by the way DY and KH are using the media to prosecute TH in the court of public opinion.

On the one hand it is understandable for them to use the media to pressure TH to get information. However so much of what is coming out has nothing to do with finding Kyron and it's leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm wondering if this is going to go down in history as the first "reality show" child abduction where the gossip and drama has usurped finding the child. I'm upset that even I participating in this unfolding by speculating about TH when I don't know anything about these people.

Welcome to WS. :biggrin:
If it would make you feel better you can visit Caylee or Haleigh's forums. This is cake compared to those forums at this stage. It's also got more class. JHMO.

They all have a very soap opera / reality-show feeling to watch unfold, yes. The WS component gives it the feeling of addictive on-line gaming or something too. :cow:

If it would make you feel better you can visit Caylee or Haleigh's forums.

Respectfully snipped.

NO JOKE! Poor little Caylee was nothing but a platform for her family to stand on to gain fame... or infamy. I don't think that's the case here; DY, TY, and KH aren't seeking publicity, they are simply doing everything they can think of that might help get their child back. Perhaps some of their actions are ill-advised, but they're desperate. They're not worried about offending anyone's sensibilites, they're worried about Kyron. I can't say that I'd do anything much differently than they have, to be honest.

:cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow:

I don't get the feeling that they are so worried about Kyron to be honest. I mean I know obviously that they are. However I'm seeing lots of red herrings thrown out there. Why for example would KH go after the money that TH used to pay her attorney. I've said this before that it is quite obvious that their attacks on TH have only served to shut her down completely. Revealing private information about TH does nothing to encourage her to come forward or encourage others who might know something to get involved. They are being ripped through the shredder. I can see if someone who might know something will not say one word because of the way it is being handled.

Hi and Welcome! :wave:

I have been trying not to use the phrase "early days" too much, because it upsets people who want this case resolved immediately and for Kyron to reappear and come back home to his cozy bedroom. :( I'm not sure if that is ever going to happen. I think he is a victim of a crime.

Therefore, to me, this case is in early days and we are getting our first glimpses of what the defense and prosecution might be like if TH is ever charged with a crime against Kyron.

While people may think we need to get the focus to get back to Kyron, I would say that no one here ever forgets about the victim even while we are talking about lurid secrets and details of people's lives. That's the nature of crime - you turn over a rock and you might see almost anything. We can't talk about a missing child and assume that the police have all the wrong suspects. I'm on the side of the police and believe they do their best to get the right person. I'm on the side of the victim and the Prosecution, not the defense.

I could name several other cases that were much worse personal soap operas, and just as sad and depressing from the beginning: Chandra Levy (my first obsession here), Danielle Van Damm, Madeleine McCann and of course Caylee Anthony.

Because of the internet, thee crimes get such scrutiny into people's lives.

Every move they make is picked up on by the media.

They are doing what they think is right for their lives, which quite frankly, are not for us to decide.

It's a reality show because we have chosen to participate in it.

I'm just waiting for Terri to flee and then see her capture on the Dog the Bounty Hunter show. ACK!

I'm just waiting for Terri to flee and then see her capture on the Dog the Bounty Hunter show. ACK!
She would be lucky if Dog found her first. The FBI might not be so forgiving and I doubt they would joke around with her.

Respectfully snipped.

NO JOKE! Poor little Caylee was nothing but a platform for her family to stand on to gain fame... or infamy. I don't think that's the case here; DY, TY, and KH aren't seeking publicity, they are simply doing everything they can think of that might help get their child back. Perhaps some of their actions are ill-advised, but they're desperate. They're not worried about offending anyone's sensibilites, they're worried about Kyron. I can't say that I'd do anything much differently than they have, to be honest.

:cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow:

ITA all they ever say is "this is about Kyron". I admire them for actually being able to put their differences aside for the time being and unite as a family to bring that sweet boy home. It's very obvious to me that both parents love him very much. :cow:

Reality television is much too scripted to be this weird.

I agree with you, except I do believe that they are definately worried about Kyron.

I can't say how I would handle things if I was ever in a situation as horrible as this, but I do think some major mistakes are being made on both LE's and the family's part.

I do think that KH is going after the money because he feels like if he finds out where the money came from, it will ultimately reveal a tie to Kryon's disappearence.

I personally think that it would have been a better tactic for them to stay together in the family home. I don't believe that she was going to try to have Kaine offed during this investigation, when she knew that they were being watched so closely.

I think that putting all of this pressure on her and having the family do all of the talking and implicating her in the media is counter productive. I think that everyone should have faked that they believed her and let her slip up and implicate herself. All this ended up doing was make her lawyer up and stay silent and with a really big time lawyer at that!

I don't get the feeling that they are so worried about Kyron to be honest. I mean I know obviously that they are. However I'm seeing lots of red herrings thrown out there. Why for example would KH go after the money that TH used to pay her attorney. I've said this before that it is quite obvious that their attacks on TH have only served to shut her down completely. Revealing private information about TH does nothing to encourage her to come forward or encourage others who might know something to get involved. They are being ripped through the shredder. I can see if someone who might know something will not say one word because of the way it is being handled.

I offer up another consideration:

Their family situation IS reality for them. Kyron missing is also a reality. The restraining order, the fact that TMH was the last seen with the child, and the current grand jury hearing some sort of testimony surrounding TMH is a reality.

The part that makes it a show is that the whole world is watching the case unfold.

Kaine and DY are damned if they do and damned if they don't answer reporters questions it seems. They just want their son back imhoo and firmly believe that TMH has answers.

MOO

Ever think perhaps KH may suspect the money she claims she paid for her attorney may be in someway connected to Kyron's disappearance? And IMHO, I don't think applying pressure to TMH is the reason she isn't talking..I'm more inclined to believe she isn't talking because she is guilty as HELL-O and doesn't want to talk.. And she wouldn't reveal what really happened even IF no pressure had ever been applied to her...

Let me add..IMHO. I suspect KH, DY and TY are extremely worried and heart sickened they do not know where their son is...JMHOOTS.

Ever think perhaps KH may suspect the money she claims she paid for her attorney may be in someway connected to Kyron's disappearance?

I had thought about that as well. Two things come to my mind, one is - she's pretty industrious to come up with 350K in a short amount of time, which says something about her character (i.e. how she could make Kyron "disappear.") and two - She seems pretty steadfast on not revealing the source of the money. If the money didn't come from her family and it came from another person, who is this person and what is their relationship (and has this person met Kyron?)?

it all has to do with finding Kyron if TH is doing things that are counterproductive to that goal

JMO

I once heard Marc Klaas talk about his experience with the media. At first, he shunned them when Polly was abducted. Then he learned the benefit of meeting with them and keeping Polly in the forefront. He said it is a mixed blessing.

My friend who is the mother/grandmother of Jennifer and Adrianna Wix has often said she wished the media would pick up the girls' case and hasn't had any success. She would love to be on the media ride, believe me. She feels it would help find the girls.

She's not been arrested and charged. There's nothing to prevent her from leaving.

From the very first time the family appeard in public, the family reactions were video taped and profilers were watching.

In my opinion this is a police tactic being used to shake people up in the hopes that someone is going to break. And if they don't, the constant irritation is going to continue. The next move I see are possible civil actions against friends of Terri, or even Terri herself. These are all ways to get answers that are not willingly given.

There is a small cluster of people who I believe know that they could be in a world of trouble if they don't start cooperating. Maybe they haven't been named, but I believe there are other Dede's out there.

I also believe there is a reason for all of these motions to be filed. They want to force Terri to go under oath and be questioned. Houze is going to try to stop that from happening, but these constant irritants are going to keep Houze constantly busy and Terri under constant pressure.

This is not unlike other cases. I think the difference here is that Kaine is rock hard determined as is Desiree , to not give up on that pressure on Terri. I personally think that it is a positive way for Kaine and Desiree to work toward Kyron being found.

This case is however, more civilized than we see in many other cases. The family is using the justice system to assert the pressure, and that is OK by me. What else can they do? Sitting home crying sure isn't going to bring Kyron back.

Reality Show? Not for our viewing pleasure that is for sure. This is real life pain and suffering and two bio-parents who are saying I'm not going to take this lying down.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back