Kaine wishes the MFH plot would have gone through

SurfieTX

Reaction score
Kaine Horman: I feel responsible. I feel guilty. It’s my job to protect him, it’s my job to be there for him. I was there for him and someone got past and got him on my watch. I’m very upset about it, I’m very emotional about it. It’s not right. It shouldn’t have happened. We all trusted her. I feel partly responsible.

I in a weird way, I almost wish that her plot that she originally put in place [allegedly, to hire a landscaper to kill Kaine] would have gone through, because he would still be here. So I live with that guilt every day, and you know what, I turn it around, and I [make] it into something positive to go help find him. … I’m not saying I feel directly responsible for it, but I feel really guilty about it. And I wish there was anything I could do to change places with him in any way, shape or form. My life to get him back, it doesn’t matter. I would do anything, I would give anything, and I always would. Up to this point I have always been there in that capacity. Anything bad that happens to him, I wish I could shoulder it for him, [that] I could take it away from him. I wish it would come to me instead of him. It just didn’t go that way this time, and I really wish it would have.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/29/kyron-horman-update-kaines-feelings-about-decision-to-marry-stepmom/

I wonder why he believes that if he would have died, Kyron would still be here?

That is beyond sad, Im thinking Terri was hoping Kaine would have commited suicide over Kyron being gone, then she would have been free of the both of them JMO

Snipped by me...

Because if he was dead, I'm sure he believes Kyron would've gone to live with Desiree.

Kaine Horman: I feel responsible. I feel guilty. It’s my job to protect him, it’s my job to be there for him. I was there for him and someone got past and got him on my watch. I’m very upset about it, I’m very emotional about it. It’s not right. It shouldn’t have happened. We all trusted her. I feel partly responsible.

I in a weird way, I almost wish that her plot that she originally put in place [allegedly, to hire a landscaper to kill Kaine] would have gone through, because he would still be here. So I live with that guilt every day, and you know what, I turn it around, and I [make] it into something positive to go help find him. … I’m not saying I feel directly responsible for it, but I feel really guilty about it. And I wish there was anything I could do to change places with him in any way, shape or form. My life to get him back, it doesn’t matter. I would do anything, I would give anything, and I always would. Up to this point I have always been there in that capacity. Anything bad that happens to him, I wish I could shoulder it for him, [that] I could take it away from him. I wish it would come to me instead of him. It just didn’t go that way this time, and I really wish it would have.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07...nes-feelings-about-decision-to-marry-stepmom/

I get the impression that he's thinking whatever happened to Kyron was done to hurt him (Kaine.)

He must feel like her motive is to hurt him (Kaine) and that since she couldn't kill him - she would hurt him in some other way.

Not that she is really out to hurt Kyron - but it's her twisted way of hurting him.

I can see how he would think that if the MFP had been carried out that Kyron might still be safe w/ DY and TY. You just never know though. I would feel the exact same way. Can you imagine the guilt that would come along w/ the fact that you brought someone into your child's life that could end up taking your child away from you?

Thanks for the opinions. It kind of firms up a few things in my mind. One, Kaine really, really believes she did try to hire someone. Two, he really, really thinks she wanted to hurt him (Kaine) for some reason and third, it speaks to motive when/if Terri is ever charged.

He must feel like her motive is to hurt him (Kaine) and that since she couldn't kill him - she would hurt him in some other way.

Not that she is really out to hurt Kyron - but it's her twisted way of hurting him.

.....and she surely succeeded in hurting him in the worst way possible....(IMO)

Poor Kaine. :( My heart aches for him. I have no doubts that is how I would feel if I was in his place-what parent wouldn't gladly sacrifice themselves for the sake of their child?

I am worried for him in the future. I hope he can stay strong for Baby K.

I can see how he would think that if the MFP had been carried out that Kyron might still be safe w/ DY and TY. You just never know though. I would feel the exact same way. Can you imagine the guilt that would come along w/ the fact that you brought someone into your child's life that could end up taking your child away from you?

ITA...and cannot even begin to imagine the guilt he is feeling now.

I hope they're getting some counseling.

Very sad. My heart breaks for him. If this is what she wanted, how sick and disgusting. A child's life meant nothing more to her than a tool to hurt someone with. I am just nauseated right now.

And that one comment under the article was WAY harsh. Wow. I'm glad we don't say stuff like that at WS.

I hope they're getting some counseling.

It appears so (from the same linked article) http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/29/kyron-horman-update-kaines-feelings-about-decision-to-marry-stepmom/

"Desiree Young: I think that all of us in this case that’s close to Kyron, all of us feel guilty to a certain degree about what it is that we’re going to feel guilty about. … I’ve been told by my counselor it’s very healthy and normal. It doesn’t feel normal, it doesn’t feel healthy, but you know, I feel guilty I wasn’t here to protect him. And that’s our job is to protect our son, and I feel like I failed in that."

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/29/kyron-horman-update-kaines-feelings-about-decision-to-marry-stepmom/

Second guessing oneself when things go awry is horribly human. KH, DY, TY..the grandparents...maybe, even TH are obviously suffering from the same things we would feel--with all the fraiities inherent in OUR shared limitations of the human condition. IMO these people were working to insure that Kyron knew he was loved, important to them, smart, happy, special, and all the "stuff" we parents wish for our kids, too.

IMO KH is the stereotypical left-brain, analytical type of guy who is out-of-touch with the subtleties of human emotions. I was pleased to read that DY is seeing a counselor, and I certainly hope KH is too.

They're struggling; it's a journey of emotions, learning, pain, revelations, and readjustment to a new world they've never experienced before--with or without Kyron. It's much easier IMO to cast aspersions toward them and their choices than confront the horrible truth that in many ways we too are vulnerable and open to criticism and/or praise. They need support, information, and they need to find their son. :cow:

My heart goes out to him, poor guy. There was nothing he could have done to prevent this. The feeling of being so powerless must be agony, all the "what ifs" . It must be never-ending pain for him and Desiree, a parent's worst nightmare. I hope they get some comfort knowing they have love and support of so many others who want to see Kyron come home.

Sorry I was unclear. The WW article publishing some questions they posed to Kaine and Desiree were distasteful to me. The questions in my post were totally made up questions to illustrate the type of interview tactics I find disgusting in reporters of that ilk in general.

snipped below - a portion
WW: Kaine, people wonder if you feel badly for having brought Terri into the mix in the first place.

Kaine Horman: Every day.

How does that play out in your mind?

Kaine Horman: I feel responsible. I feel guilty. It’s my job to protect him, it’s my job to be there for him. I was there for him and someone got past and got him on my watch. I’m very upset about it, I’m very emotional about it. It’s not right. It shouldn’t have happened. We all trusted her. I feel partly responsible. I in a weird way, I almost wish that her plot that she originally put in place [allegedly, to hire a landscaper to kill Kaine] would have gone through, because he would still be here. So I live with that guilt every day, and you know what, I turn it around, and I [make] it into something positive to go help find him. … I’m not saying I feel directly responsible for it, but I feel really guilty about it. And I wish there was anything I could do to change places with him in any way, shape or form. My life to get him back, it doesn’t matter. I would do anything, I would give anything, and I always would.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07...nes-feelings-about-decision-to-marry-stepmom/

BBM

That is an extremely unfair question, I agree, and one that really needn't be asked, as I think we can all guess the answer since KH seems to believe TH killed his son.

Forcing him to admit, on record, in clear words, that he regrets ever having the mother of his other child in his life is really unfair to the whole family, IMO.

Nothing like a kick in the ribs when someone is down, eh?

ETA: Moved from other thread now that I have found this one.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back