Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Thread 16

Thread 15

Thread 14

Please remember the TOS rules.

Lots of off topic posts in the last thread. Please try to stay on track.

Also - link your post to the case (show the connection) or don't hit the post button.

Thanks

ETA: Ground Rules

Keep the discussion relevant to Stephany's murder. Treat Stephany's family with respect - they are victims also.

No name calling!

No discussion of Natalie or JonBenet or their families. There must be a clear connection between Stephany's murder and the cases of the other two girls, publicized in the mainstream media, before any discussion will be allowed.

The information regarding JVDS's dog and the homeless man MUST either be substantiated or dropped. At this point it appears this info is based on rumor/speculation. Show where the info comes from or drop it.

No disparaging remarks about JVDS's mother. You may discuss what has been printed, her quotes in the media, etc. You may NOT bash her. She too is a victim of her son's behavior.

As always - TOS applies. If you are having trouble, check the TOS forum. You will find a lot of info on threadequitte, dealing with other posters and the rules, long and short versions.

If you have questions - ask a mod before posting.

Thanks for your cooperation! And thank you for caring about Stephany.

Salem

"I saw the FBI report says that Natalee Holloway died while in the proximity of these boys of an overdose, heart attack, whatever it may be".. at about 1:57

[video=youtube;M-rbeKiZe6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-rbeKiZe6I[/video]

"I saw the FBI report says that Natalee Holloway died while in the proximity of these boys of an overdose, heart attack, whatever it may be".. at about 1:57

BILL & GERALDO NATALEE HOLLOWAY ARUBA RAPE AND MURDER CASE

"Whatever it may be" covers just about everything or anything as far as a speculative cause of death. Speculation (based on Joran's numerous and various lies) is all they can do since her body has never been discovered and no autopsy has been performed.

So, all this FBI report is stating is that she died of "whatever it may be" in the proximity of these boys. A fact we've known for five years.

Please connect the video, FBI comments to Stephany's case or delete them. This thread is for discussion of Stephany's murder. While the suspect has been named in other crimes, it is necessary to show a connection between the crimes if you want to discuss them.

Thanks,

Salem

"Whatever it may be" covers just about everything or anything as far as a speculative cause of death. Speculation (based on Joran's numerous and various lies) is all they can do since her body has never been discovered and no autopsy has been performed.

So, all this FBI report is stating is that she died of "whatever it may be" in the proximity of these boys. A fact we've known for five years.

Whaterver it may be comes from Bill O'Reilly, not the FBI.

I would agree with you however, that JVS is the one involved in this case as well as Stephany's and it is pertinent in that regard. Salem, if you feel you have to remove this, do it, or kindly move it over to the Holloway section, I leave it to your discretion, but I do think a discussion of the alleged perpetrator in Stephany's case is relevant, and in the past when we've had cases previous behavior of suspects has been discussed.

Since Gerald Dompig has stated this publicly, I would take it from this article below that O'Reilly's source is not Dompig. Notice they do not specify what drug.

Source: Natalee Holloway Died of Drug Overdose

Thank you suzihawk and FLNY for your reply to any "updates"!! :dance:
Can it REALLY take 4 months to go thru his computer??

Thank you suzihawk and FLNY for your reply to any "updates"!! :dance:
Can it REALLY take 4 months to go thru his computer??

It depends on how it is secured. When they go thru it they will try to find any hidden partitions and that can take awhile. Then if he had any encryption on the harddrive they have to try to crack the encryption. And don't forget about passwords.

If they think this guy was involved with human trafficking they are going to want to go through this computer with a fine tooth comb. Remember this isn't CSI Miami where they get a computer at 8am have all the encryption crack by noon, and the case wrapped up with a confession by the end of business.

It depends on how it is secured. When they go thru it they will try to find any hidden partitions and that can take awhile. Then if he had any encryption on the harddrive they have to try to crack the encryption. And don't forget about passwords.

If they think this guy was involved with human trafficking they are going to want to go through this computer with a fine tooth comb. Remember this isn't CSI Miami where they get a computer at 8am have all the encryption crack by noon, and the case wrapped up with a confession by the end of business.

This laptop may offer insight into Joran's private life. Im surprised he didn't ditch it (in pieces and destroy/bury the HD). Joran's computer life is a subject of its own linking everything up to Steph's death. I wonder how computer saavy he is?

This laptop may offer insight into Joran's private life. Im surprised he didn't ditch it (in pieces and destroy/bury the HD). Joran's computer life is a subject of its own linking everything up to Steph's death. I wonder how computer saavy he is?

Totalled agree jwarner! It will be interesting to find 'what' he has on his computer!
And thank you porkchop for your explanation!! I do realize it takes awhile to go thru his computer - I guess they should be careful getting EVERYTHING there is on it!!

http://tv.myway.com/prog.jsp?id=EP004611520040&s=201008042100&sid=10989&sn=E&st=201008042200&cn=48

48 E: Wednesday, August 4 10:00 PM
Talk

Joran van der Sloot
An in-depth look at two-time murder suspect Joran van der Sloot.

Original Air Date: Aug 04, 2010

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How many times did Anita say her "last interview"? This one sounds like it may be American also, the very media she didn't want to talk to and didn't trust. The power of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is irresistable.

There were no takers for Joran's offer of an interview for a million dollars, so Anita is going to do how many interviews so Joran can realize another winfall that will buy him special attention in Castro Castro? Is this lad never going to learn any consequences? He has been enabled for many years, making money off his victims, and now his mother makes money off the backs of Natalee and Stepheny? I don't know of any normal person who would use dead girls (son's victims) to rake in the money like that. I'm certainly happy that Anita believes in Karma.

Well, we will see what this new "story" has to contribute. It's likely that paying for a murder defense in Peru, and defending the extortion charges and whatever else is coming down the pike, is probably beyond AVDS's current means, as she is now a single parent. That doesn't make what she's doing any less repulsive, but I suppose that she will do whatever she can to defend her son, in the public view and in court. I don't like it, and other parents have fou d other ways to pay attorney costs, but I can (just barely) see why she does it.

I don't see where it says that Anita was interviewed specifically for this 'special'. I suspect the show is just a compilation of all the video that E News has compiled or paid for so far.

Can someone lead me to a better or more complete description of the show than "An in-depth look at two-time murder suspect Joran van der Sloot".

I don't see where it says that Anita was interviewed specifically for this 'special'. I suspect the show is just a compilation of all the video that E News has compiled or paid for so far.

Can someone lead me to a better or more complete description of the show than "An in-depth look at two-time murder suspect Joran van der Sloot".

Nope...that's all I could find, too! However, I did see that it was broadcast at 8 am yesterday, so I'll bet this is a rerun or just a repeat of previously aired information, as you suspected.

MOO

Well, we will see what this new "story" has to contribute. It's likely that paying for a murder defense in Peru, and defending the extortion charges and whatever else is coming down the pike, is probably beyond AVDS's current means, as she is now a single parent. That doesn't make what she's doing any less repulsive, but I suppose that she will do whatever she can to defend her son, in the public view and in court. I don't like it, and other parents have fou d other ways to pay attorney costs, but I can (just barely) see why she does it.

Well put, pg! Personally, I can't pretend I know what I would do if I were in AVDS' shoes. But with all the legal expenses that await JVDS, I doubt his mother is making enough to afford him a luxurious lifestyle in prison.

Well put, pg! Personally, I can't pretend I know what I would do if I were in AVDS' shoes. But with all the legal expenses that await JVDS, I doubt his mother is making enough to afford him a luxurious lifestyle in prison.

Very early in this affair it occurred to me maybe Joran was so far
over his head this time, that no amount of money and nothing could
pull him out, as practical reality. I suppose a mother hopes otherwise
instinctively. The media has literally abandoned the case, at least here
in the USA. True it will heat back up at some point, probably not to Joran's
advantage. Is there any new press coverage in Peru we aren't
aware of? What happened to Selena?

:waitasec:

Very early in this affair it occurred to me maybe Joran was so far
over his head this time, that no amount of money and nothing could
pull him out, as practical reality. I suppose a mother hopes otherwise
instinctively. The media has literally abandoned the case, at least here
in the USA. True it will heat back up at some point, probably not to Joran's
advantage. Is there any new press coverage in Peru we aren't
aware of? What happened to Selena?

:waitasec:

I've been watching the Peruvian news reports....nothing there either! This is kind of eerie!! :banghead:

The very fact that Joran was using his computer while on the run leads me to believe that he might not be that computer savvy. He could have been easily found with his internet activities. MOO

I've been watching the Peruvian news reports....nothing there either! This is kind of eerie!! :banghead:

While it's frustrating for those of us who are following this case, I am relieved that the press, particularily in the US, is no longer paying attention to Joran. He can't use them to make money and the Peruvian LE can now rest easy knowing that they are no longer on the world's stage. Joran can now be handled like any other defendant suspected of murdering one of their citizens if they so choose without having to make excuses for their own justice system.

I have no doubt that they are continuing to treat him as well as can be expected, however, or you can be assured we would likely be hearing about his situation from his mother and his lawyers and/or "legal advisors". I think they caught on that people were not that sympathetic to him and backed off on trying to start an international appeal for his "rights" via the media. They must have realized that the majority of the public were only sympathetic to Natalee and Stephany and their families. They will continue to persue it in the Peruvian court system no doubt though. What other defense strategy do they have really?

MOO

From the description on my Comcast guide:

"New, A profile of murder suspect Joran van der Sloot includes an interview with his mother, Anita van der Sloot. (2010), (Documentary)."

Tonight at 10pm, E! channel.

Since there's been no news on JVDS, I decided to look into his prison mate, Trujillo Ospina, to see if his case is proceeding as slowly....and found these interesting comments in one of the more recent articles:

"Alexander 'Hugo' Trujillo Ospina aka 'Clown,' currently resides in Castro,
Castro prison in a cell awaiting trial. His most recent cell block mate is Joran
van der Sloot, accused murderer of Stephany Flores Ramirez. Ospina has
refused to provide a formal statement to the Judge in his case, and has
complained of not having an attorney of his choice.

The two have reportedly been spending time together talking in a common area of their cell block.

Van der Sloot now has refused to provide a formal statement... and complains
about his choice of attorney.

It appears Ospina is coaching Van der Sloot in delaying tactics." :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

This is at the very bottom of the long article, just above the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer