Nightline Jul 30 2010 link+ Discussion

Interesting:

Desiree has "learned that there are horrible people in the world - that could be right next to you, and you don't even know it".

Kaine has "learned lots of things, have learned a lot about the human spirit with this and all the people with their outpouring of goodness".

Interesting:

Desiree has "learned that there are horrible people in the world - that could be right next to you, and you don't even know it".

Kaine has "learned lots of things, have learned a lot about the human spirit with this and all the people with their outpouring of goodness".

Very interesting dichotomy.

Very interesting dichotomy.

No kidding.

But ... I keep telling myself that they receive questions in advance and are fairly scripted for these things ...

But, yes they presented the dichotomy - with Desiree focusing on evil & Terri -
and with Kaine getting pulled into a bigger world and noticing good people and acts of kindness.

No kidding.

But ... I keep telling myself that they receive questions in advance and are fairly scripted for these things ...

and with Kaine getting pulled into a bigger world and noticing good people and acts of kindness.

I think that is the one thing that is keeping Kaine going... the support of the community. That's probably why he gets some comfort visiting Kyron's Wall of Hope. He can feel the love and compassion from neighbors, friends and complete strangers.

I can totally relate to Desiree's view, though. I think I would be quite bitter and focus on the negative as well. :( However... I suspect I would be much more vocal about it and not nearly as classy.

Interesting:

I wonder if these are each the opposite of their general worldviews before Kyron disappeared. Both are powerful lessons.

Both statements make me cry, for different reasons.

Just adding another link to Dateline as the first one did not work for me.
Reason given was: Video not available outside USA

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/

smiles_407.gif

OMG that interview was so sad.

It was so terribly sad..
I find peace in the united front from these parents..

Please Lord, shine your light on little Kyron this beautiful day..help him home!

A very powerful and emotional interview.................

It's difficult to watch the overwhelming grief these two parents are experiencing. Although Desiree had several very emotional moments, Kaine came very close to completely losing it when he spoke of his walking Kyron to the bus every morning.

Gosh, that was so hard to watch. Especially the very end when Desiree talked of what they would do when Kyron came home. Please God, bring this little man home. :praying:

No kidding.

I see it the opposite in a way. They were asked what they have learned from the experience. In other words, new knowledge.

Apparently Desiree has been living her life unaware of how many horrible people there are, and Kaine has a new awareness of how many good people there are. Just my take on it.

Sounds like she has spent her life focused on the good, and he maybe a little bit less so?

Okay, I gotta take a break from Rita Cosby who stood in for NG last night and watch the Nightline tape so I'll have another reason to cry....

I think the most touching moment was at the very end when Kaine Horman stated when he comes home that Kryon will not be going anywhere without the "three" of them by his side.

This is about Kaine, Desiree and Tony and I love the way Kaine included him in that statement. It shows a great deal of compassion for the step dad who isn't always there, probably because of his job. But it showed class IMO

I think the most touching moment was at the very end when Kaine Horman stated when he comes home that Kryon will not be going anywhere without the "three" of them by his side.

This is about Kaine, Desiree and Tony and I love the way Kaine included him in that statement. It shows a great deal of compassion for the step dad who isn't always there, probably because of his job. But it showed class IMO

I agree, it does show class. It was a very nice gesture to include Tony as one of three parents. There's a bond there that may not have been there before.

I think that is the one thing that is keeping Kaine going... the support of the community. That's probably why he gets some comfort visiting Kyron's Wall of Hope. He can feel the love and compassion from neighbors, friends and complete strangers.

I can totally relate to Desiree's view, though. I think I would be quite bitter and focus on the negative as well. :( However... I suspect I would be much more vocal about it and not nearly as classy.

I'm with you on the bitter part and probably not as classy as Desiree is being about it. After seeing this video it is clear to me that the parents very much believe Kyron is alive and being kept somewhere, as opposed to them newly thinking he's possibly not alive just from the way the comment came about that he'll never again go anywhere without the three of them in tow.

That was heartbreaking. The looks on their faces when they were asked what they'll do when they get Kyron back... the agony on Kaine's face is just so painful to see. :(

Thank you - to the anonymous donor who doubled the reward money.

Sounds like she has spent her life focused on the good, and he maybe a little bit less so?

At the beginning, I thought KH was a very reserved person. So from this interview, I think that he is opening up more to people and sees the inherent goodness in them, whereas perhaps he didn't notice it so much before because he didn't need their emotional support.

I don't think DY ever suspected that TH would do anything bad to Kyron, and now that she thinks TH is guilty, it must have set her whole world spinning. In her position, I'd wonder if there were anyone else who was in my life who is not the person I thought s/he was.

I can see Kaine as the (perhaps distant) protector, who in his gut sees the outside world as a potential threat from which he keeps his family safe. Poverty, hunger, homelessness, injury - he can prevent a lot of these by working to provide for them so they have food, shelter and safe cars, etc. When the worst happens and Kyron is taken, he feels guilt as a protector, but wonder and gratitude that he's got "back up" so to speak. The police and public care about his family, too. He's not alone in wanting to keep them safe. That must be an eye opener for him, as in his statements he comes across as having made a lot of assumptions about his life that reflect a narrow rather than wide range focus.

Amazing to think he could see that when he believes his wife wanted to have him killed.

I think I would feel more like Desiree, because I already believe that people would rally around someone in need, it takes a village, people are good at heart. I would suddenly be suspicious of everyone to believe that someone I thought I knew if not liked was a wolf in sheeps clothing. Terrifying.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back