GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missing Flagstaff boy, 2, presumed dead
by Michelle Ye Hee Lee - Aug. 2, 2010 03:00 PM

CAMP VERDE - A 2-year-old boy reported missing from Beaver Creek Campground late last month is presumed dead, and the case has now turned into a criminal investigation, the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office said Monday.

The Sheriff's Office announced at a Monday news conference that investigators do not believe the boy, Sylar Newton, wandered off of his own volition.

The tot was last seen the night of Saturday, July 24, at the campground near Rimrock, where he was camping with his custodial mother and her family. His disappearance has stumped searchers.

"It's heartbreaking, absolutely heartbreaking," said Jeff Newnum, the sergeant in charge of the Sheriff's search-and-rescue team.

Though the Sheriff's Office scaled back some of its search operations Saturday, it is still conducting a "limited continuous search" and will pursue any leads from the public about the boy's fate

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...-missing-boy-believed-dead.html#ixzz0vUYN2GiN

I can't understand why they would presume him to be dead... unless an arrest is coming soon.

YCSO believes missing 2-year-old is dead

Officials believe a 2-year-old boy who vanished from a northern Arizona campground over a week ago might be dead.

Sylar Newton was last seen inside a tent sleeping with family members around midnight on July 25th in the Beaver Creek Campground just off of Highway 179 and Interstate 17.

Lieutenant Tom Boelts with Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office said in a Monday press conference that, based on statistics and lack of evidence to the contrary, Sylar is believed to be dead.

There is a small chance that he is alive and Boelts believes the boy was taken from the campsite.

YCSO does not know who did it, but believe they will be able to solve the case.

No one is in custody at this time

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_northern_az/other/ycso-believes-missing-2-year-old-is-dead

lars' Based on the investigation they likely ruled out much possibility he is alive. Thus they would change the direction of the investigation... hence the presumed dead.

Poor little guy.

Mother_of_missing_boy_782de3bb-3528-4e00-8c67-64fbba2b3f250000_20100801230937_320_240.JPG

Sylar Newton

FWIW, I have never---ever---seen a LE make a statement that a child is dead without them having proof beyond a reasonable doubt that the child was indeed deceased. Especially this soon. :no:

We will just have to wait and see if LE says who they are looking at, or if someone in the family stops talking and lawyers up (and even that doesn't always tell you anything). JMHO.

Both audio's are here of the 911 calls.....................

8/1/2010 8:50:00 PM
911 tapes released in search for Sylar

As the search continued Sunday for Sylar Newton, a Flagstaff boy missing for a week from a Beaver Creek campground, authorities released two 911 calls reporting that the 2-year-old had disappeared.

In the first 911 call, which came to the Sedona Fire Department around 2 a.m. this past Sunday, a female voice can be heard saying, "We're out in Beaver Creek. My friend's mom, well, his brother is gone. We can't find him." The dispatcher tells the caller to hold the line while the call is switched to the sheriff's communication center, then the call drops off.

A second 911 call, from the campground host, comes to the sheriff's communication center a half hour later. In that call, the host asks the dispatcher if they've gotten a report of a missing 2-year-old boy.

http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=83877

I think they must have some statements that lead them to believe he is dead but not actual proof as yet. Whether one of the teens or someone else let something slip, who knows. It does very early to draw the conclusion that he is probably not alive, that means they do not believe he was taken away in a car alive, for instance. But I don't think they would say it, without some evidence. They still aren't saying that in Kyron's case after 2 months.

Maybe I'm just living in the old days, but it use to be when the FBI got involved, it wasn't long before the case was solved!

Remember the old days of the FBI TV Series, however,

this one may join the Kyron list of waiting and waiting. :(

The FBI is on that one too.

Mysticrose & Kat ~ Thank you for posting that picture of Skylar. A moment to pause and send prayers. So much he never knew, so much he'll never know.

I'm so glad most of the media has changed the picture they use for him. He deserves more dignity than the one they had been using.

Precious little boy ~ So very, very sad

I wonder if there was possibly some kind of evidence in the car(s)...

First, they took the cars...
Next, they said they were investigating family members...
Then, they were searching the landfill...
And now, they have changed to a criminal investigation...

I believe they may have a few of the outside pieces of the puzzle put together, and they are just waiting for someone to get the inside pieces snapped into place...

IMO... The answer to where Sylar is lies within the people at the campsite that night...

I wonder if there was possibly some kind of evidence in the car(s)...

First, they took the cars...
Next, they said they were investigating family members...
Then, they were searching the landfill...
And now, they have changed to a criminal investigation...

I believe they may have a few of the outside pieces of the puzzle put together, and they are just waiting for someone to get the inside pieces snapped into place...

IMO... The answer to where Sylar is lies within the people at the campsite that night...

Investigators today said they will not reveal details about their investigation such as evidence or suspects. There is simply much we don't know that they do.

My prayers are with Sylar. There were 3 cases that I followed from day 1 where they presumed the child was dead before a body was found. All roads lead to Sylar as well :(

David Westerfield and the Danielle Van Dam Case - she was found murdered
Scott Peterson: Laci and Connor were murdered
Casey Anthony and the Caylee Anythony Case : Death by homicide of unknown origin

All 4 victims were pronounced before bodies was found.

Bless,

Mel

I'm not at all surprised by the statement released today after searching the landfill. It seems to me that LE may have found some evidence inside one of the cars, plus the absence of any evidence that Sylar wandered off on his own, was taken by a wild animal, or abducted from the tent. Not that I believe the "Mexican man" is involved, but I do wonder if too much emphasis on him by family is leading LE right back to them instead. :waitasec: I just pray Sylar is found along with enough evidence so whoever is responsible is brought to trial. MOO

This may have been discussed already. Do we know where the landfill being searched services? For instance, the campground or where Sylar lived?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10