SCARED OF SPIDERS... You should be.

blueclouds

Former member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A woman breaks her leg trying to avoid a spider.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cambridgeshire/3531114.stm

An embarrassed woman who broke her leg avoiding a spider drove to work fearing colleagues would think she was trying to duck out of a team-building weekend.
Sharon Edwards, 43, of Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, did the damage jumping backwards in fear when she encountered a tiny spider in her back garden.

The travel agent assumed it was a sprain and began driving to work.

She headed instead for hospital when she realised she could not feel how hard she was pressing on the pedals.

"I have an absolute fear of spiders. I was taking the rubbish out and a spider had managed to build a web across the path where the bins were," Sharon said,

I hate spiders.. they have tortured me my whole life :mad:

did any of you see the pics of camel spiders over in iraq? they are huge monstrosities from your worst nightmares....one of my sons was over there, he said they sprayed an ENTIRE CAN of insecticide on one of them, and after a minute it got up and walked away!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

deputylinda said:
did any of you see the pics of camel spiders over in iraq? they are huge monstrosities from your worst nightmares....one of my sons was over there, he said they sprayed an ENTIRE CAN of insecticide on one of them, and after a minute it got up and walked away!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG Linda, that's the freakiest thing I've ever heard. Holy SH&T. :eek:

blueclouds said:
OMG Linda, that's the freakiest thing I've ever heard. Holy SH&T. :eek:
did you look at the ugly thing in cass' link! look if you dare!! eeewwwww...i'd have to shoot that thing, several times!!

Did you read the whole link?

According to snopes... Camel spiders reach maybe 5" across.

That photo, is either doctored, or the spider is held real close to the camera, to make the illusion that it's something really big.

Sprocket said:
Did you read the whole link?

According to snopes... Camel spiders reach maybe 5" across.

That photo, is either doctored, or the spider is held real close to the camera, to make the illusion that it's something really big.
THEY REALLY ARE OVER 5 INCHES!!!my son, and many others have seen them. screaming............................... :chicken:

deputylinda said:
THEY REALLY ARE OVER 5 INCHES!!!my son, and many others have seen them. screaming............................... :chicken:
Well, I guess they need to send the snopes web site, a verified photo... :D

Gives a whole new meaning to "spider hole" like the one Saddam was found in. No wonder he didn't resist capture. Would rather face an M-16 then one of those suckers!

let me tell you, i'm not afraid of gun-toting bank robbers or crack dealers...but i'm scared shotless of those spiders!! you couldn't exactly step on one to squash it!

5" across is too big a spider for me!!! :chicken: Although I have learned to be a bit fascinated with spiders. We have such big ones (yellow garden spider, orb weavers, etc.) that I like to study them a bit. This is of course, as long as I don't accidentally walk into a web, and get one ON me...then I totally freak out!! The ones we have to watch out for is the venomous ones, the black widow & brown recluse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back