Military Dog Comes Home From Iraq Traumatized

LookingUp

Reaction score
PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Colorado (AP) - Gina was a playful 2-year-old German shepherd when she went to Iraq as a highly trained bomb-sniffing dog with the military, conducting door-to-door searches and witnessing all sorts of noisy explosions.

She returned home to the United States cowering and fearful. When her handlers tried to take her into a building, she would stiffen her legs and resist. Once inside, she would tuck her tail beneath her body and slink along the floor. She would hide under furniture or in a corner to avoid people.

A military veterinarian diagnosed with her post-traumatic stress disorder — a condition that some experts say can afflict dogs just like it does humans.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpps/news/mi...m-iraq-traumatized-dpgapx-20100803-fc_8987096

Oh so sad :(
dogs are affected by things just like people and he suffered a lot I'm sure. I hope there is some types of treatment to help him.

VB

Awwwwwwwww so sad.
Gina is a hero and should be treated as one.
So happy she's on the mend

It's hard to fathom that she may go back to Iraq

Poor thing! I hope military MD's take a lesson from this and work on ways to rehabilitate our soldiers, so they too can feel a semblance of peace again. God bless our soldiers, human and animal!

poor Gina

send her to me - I'll help her heal

This makes me sad. Makes me sad we need dogs there. Dogs didn't start this stupid war.

:(

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe