Willamette Week "The Kyron Files"

Notice whose picture is NOT there? What a sorry excuse for a "reporter."

Well, now we know what Desiree does for a living. She is an accountant at Lithia Motors.

Now we also know why Desiree was sick. From taking a non-FDA approved drug that caused her kidney failure.

Notice whose picture is NOT there? What a sorry excuse for a "reporter."

All those BIG pictures, and not a single one of

K Y R O N

-4b459699f5912684_custom_665xauto.jpg

Nope, not one item of Kyron.

We do however learn about the reporters pooping in the neighbor's yard. And Kaine target practices for hours on end while, I assume, baby K is napping?

WTH??

You would think biographical information of Kyron would be necessary in The Kyron Files. The article gave a lot of information (Kaine shooting guns for hours on end? Desiree taking non-FDA approved substance that caused her kidney failure?), but as usual, it lacked the obvious.

Well, now we know what Desiree does for a living. She is an accountant at Lithia Motors.

Oh, wow finally! I just saw this myself & came to post that detail. It has that been bothering me that Desiree's work was never important enough for any reporter to ask or mention. :waitasec:

Have no idea how the nurse rumor was started - I had a feeling she was a numbers girl myself. ;) It's very cute how Kyron's parents are both in rather mathy/analytic fields of work.

Now we also know why Desiree was sick. From taking a non-FDA approved drug that caused her kidney failure.

Yes, that too. Very interesting. Obviously "non-FDA approved drug" is a euphemism for something else.

Not suggesting anything illegal or illicit ... As an example - one thing that immediately comes to mind (but may be irrelevant) are the diet-type aids and diuretics...

Yes, that too. Very interesting. Obviously "non-FDA approved drug" is a euphemism for something else.

Not suggesting anything illegal or illicit ... As an example - one thing that immediately comes to mind (but may be irrelevant) are the diet-type aids and diuretics...

IMO, that was a low blow to DY on the part of the "reporter." There are many FDA-approved drugs that can cause kidney failure too. Heck, Tylenol taken in large doses can cause liver damage. No drug is without side effects.

IMO, that was a low blow to DY on the part of the "reporter." There are many FDA-approved drugs that can cause kidney failure too. Heck, Tylenol taken in large doses can cause liver damage. No drug is without side effects.

Exactly......too many tylenol has numerous actions.....you can even overdose on them:banghead:

So Kyron was 2 years old when mom DY had her kidney failure.
I was under the impression that Kyron was a newborn............

Where ar the bio grandparents? DY, TY, and KH parents?
News only mentions TH parents (step-grandparents)

No pic of KYRON!!!!! He is the reason for the KYRON files.................
FIND KYRON!!!
He is the one lost in all this sexting, divorses, gun shooting, limelight step monster & er buddies...............

I was about to post the same thing! My husband had a congenital kidney problem and since he had an operation to correct it he has to be careful what over-the-counter drugs he takes. No Tylenol or Aleve, for instance. The kidneys are sensitive to lots of simple drugs.

New article filled with... I don't know how to describe it. My closest would be a TV Guide article for a new reality show?

http://www.wweek.com/editorial/3639/14358/?SOURCE=RSS

Thanks for posting this.

I have a hunch that they wrote the article like a "TV Guide article for a new reality show" on purpose. It's a very subtle and sly commentary on exactly what has happened with this case.

And I agree: they should have added Kyron. It would have been very powerful to post a large picture of him, or several pictures, with the heading: Little Boy Lost and then talk about him as a conclusion. Even noting that at times it seems as though the tragedy of his disappearance gets lost in the other characters and subplots.

JMO, of course. They dropped the ball at the end.

My blood pressure is going turbo.

Unfortunately BeanE, it does seem sometimes that Kyron has become little other than the pawn of this mystery.

I don't think it's intentional on the parents' or investigator's part that this is happening. However, so long as parents and investigators' focus remains on Terri (murder-for-hire, divorce, sexting, mistrust of step-mom by bio-mom etc.) it does seems the investigation leaks are pointing strongly to Kyron being a pawn in this family's dynamic.

A picture of Kyron with every story should be a minimal ethical requirement.

I'll bet some well-worded letters to the editors of the WW would go a long way towards making sure they never print another article about this case without a picture of the sweet little boy in the center of the muck. :snooty:

Might get after that myself, in fact.

JMHO

Unfortunately BeanE, it does seem sometimes that Kyron has become little other than the pawn of this mystery.

I don't think it's intentional on the parents' or investigator's part that this is happening. However, so long as parents and investigators' focus remains on Terri (murder-for-hire, divorce, sexting, mistrust of step-mom by bio-mom etc.) it does seems the investigation leaks are pointing strongly to Kyron being a pawn in this family's dynamic.

A picture of Kyron with every story should be a minimal ethical requirement.

I be some well-worded letters to the editors of the WW would go a long way towards making sure they never print another article about this case without a picture of the sweet little boy in the center of the muck. :snooty:

Might get after that myself, in fact.

JMHO

Yes well worded, I would say WTF????? Would suffice, Kyron should be at the top!! :furious:

Yes, I agree the article was written in a way to permit speculation of something illicit. That was my point, and I wanted to point out that such speculation would invariably happen. Sometimes it's far better to provide the full truth rather than to insinuate like this and fling open the door. :(

I'll only add that that the non-FDA approved drug was not tylenol or anything over-the-counter that had FDA approval at the time.

And good point is made that it's possible Desiree had genetically impaired kidneys that made them more susceptible to this sort of thing.

I think they wrote this synopsis of the case for people who haven't been hanging around crime forums as we have.

In fact, many points listed in those biographies are things we have talked about at length here - Terri as Richard Jewell? Straight from Websleuths.

Newspaper Writes Lurid Expose = What Else is New?

I actually learned a few things from reading that, so it's sort of handy to have all the stuff on one page.

Yes, I agree the article was written in a way to permit speculation of something illicit. That was my point, and I wanted to point out that such speculation would invariably happen. Sometimes it's far better to provide the full truth rather than to insinuate like this and fling open the door. :(

I'll only add that that the non-FDA approved drug was not tylenol or anything over-the-counter that had FDA approval at the time.

And good point is made that it's possible Desiree had genetically impaired kidneys that made them more susceptible to this sort of thing.

What happened to my husband was that his blood pressure was shooting up while he was only in his thirties and otherwise healthy so it didn't make sense.

Finally his doctor figured out it was a kidney problem. It turned out to be congenital and nowadays it would be seen right away on a baby ultrasound but not in 1963. If it hadn't been repaired quickly he would have lost his kidney. Urine was backing up and poisoning his system - really scary. The operation was expensive too, but we had a good surgeon and good insurance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back