If the Grand Jury indicts, what will the charge(s) be?

What Charge(s) will the Grand Jury indict on, if they do?

• Homicide

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Manslaughter

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Kidnapping

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Custodial Interference

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Child abuse

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
If the Grand Jury indicts, assuming it's Terri who is indicted, what will the charge(s) be?

This poll allows you to choose more than one, as well as to add in another charge.

is murder for hire a charge? if so could it be added to the poll? thanks for the thread beanE

§ 163.257 Custodial interference in the first degree
(1) A person commits the crime of custodial interference in the first degree if the person violates ORS 163.245 (Custodial interference in the second degree) and:
(a) Causes the person taken, enticed or kept from the lawful custodian or in violation of a valid joint custody order to be removed from the state; or
(b) Exposes that person to a substantial risk of illness or physical injury.

§ 163.245 Custodial interference in the second degree
(1) A person commits the crime of custodial interference in the second degree if, knowing or having reason to know that the person has no legal right to do so, the person takes, entices or keeps another person from the other person’s lawful custodian or in violation of a valid joint custody order with intent to hold the other person permanently or for a protracted period.

§ 163.235 Kidnapping in the first degree
(1) A person commits the crime of kidnapping in the first degree if the person violates ORS 163.225 (Kidnapping in the second degree) with any of the following purposes:
(a) To compel any person to pay or deliver money or property as ransom;
(b) To hold the victim as a shield or hostage;
(c) To cause physical injury to the victim;
(d) To terrorize the victim or another person; or
(e) To further the commission or attempted commission of any of the following crimes against the victim:
(A) Rape in the first degree, as defined in ORS 163.375 (Rape in the first degree) (1)(b);
(B) Sodomy in the first degree, as defined in ORS 163.405 (Sodomy in the first degree) (1)(b); or
(C) Unlawful sexual penetration in the first degree, as defined in ORS 163.411 (Unlawful sexual penetration in the first degree) (1)(b).

§ 163.225 Kidnapping in the second degree
(1) A person commits the crime of kidnapping in the second degree if, with intent to interfere substantially with another’s personal liberty, and without consent or legal authority, the person:
(a) Takes the person from one place to another; or
(b) Secretly confines the person in a place where the person is not likely to be found.
(2) It is a defense to a prosecution under subsection (1) of this section if:
(a) The person taken or confined is under 16 years of age;
(b) The defendant is a relative of that person; and
(c) The sole purpose of the person is to assume control of that person.

Oregon statutes:
https://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/163.215

is murder for hire a charge? if so could it be added to the poll? thanks for the thread beanE

Well I made the poll so people can add in charges, but obviously, there's no option to do that :) Let me see if I can fix it.

ETA: I can't fix it, so I've put in a call for help. :) If necessary, I'll delete this one and make a new one.

At this time, with no evidence of Kyron being alive or deceased, I had to vote
on Kidnapping and Custodial Interference.
IF someone finds KYRON deceased or evidence that he is deceased,
I will add another charge............homecide.
I'm still praying for finding an ALIVE KYRON, but my gut says he is deceased now.
JMO

Great question, I would vote on that one, I think it is true.
Tight knit little 'gardening club"

Great poll, great info.

Could you add conspiracy to the list? There's a raft of conspiracy charges hovering about, betcha.

At this time, with no evidence of Kyron being alive or deceased, I had to vote
on Kidnapping and Custodial Interference.
IF someone finds KYRON deceased or evidence that he is deceased,
I will add another charge............homecide.
I'm still praying for finding an ALIVE KYRON, but my gut says he is deceased now.
JMO

This is probably going to come out confusing, but in regards to us not having any evidence of Kyron being deceased, I'm wondering if LE does have this and we just don't know about it yet. There have been quite a few things that have come out that we obviously had no idea were going on "behind the scenes" and we were all taken by surprise, so apparently LE can and does keep things from getting out to the public. Wonder if they actually do have some sort of evidence that he isn't with us anymore. Think about it, here is an example: we haven't heard anything about the search of the truck one way or another. They could have found something there and "unnamed sources" just haven't caught wind of it yet. It is obvious that they are pursuing some sort of charge(s) against TH, and they do seem pretty confident about it. I can't help but think that those charges will be related to Kyron's demise. It's just what it seems like :( I do know that if those type of charges come down, it's going to be a shock for some as they have never stated in public anything about him being deceased.

This is probably going to come out confusing, but in regards to us not having any evidence of Kyron being deceased, I'm wondering if LE does have this and we just don't know about it yet. There have been quite a few things that have come out that we obviously had no idea were going on "behind the scenes" and we were all taken by surprise, so apparently LE can and does keep things from getting out to the public. Wonder if they actually do have some sort of evidence that he isn't with us anymore. Think about it, here is an example: we haven't heard anything about the search of the truck one way or another. They could have found something there and "unnamed sources" just haven't caught wind of it yet. It is obvious that they are pursuing some sort of charge(s) against TH, and they do seem pretty confident about it. I can't help but think that those charges will be related to Kyron's demise. It's just what it seems like :( I do know that if those type of charges come down, it's going to be a shock for some as they have never stated in public anything about him being deceased.

I really don't think LE would keep this from his family. If they have evidence that Kyron is deceased they would feel obliged to tell the family to brace for the worst. Kaine and Desiree have been adamant that during their briefings with LE they have been told they have no evidence that Kyron is deceased.

I just don't think LE would come back to the family and tell them "oh we have had evidence all along that Kyron is dead." (example only)

And if LE thought Kyron was deceased imo they wouldn't still be begging for tips to be called in. IMO, LE is hoping someone sees Kyron.

IMO

If the GJ hands down an indictment I think it will be on an attempted murder for hire charge rather than anything relating to Kyron. I don't think LE has anything solid enough to pursue charges for anything relating to Kyron yet. I feel they are hoping to charge Terri with something in order to continue to apply pressure and absent any probable cause on the Kyron stuff, charges on the MFH plot may serve as just the lever they need to pry some info out of her relating to Kyron.

I selected "custodial interference" because that is the possible charge that LE alluded to in a sstatement on July 30: "We believe that Kyron’s disappearance involves criminal behavior because we have (the) parents that have been deprived of their son for 53 days," Moore said. jmo

OK BeanE is going to start this poll over with more choices. :) So you get to vote 2x. I'm going to close this thread 10-4? Give BeanE a few to get the new poll up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304