Will the Grand Jury Indict & if so, on what charge(s)?

What charges or will no indictment be returned?

• No Indictment will be returned - Terri innocent or not enough evidence

Votes: 41 25.5%
  • Homicide

Votes: 44 27.3%
  • Manslaughter

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Kidnapping

Votes: 40 24.8%
  • Custodial Interference

Votes: 41 25.5%
  • Murder for Hire related charges

Votes: 45 28.0%
  • Conspiracy

Votes: 26 16.1%
  • Child abuse

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Other - please post your thoughts!

Votes: 13 8.1%

• Total voters

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
Will the Grand Jury return an indictment against Terri Horman, and if so, what will the charge(s) be?

You can pick multiple charges/options. The poll wouldn't allow me to also allow write-in options, so please choose #9 for this, and post your thoughts.

Vote and discuss!

This link has all the Oregon statutes for Offenses Against Persons, which include homicide, kidnapping, child trafficking, etc:
https://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/chapter/163

Thanks,
BeanE

I chose No Indictment, because I'm not sure they have enough evidence for any charges, and I also chose Custodial Interference, because I think if they do have enough evidence for any charges, it would only be for that.

I also think Terri may be innocent of any involvement in Kyron's disappearance, and that that's why they would not have enough evidence.

Have we discussed already: if someone is indicted on a lesser charge (custodial interference) and found guilty, can they be tried again on a stronger charge (murder) if more evidence is found?

If not, I will put the question to the lawyers's thread.

Have we discussed already: if someone is indicted on a lesser charge (custodial interference) and found guilty, can they be tried again on a stronger charge (murder) if more evidence is found?

If not, I will put the question to the lawyers's thread.

IANAL, but it's my understanding that more severe charges can be brought later. That's also part of my thinking on a charge like custodial interference. It would hold her while they search for Kyron's body and/or collect more evidence, but leave the door wide open for several more severe charges, should his body be found, and/or more evidence of homicide etc be found later on.

BeanE, I'm curious why you went with CI? I only ask because I don't know much about it, but if TH really didn't have anything to do with this and really did leave Kyron at school that day, where would CI come into play?

TIA, 'ol pal!

I voted for MFH. I feel that's what their gathering from her friends - maybe fleeting statements or overheard convo's. The sting they pulled failed, but if they have the landscapers word, plus the fact TH secretly hired an unneeded landscaper, plus possible statements she made to friends regarding her dislike of Kaine and such - I think that'd be enough.

BeanE, I'm curious why you went with CI? I only ask because I don't know much about it, but if TH really didn't have anything to do with this and really did leave Kyron at school that day, where would CI come into play?

TIA, 'ol pal!

I voted for MFH. I feel that's what their gathering from her friends - maybe fleeting statements or overheard convo's. The sting they pulled failed, but if they have the landscapers word, plus the fact TH secretly hired an unneeded landscaper, plus possible statements she made to friends regarding her dislike of Kaine and such - I think that'd be enough.

CI only if they return an indictment, which I don't think they will. But if they do, it's the only charge I can think of where, absent a witness, the DA *may* be able to 'prove' she took him from the school to the satisfaction of a jury. That would be by saying two things:

- Terri was the last person to see him (LE unable to find anyone who claims to have seen him after Terri claims to have seen him @ 8:45)

- Kyron not still in the school (absent a witness seeing him leave the school, the DA would have to contend that the multiple searches of the school, and no one having seen him in the school since 8:45, 'prove' Kyron is not still in the school where Terri last saw him)

The statement LE made that Bette posted above seems to point to this being the charge they're going after.

I chose "other" because I do not think they are going for an indictment at this time.

I think that the Grand Jury is strictly an investigative tool at this time. Later, the DA will ask for an indictment. But at this time, they only way they can make witnesses talk under oath is through the Grand Jury.

IMO, with all the speculation they need direct witness testimony to help them separate fact from rumor/speculation.

I do not think TH will be indicted at this time. With regard to Kyron's disappearance, she would be indicted if LE had a witness who could place her with Kyron either leaving the school building or outside the school on the morning of 6/4. Or possibly if Kyron's body is located...

But, IMO, the DA could convene another GJ if and when the evidence needed is found. I do not think she was involved with Kyron's disappearance.

All JMO

There is not enough proof to charge her with anything. Until Kyron is found, Terri (and whomever else that is/could be involved) is allowed their same role in society.

As much as I would like resolution in this case, I believe right now (based on what little we truly know for certain) I don't believe there is ''enough'' on TH at this time.

I chose K, CI and CA. I think it will be very telling who all will be called to the GJ. I don't know if there is an age limit as to who can be called in or not. If we see school personnel or students being called in, I would think they found out something from the fliers. I don't think the GJ is a fishing expedition, something has to be presented as to why the GJ is being called and people are being called to corroborate the charges being brought forth.

I have two polar opposite theories:

1) They have enough on her for a related, but smaller charge - child trafficing, custodial interferance, etc. that would put her butt in jail for now so they can try to get her to talk or to hold her until they find Kyron or have enough evidence to bring murder charges.

2) They have waaaay more info than we know of (they've kept everything very close to the vest in this case), and they are going for an indictment on kidnapping and murder (or conspiracy to commit same) charges, and are using the GJ process so they can go for the DP later if she doesn't give up Kyron's location. Basically, "Either start talking or we're going for DP". This way they can still get her on manslaughter or other lesser charges as part of a plea bargain, AND Kaine and Terri get closure with Kyron's whereabouts.

I'm praying it's #2.

Can't vote on what we don't know. We don't know what evidence LE has or doesn't have. So how can we make a rational decision on what the charges would be? JMO

I believe the DA is gathering evidence via the GJ. I'm assuming it's less expensive to have a GJ than for LE to do the investigating themselves.

Also, unless a few facts surface at the GJ hearings that show Terri responsible for the disappearance of Kyorn, there simply is not enough evidence for an indictment - not at this time. :argue: all my opinion

I believe the DA is gathering evidence via the GJ. I'm assuming it's less expensive to have a GJ than for LE to do the investigating themselves.

Also, unless a few facts surface at the GJ hearings that show Terri responsible for the disappearance of Kyorn, there simply is not enough evidence for an indictment - not at this time. :argue: all my opinion

I don't believe the GJ investigates, they hear testimony, from people to corroborate what evidence LE has.

Aaaargh. I goofed and didn't select more than one, so let me get both in here.

I voted for conspiracy (if anything comes down) because I think they're grasping at straws, want her in jail, and they can probably find a conspiracy for something that will allow them to at least arrest her and give her a "jail" experience.

That's ***if*** they do anything. At this point, I don't think they have enough to indict her for anything. But I think they are working hard to find anything that will fit, even if not perfectly.

I voted "other" as I have no clue what they might do.

If they have enough to determine custodial interference against Terri, then that should be enough for kidnapping by this time, either he went with her or he didn't. I honestly think if he was alive, she would have "retrieved" him by now, for fear he would not be kept alive. Therefore, murder would make sense too. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back