Cindy Implicated in Mail Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowie

Reaction score
People Magazine has a brief article stating that Cindy Anthony has been implicated in mail fraud for using Jose' address when sending mail to Casey.

Can someone here clarify something for me? If the mail is marked "Legal Correspondence" does that mean the inmate and only the inmae can open it? IF this is so then how did CA put send letters marked as such that are now made public. Just confused. Thank goodness I or no one I know has been in jail so it is unfamiliar territory for me:)

Cindy being involved in mail fraud doesn't surprise me. And considering what else I think she's involved in, she should have a long rap sheet before it's over.

What cracks me up is that she asks, in the same letter after talking about mail fraud, "Do they think I'm stupid?"

Cindy, do you really want an answer to that question? And shouldn't you be taking something that is a FEDERAL offense more seriously?

How serious is this? Can she be charged for this?

I think Jose will step up and cover for her. She's already said that she had to send her letters to JB for him to read and then he would send them on to KC. Now I know why that information was thrown out there. CYA!

She used Baez' return address, also besides lying about the contents being legal documents. This is trying to perpetrate fraud on the institution. Perry should love this. Guaranteed he knows about it already. I have yet to see a more "letter of the law" judge. Love watching him. He is constantly prefacing rulings with cases. Can't contain myself at times.

Can someone here clarify something for me? If the mail is marked "Legal Correspondence" does that mean the inmate and only the inmae can open it? IF this is so then how did CA put send letters marked as such that are now made public. Just confused. Thank goodness I or no one I know has been in jail so it is unfamiliar territory for me:)

ROFL! No marking something "Legal Correspondence" will not shield it from inspection. Attorney Client privilege really only applies when the attorney is in the room or in some way directly present. I believe in order for documents to be so protected they need to be under the attorneys control? (can a lawyer verify this?) So to shield any such documents they would need to hand carry them to the client. Marking a letter as such pretty much guarantees that the jail officers will take a look at it, because it rather clearly shouts out that someone is trying to put something over on them.

I think given all of the mail to various inmates that the jail can both tell genuine attorney correspondence from fakes and knew it was a ruse. More importantly, I doubt JB never mind any attorney ever trusts the jail to mail anything via the jail to their client. If it was legal documentation of any nature it would get sent to the attorney for review and s/he'd bring it in as work product.

I don't see an attorney mailing anything legal via the jail or allowing it to be left in a jail cell. They are going to control it, get it signed and, take it out.

If true I think, as usual, CA was trying to be too clever and being so clever she did something silly.

I think Jose will step up and cover for her. She's already said that she had to send her letters to JB for him to read and then he would send them on to KC. Now I know why that information was thrown out there. CYA!

I see. So she was being helpful in giving him an envelope with his return address on it and Legal Documents stamped on the envelope to be forwarded to Casey.

Every six weeks the Anthonys in one way or another HURT this case. Either by lying with something like the above or going on tv and lying again about the smell in the car. If I did not know better, I would think Cindy wants to hurt Casey's chances.

Postal inspectors do not kid around and have police powers. A place I worked for accidentally printed out duplicate postage for outgoing shipments one day. We thought we got all the duplicates but some slipped through. Exact same bar codes and everything. So some of our customers received their orders twice.

Within days of shipping, a postal inspector showed up at my workplace to investigate. He explained that this was just one of the ways that people use to commit mail fraud. Often mail fraud is covering up other crimes as well. We were ever so careful with the postage after that. :)

I see. So she was being helpful in giving him an envelope with his return address on it and Legal Documents stamped on the envelope to be forwarded to Casey.

Every six weeks the Anthonys in one way or another HURT this case. Either by lying with something like the above or going on tv and lying again about the smell in the car. If I did not know better, I would think Cindy wants to hurt Casey's chances.

BBM. Isn't that the truth, Solace? For someone who wants to prove her daughter is innocent and is getting "railroaded", her mother sure does a crappy job of it. I love all the mind-play stuff at work here....Cindy can say it all she wants that she thinks Casey is innocent but her subconcious gives her away every time.

I don't think Cindy knows why she does half of what she does. I wonder if she's had some type of frontal lobe damage in the past as she seems so impulsive as is my son who was injured in a car accident.

People Magazine has a brief article stating that Cindy Anthony has been implicated in mail fraud for using Jose' address when sending mail to Casey.
How did they get this info so fast?

ETA: oh, this is online "People"?

Has the envelope with the 'Legal correspondence' notation on it been pulled from the WFTV site? I can't find it today.

Postal inspectors do not kid around and have police powers. A place I worked for accidentally printed out duplicate postage for outgoing shipments one day. We thought we got all the duplicates but some slipped through. Exact same bar codes and everything. So some of our customers received their orders twice.

Within days of shipping, a postal inspector showed up at my workplace to investigate. He explained that this was just one of the ways that people use to commit mail fraud. Often mail fraud is covering up other crimes as well. We were ever so careful with the postage after that. :)
When there's shaky evidence at best to convict someone of the crime, mail fraud (associated with said crime-think insurance fraud) is one of the quickest ways to get a conviction of some sort. It's (the threat) also a good way to get someone to turn on someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff