GUILTY MD - Stephen Westfall for attempted murder of 6yo girl, Cumberland, 2010

mysticrose

The key to change... is to let go of fear
Reaction score
Cumberland, Md., Police Probe Reported Abduction
Suspect may have 2nd child
Updated: Friday, 06 Aug 2010, 5:37 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 06 Aug 2010, 4:15 PM EDT

CUMBERLAND, Md. - A 6-year-old Cumberland girl says she was kidnapped by man who choked her, hit her in the head with a rock and then drove off with another small child in his van, police said Friday.

The FBI said it was monitoring local authorities' search for the suspect, described by the girl as a thin, white man with a tattooed neck driving a black van.

Police didn't know his relationship to the 4-year-old boy with whom the girl said she talked while riding to the rural spot where she was allegedly assaulted Thursday afternoon.

She sought help from a nearby resident who called police when she showed up at his door. Her mother had reported her missing about 20 minutes earlier, police said.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/maryland/cumberland-md-police-probe-reported-abduction-080610

"Somebody stole me" This is what this little girl said to a man who woke to find a naked, battered and bruised little girl holding her bathing suit in her hand and crying.

Police released a photo of the vehicle the little girl was taken in. Either a van or SUV. White male with possibly a tattoo on his neck.

Poor, poor baby. Praying the little boy is safe.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38600431/ns/local_news-hagerstown_md/

Angels :angel: were with this lil girl..Im so glad sheis ok... for the most part...and was able to find help..

wonder who the lil boy is.. hope they find this monster TODAY!!

That poor man that she went to for help is just all choked up in the video, bless his heart. This poor child.

I hope they catch the quickly. If the 4-year old was in a car seat, I'm thinking it is someone the was supposed to have - either his child, or a child he agreed to pick up from school or something. I hope the child made it home safely.

Ugghhhgghghg,

Salem

That poor man that she went to for help is just all choked up in the video, bless his heart. This poor child.

I hope they catch the quickly. If the 4-year old was in a car seat, I'm thinking it is someone the was supposed to have - either his child, or a child he agreed to pick up from school or something. I hope the child made it home safely.

Ugghhhgghghg,

Salem

Oh my gosh, I just watched the video with the man. I am so thankful that she found a home with someone so obviously caring. He is clearly tore up over this, as anyone would be. He will always be her guardian angel now.

Hope they catch this guy. Am thankful the little girl is okay. On Mystics link there is a comment by a guy saying he is at Nana's house. I thought it was Random comment wonder if they have checked to see where he is located. Or it could be a troll comment and nothing of importance. I don't like hearing she was found naked and they did a rape test, I pray thats not what happened.

Over in the Missing section we have a PA Amber Alert dealing with a possible abduction of an unknown child seen in a van.

Lovejac special thanks.

O.K. this guy says he is an author, He had a book published. Has another one supposed to be published.

They still haven't found him. I'm wondering why the law has a mugshot on him?

Myspace

http://www.myspace.com/stevieo1965

Ummmmmmmm, anyone care to read the description of this novel?

http://www.publishamerica.net/product19383.html

a dreaded disease we inherited from the tainted blood of our ancestors’ evil desires

Truer words have never been spoken. But 32.95, I think NOT :snooty:

http://times-news.com/breakingnews/x1243789532/Authorities-identify-suspect-in-alleged-abduction

The suspect, Stephen Matthew Westfall, 44, of Arch Street, remained at large late Saturday. He was last seen at his residence early Saturday morning, and witnesses told police he left on foot.

The victim told authorities that another child, a boy, was also in the van, riding in a child safety seat in the back. The boy told the victim he was 4 years old but did not tell her his name.

Dick said the boy is not a victim, and was not in any danger, but declined to comment further.

He's a Publish on Demand "author"... ie: he submitted his written work to Publish America and in turn they publish his work if people order it (anyone can get this done... writing talent not needed). Usually POD Publishers and Vanity Press companies (you pay bookoos of money to get your work published with a VP) tend to not put hard lines down on editing and content , so I hope LE takes the time to read his "book"... it could be very telling about him.

He and his girlfriend moved back to Maryland from Kentucky in 2009.

Places he lived or so he says: Florida, California, Kentucky and of course Maryland.

Do they know where this little boy is? It looks like the "fiance" has quite a few grands. Maybe it's on of those poor kids.

What in the world would make a human being do that to a child? Also originally they said possible tattoo on his neck. In his mugshot in the one article they described tattoos, but I didn't see one on the neck. That poor little baby girl. No doubt she had to comb over mugshots?

Raging lunatic. Oh yeah and as Elphaba said about editing and such. In his Myspace profile he used the word "too" instead of "to". Hey, no big deal but if you're a writer like ummmmmm you would know, right?

He and his girlfriend moved back to Maryland from Kentucky in 2009.

Places he lived or so he says: Florida, California, Kentucky and of course Maryland.

Do they know where this little boy is? It looks like the "fiance" has quite a few grands. Maybe it's on of those poor kids.

What in the world would make a human being do that to a child? Also originally they said possible tattoo on his neck. In his mugshot in the one article they described tattoos, but I didn't see one on the neck. That poor little baby girl. No doubt she had to comb over mugshots?

Raging lunatic. Oh yeah and as Elphaba said about editing and such. In his Myspace profile he used the word "too" instead of "to". Hey, no big deal but if you're a writer like ummmmmm you would know, right?

BBM.

I hope he doesn't try to say he was doing "research for a new book" :rolleyes:

That one article I found above states that the boy in the van was not in any danger. I wonder if it was his grandson. That is tooooooo creepy. I hope the boy has no memories of it.

What a brave little girl.

Also been in the Navy. Did everyone notice the names of his book:

"Stephen Matthew Westfall is a successfully published author of horror, his first book being titled “Midnight Collection Tales From an Undead World”."

You are so right, Filly, he's no writer!!

Is it possible that the boy was a relative and was used as a lure for the little girl?

http://www.google.com/profiles/huggiebear43

This will probably disappear from the link so I'm posting it, with editing:

Stephen and H both grew up together in Cumberland, Maryland, where they attended high school together but over the years were separated until being reunited after almost 25 years.

Stephen and H moved from Kentucky back to Maryland in the early part of 2009, to be near family and friends.

Their daughter S is an honor student at XXXX, where she is active in the *advertiser censored* and the *advertiser censored* department.

When not writing, Stephen enjoys participating in outdoor activities such as camping and fishing, or spending quiet times with H and S.

Stephen is also a veteran of the U.S. Navy having served during the early 1980’s after his high school graduation."

Where I grew up:
Cumberland, Maryland

Places I've lived:
Maryland,Florida,California,Kentucky

Schools I've attended:
Fort Hill High School; Frostburg State College

Other names
Steve

more at link

Well if he left on foot he probally is going to go off himself ......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back