OR OR - Heather Thompson, 39, Roseburg, 4 Aug 2010

Missizzy

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to make of this. Roseburg, a quiet town in the beautiful Umpqua Valley of Central Oregon, is certainly seeing a huge uptick in crime. My prayers go to this woman's family. A website is mentioned but I haven't found it. It seems that Heather was very loved by her extended family and pet.

http://www.nrtoday.com/article/20100808/NEWS/100809821/1063/NEWS&ParentProfile=1055

Death in Green [OR labeled a homicide

"The body of Heather Thompson, 39, was found inside her home at 176 Honey Lane, located off Landers Avenue [Green district of Roseburg, OR]. An autopsy was conducted on Friday, but the cause of death was not disclosed. However, the case is being investigated as a homicide, said Dwes Hutson, spokesman for the Douglas County Sheriff's Office.

Family members contacted police Wednesday after Thompson failed to show up for an appointment with a friend.

The Douglas County Major Crimes Team has been assigned to investigate the case. Authorities ask that anyone with information about Thompson's death to contact them at 541-440-4471...."

and

"....her spiritual interests also attracted her to Oregon...."

and

"......Heather Thompson advertised herself on a website as a psychic and life coach who offered services ranging from using her “intuitive abilites,” “divine guidance” and Tarot cards to answer questions to supplying “custom crafted spells.”......."

more at link including photo

is this the same little town that we haerd of TH moved to???

This was my first question, passionflower.

Hi mizzizzy! Hope you're doing ok these days! Thanks for bringing this info to a thread. Very interesting. My prayers go out to her family....

wm

Retracting the domestic abuse report. It still may be the same person, but I am not positive.

So we know Ms. Thompson grew up in Washington State. She lived in Nevada, and she lived in California.

Izzy, for the Dickens of me I can't find her website.

Hi WM!! Yes, this is the same town that TH has returned to. Her parents were teachers here. Also the same town where little 5 year old Sahara Dwight was raped and murdered a few weeks ago and the same town where the second grade teacher, Steven Derlacki, was arrested for large amounts of child *advertiser censored*.

Not typical, at all. Roseburg is in Central Oregon (and Green is a district or small unincorporated town just south). It's about a 3 hour drive to Portland from there. Roseburg sits right on the I-5 corridor.

I'm also questioning whether a thread I started yesterday about a missing Bend woman, Roberta Jones, could be related. Very strange indeed.

I wonder if she gave a reading to someone regarding what happened to Kyron?

Has anyone found Heather Thompson's ( I believe her maiden name is Wolf) FB page?

Here is another article:

I don't know if anyone has linked to it yet.

From the article:
* she moved to Oregon from Nevada in early June
* she owned a carpet cleaning business with her brother-in-law (before moving)
* in Green (the Green District where she lived), she shared a rented house with her cousin's ex-husband.
* she grew up in Puyallup, Wash.
* her ex-husband lives in Rosamond, Calif.
* her ex believes her "spiritual interests" attracted her to Oregon
* she advertised herself on a website as a psychic and life coach who offered services ranging from using her “intuitive abilites,” “divine guidance” and Tarot cards to answer questions to supplying “custom crafted spells.”

Can anyone find that website where she advertised? Her FB?

More in that article:

* her dad talked to her on the phone at 11 a.m.Tuesday (“Everything was going good for her,”)
* her dad tried to catch her Tuesday eve as he was driving home from a night class, he got no answer
* her dad tried calling her on Wednesday

Her dad called the Sheriff Wed. evening.

Heather was found deceased in her home on Thursday.

So did her dad just miss her for those phone calls? What does the autopsy say about possible time of death. Anyone finding anything?

Okay...so her ex texted her on Wednesday, she didn't respond (guess they kept in touch, though they hadn't for a few months.) He thought it was “very unusual” that she didn't respond.

Kinda looks like something happened maybe Tuesday or Wednesday -- so where was her roommate? Where is he?

I've found addresses for her in the past in Palmdale and Lancaster, CA and Las Vegas, NV with relatives of her ex-husband listed.

I think the facts you listed, Wrinkles, are all that have been released. I'm not seeing any comments of interest yet.

FWIW, Rosamond (where her ex lives), is a small town just north of Lancaster and Palmdale--two California desert cities. It looks as if both parents live in Palmdale and her mom shows up here:

http://www.cityofpalmdale.org/depar...eighborhood_watch/newsletters/January2008.pdf

It's ironic and sad that the family would be concerned about neighborhood safety and their daughter just got murdered in another state. I wonder if getting involved with safety was brought about by any crimes committed against the family in the past.

Hello Miss...

Thanks for the info. As far as Rosamond, Palmdale, Lancaster... I'm familiar with the entire area knowing many who live there.

Lots of questions on this, but the first one is where is the person who rents or owns/lives in that house with her. Where have they been the last few days.

Guess the other questions is who has she been hanging out with since she moved there and who was she to meet on Wednesday, i.e. who was that appt. with.

A couple of things, Steven Derlacki and TM's parents live quite close to each other in Roseburg "proper". Heather lived in the small community of Green, 9 miles south of Roseburg.

Sahara Dwight's murder also occurred in central Roseburg.

FWIW, the neighbors of the missing Bend woman, Roberta Jones, also thought that something happened to her on Wednesday. Blood was found throughout that house but no body has been located. I have not heard about the crime scene involving Heather.

Looking for ownership on the house.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back