CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #8

WhyaDuck?

Inactive
Reaction score
1_61_081309_Hasanni_Campbell_web.jpg

Hasanni Campbell was 5 years old when he was reported missing by his foster father in Oakland, CA, on August 10, 2009, ca. 4pm. He has not been found, and no one has yet been brought to justice in connection with this case. Oakland PD has said they believe Hasanni's case is now a homicide investigation.

A continuation on the very sad occasion of Hasanni's one-year-missing mark. I had so hoped something would have happened in this case by now.

Continue on.

Previous discussion threads:
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Hasanni Campbell Forum Index: Forum: Hasanni Campbell

Lost Child Case Marks One Year

By LORI PREUITT
Updated 4:00 PM PDT, Sun, Aug 8, 2010

This week marks one year since a little boy named Hasanni Campbell was reported missing. He has not been seen since.

In the past 363 days, the missing child's case has received lots of media attention, but little public interest. Vigils often drew as few as five people and weekend searches consisted of only a dozen dedicated strangers. In the beginning his foster parents and some family members took part in the vigils and the searches, but they have faded away along with any leads in the case.

<snipped>

To mark the one year anniversary Tuesday, Miller and a few others will meet with Alameda County Chief Deputy District Attorney Tom Rogers to discuss any possible new developments in the case. Investigators consider this a homicide case.

On Tuesday a rally will be held outside the D.A. office in Oakland at 4 p.m. By Sunday afternoon, Facebook organizers said they only knew of 14 people who would be attending the rally.

Miller could obviously use some help in her effort to find a little boy who spent all of his short life here in the Bay Area. She can be contacted at (510) 276-9090 or e-mail to findhasanni@gmail.com.

More at:
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Lost-Child-Case-Marks-One-Year-100230249.html

If so, then welcome - we're glad to have more people banding together for Hasanni.

If you're wondering what's up, here's a few threads that might help you catch up on the case:

News archive:
CA-Hasanni Campbell - MISSING - Links, photos and articles ONLY - No discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

-
Image bank:
Image Bank - NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

-
Who's Who guide:
CA - Hasanni Campbell - Missing - Who's Who and What's Where NO DISCUSSION PLEASE - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

-
A Q&A thread to help the confused:
Questions and Answers Only ***No Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

-
And the rest of Hasanni's forum here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=370&order=desc

Thanks to everyone who has started, maintained and supported the reference threads on this forum. Much appreciated!

Bringing this over, as well.

One-year anniversasry of Hasanni campbell (sic)

OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- Tuesday will mark the one-year anniversary of the disappearance of 6-year-old Hasanni Campbell, and a week of events is planned in the East Bay to generate publicity for the case and other ones like it, starting with the grand opening Sunday of a nonprofit dedicated to missing persons.

Hasanni was reported missing by his foster father, Louis Ross, who said the boy disappeared Aug. 10, 2009 from a car parked outside a shoe store in Oakland's Rockridge neighborhood.

San Leandro business owner Sherri-Lyn Miller founded Citizens for the Lost Society in the wake of Hasanni's disappearance, and the group has helped organize searches, vigils and fundraisers since he went missing.

More at:
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7599301

You'll never be forgotten, Hasanni :rose:

What happened to Hasanni?

By Kristin Bender
Oakland Tribune
Posted: 08/09/2010 12:00:00 AM PDT

The case is unsolved. The media attention on the case, rampant in the first months, has faded and police don't talk about or promote the case, other than to say the investigation remains open.

A group of people who have continued to search for the boy under the guidance of the nonprofit group Citizens for the Lost Society are meeting with Tom Rogers, chief deputy district attorney, on Tuesday to discuss how the group can better use their resources to continue to search for the boy. Rogers declined to comment on the case, saying, "I can't talk about an active investigation."

However, he did say, "There are still things that Oakland police are checking." Sources close to the case said police reinterviewed Ross in the spring and police plan to conduct another search for the boy in the next few months.

In the meantime, Hughes, the boy's father, who has spent time in prison and admits he and the boy's mother had problems and needed help with the children, would also like to talk to Ross.

"They never called and said, 'I apologize.' They never stopped by and gave me a hug. I guess in time. If it's fear, then it's fear," Hughes said.

Hughes, 32, who is separated from Hasanni's biological mother, said he would forgive Ross if the man knew something about the disappearance.

"I don't hold nothing against (him)," he said. "I would just like to know where the boy is at."

More at:
http://www.mercurynews.com/top-stories/ci_15699357?nclick_check=1

This is a good overview article. Also, it's the first time I have seen extensive quotes from Hasanni's biodad, I think.

Rally to keep Hasanni Campbell case alive

Chip Johnson
Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Even the most stalwart volunteers in the search for Hasanni Campbell fear they will never find any trace of the adorable 5-year-old with cerebral palsy who disappeared one year ago today.

"We pretty much know we are searching for a body, but we still need to find him," said Sherri-Lyn Miller, founder of Citizens for the Lost, a civilian search and rescue organization.

The group, which began looking for Hasanni the day he went missing, may have to face the probability that the young boy has perished, but its primary focus is to ensure Campbell's case remains alive and active.

The group has scheduled a rally outside the Alameda County district attorney's office today at 2 p.m. to renew public interest in the case. Miller and Gail Steele, an Alameda County supervisor, are scheduled to meet with the district attorney's office afterward, Miller said.

More at:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/08/09/BAHT1EREEE.DTL

Hasanni Campbell Still Missing After A Year

OAKLAND (BCN) &#8213; At a news conference Tuesday, the lead investigator into the disappearance of 6-year-old Hasanni Campbell a year ago said he considers the boy's foster father to be the prime suspect in the case.

Acting Lt. Gus Galindo said he believes Hasanni "met some kind of foul play at the hands of Louis Ross," who was raising the boy along with Jennifer Campbell, who is Hasanni's aunt and foster mother.

Galindo said he believes Ross, 39, "was not forthright" in his interviews with police and said, "I want to bring him to justice."

He said he considers Ross to be the prime suspect because Ross was the last person with Hasanni, who suffered from cerebral palsy, before he disappeared.

More at:
http://cbs5.com/local/hasanni.campbell.year.2.1852601.html

Prayers that Hasanni is found and justice is done. I know he has a Guardian Angel watching over him.:angel2:

Come home soon baby boy. You are needed. We won't forget sweetie, we are waiting.

Look at this vile thing:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/If-1000000-people-join-I-will-release-Hassani-Campbell/223972520597

It is from someone claiming they will release Hasanni if people join. WTF?

Wow--does Facebook want this kind of vile thing on their site? What on earth is this "person" trying to prove? I wonder if there's a way to report this.

Edited to add: I just checked the Facebook "Report" thing, and this creepy, stupid page doesn't meet any of the criterion exactly. It isn't racist (or is it?), doesn't promote violence, and so on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back