8/08/2010 Police swarm TN home of Joe Overstreet

cheddar

Reaction score
Police Swarm Antioch Home

Metro Police swarmed an Antioch home Sunday evening, the same one that was once the center of the search for clues into a nationally-known missing child case.

Acting on a tip, officers search a home in the 1500 block of Antioch Pike. A sergeant at the home said officers found what they believe to be stolen goods and narcotics. Officers detained and questioned two men at the home.

This isn't the first time this year the home attracted both police and public attention.

In April, Florida investigators questioned Joe Overstreet, a man who lives there, in their search for clues in the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings.

More here: http://www.wsmv.com/news/24559399/detail.html

I bet they have been watching that home for quite sometime and now found their reason to search it !

Jo has been booked but not charged with anything yet, they can hold him for a certain amount of time without a charge but they have to let him go after that time frame or charge him.....

they both say zero charges.:waitasec:

If it was his house, even if the contraband was not his, they can charge him. And I would think they would want to charge him with something in order to detain him. But he has been taken into custody. Time will tell if they want to keep him.

ETA: But, if it's not his house but his Mom's house, I am not sure they can charge him unless they have evidence to do so. IDK, I am guessing.

It's about freakin' time...just sayin'

Apparently there may have been another person with him also arrested?

OMG. If this is true they better freaking search areas in TN for Haleigh. What if she is burried up there or something?

I am not trying to bash or poke fun, but this has to be the dumbest group of criminals I have ever seen or heard of! Really...you could not make this stuff up!!

If it was his house, even if the contraband was not his, they can charge him. And I would think they would want to charge him with something in order to detain him. But he has been taken into custody. Time will tell if they want to keep him.

ETA: But, if it's not his house but his Mom's house, I am not sure they can charge him unless they have evidence to do so. IDK, I am guessing.

I understand there were narcotics there. I was just confused why no charges listed.
mysticrose said, upthread, that they can detain him and not charge him for a couple/few days.

oh yea pretty weird this went down so soon after Tommy hearing

I think they can hold you up to 48 hours without charges....

he lawyer up but LE is putting pressure again. but that darn lawyer

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158